• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

Yeah, I see.

I don't know, maybe you should try a step by step approach if you wanna stop eating meat.
Like, first say you won't eat your least favorite type of meat, then slowly cut off the rest one by one?
Idk, just a thought.

That's the approach I took and now the only meats I enjoy eating are turkey, bacon, cold cuts and hotdogs. The rest I can do without. I'm slowly transitioning. It helps that I adore tofu and use it as a replacement for chicken.

That's the approach I took and now the only meats I enjoy eating are turkey, bacon, cold cuts and hotdogs. The rest I can do without. I'm slowly transitioning. It helps that I adore tofu and use it as a replacement for chicken.

Oh, I'm glad to hear it works then :)

Yeah, I like tofu too, I just eat it on occasion though.

vegan definitely does not have to mean healthy. loads of sweets, fizzy drinks/soda and junk food is or can be made vegan.

vegan definitely does not have to mean healthy. loads of sweets, fizzy drinks/soda and junk food is or can be made vegan.
Yeah, that's very true.
I don't eat any junk food or drink soda, and hardly every have desserts so I guess I'm doing fine.

Tofu is amazing. It absorbs the flavours of what it's cooked in, so can easily be made to taste similar or exactly the same as things like eggs, chicken, pork, ect! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, that's very true.
I don't eat any junk food or drink soda, and hardly every have desserts so I guess I'm doing fine.

i ate an entire dairy-free chocolate cake yesterday... didn't need it, made it on a whim. tasted great lmao

does anyone know any good vegan recipes or recipe sites? I'm moving into my own place and I'm going to be cooking for myself but I just eat junk food and cook the basics, and I'm looking to actually start cooking properly

i threw away all my makeup that's been tested on animals today. which was about 75% of it. im a bit hurt

I love sweet potatoes, so anything with them in is a plus, I'll have to give this a go sometime!

That's great :D I like sweet potatoes too. That lasanga is actually really good, you might like it.

How. How can you live without bacon...

i live easily and sleep like a baby knowing no baby pigs are dying to feed me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

:rolleyes: Why does everyone always ask this. Bacon isn't even the best meat.

pigs-r-frends-not-food.gif
tumblr_my1bx4GwRG1smdot9o1_400.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love sweet potatoes, so anything with them in is a plus, I'll have to give this a go sometime!

ooooh same!! i love sweet potatoes

i live easily and sleep like a baby knowing no baby pigs are dying to feed me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

pigs-r-frends-not-food.gif
tumblr_my1bx4GwRG1smdot9o1_400.gif

- - - Post Merge - - -

ooooh same!! i love sweet potatoes
Piglets are the cutest

I've recently become addicted to Smart Ground Mexican Style Crumbles. I've been having mostly black beans as my replacement protein for tacos/burritos/nachos for a long while and it leaves a lot to be desired but omg these crumbles are so good? I know it sounds weird, but the fact that they're a little "greasy" makes it that much more delicious to me. I especially love them in nachos but they are just really really good. I have been sad because I started getting sick off Field Roast lately, I don't know what happened but now every time I eat it I get horrible indigestion that lasts a day and a half so I have't been able to eat it, which limits my protein replacements even more. =/ It wouldn't suck so bad if we had more options at the stores here but I live in Hicksville and so vegetarian needs aren't really anybodies priorities, which I mean, they should be because there's obviously other people than me who enjoy the same foods because they're often out of some of my fave products.

I truly believe it's not possible to truly love animals if you're not vegan/vegeterian. If you have a dog or cat that you love, to me there should be no separation from that to a pig or cow. I grew up with so many animals, and brought up vegan, and I have a ton of pictures of myself with my pet sheep. It's stunning to me that nobody has ever taken the time to try and bond with these creatures rather than base their value on trivial matters such as how they can benefit us.

I don't have the same problems as a lot of you guys, 'cause I was literally born vegan, but it's worth changing. Animals are more alike than we think.

alot of people, especially those in the city, grow up without ever being up close with an animal. even a dog or a cat. they only ever see animals either several feet away as a display in a zoo, or on a screen. as a result, they dont ever get a chance to be upclose and spend time to emotionally empathize to a living being other than human. so they dont see sides of animals that display signs of intelligence/emotions in comparison to those who do spend their time with.

sorry(notsorry) that i keep posting animal things, but this pig is enjoying a heckin big scritch

Back