The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

I really wanna try follow your heart on pizza because it?s such a good brand! But I live in a smaller town without a lot of choices. Do they have shreds? I?ve seen follow your heart mozzarella slices, but I didn?t know if it would melt that well on pizza.

They have mozzarella and cheddar shreds. I'm not quite sure how well the slices would work either, but you could probably test it out. Are there blocks at your local store? You could always grate it yourself if so.

I have a recipe for vegan carbonara if anyone wants it, it's currently my favourite dish and takes about fifteen minutes to make!

I have a recipe for vegan carbonara if anyone wants it, it's currently my favourite dish and takes about fifteen minutes to make!

You should totally post it! My boyfriend and I adore pasta dishes!

^^Yummy uh yes please!!

I made vegan tamales last night and they turned out pretty good! Especially as leftovers to take with to work

i have a question. If it hurts the vegans and vegetarians here then im sorry..
"Is it hard to be vegan or vegatarian?"

i have a question. If it hurts the vegans and vegetarians here then im sorry..
"Is it hard to be vegan or vegatarian?"

Questions like that shouldn't sound offensive to veg*ns. Don't worry. :)

And I think it depends on the person. I returned after figuring out what foods I'm sensitive to and developing a healthier attitude towards food. For me, it just feels very natural, since I became a vegetarian as a child and had a supportive mother. If you are in charge of what you eat, opposed to a non-supportive parent/guardian, it will be much easier too. Also, some people like to get into plant-based eating or a full vegan lifestyle by incremental change, as that's easier for them, while others find cold-turkey easier and more kind to their conscience. There can also be quite some trial-and-error from hidden ingredients and misreading ingredient lists, but if you're able to forgive mistakes, it makes it a whole lot easier. Plus, opposed to just a decade or so ago, there are so many more options for plant-based foods and even non-plastic, vegan replacements for leather. There are also so many resources online for maintaining healthy nutrition! Being informed before making the change can be very helpful in sticking with it, but you also learn stuff along the way too and can adjust habits as necessary.

Back