• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

i have been vegetarian for 12 years now and i would love to be vegan but i need quorn to up their game as that's pretty much what i live off

I'd probably be a vegetarian if spaghetti didn't exist :lemon:

Last edited:
spaghetti is vegetarian. do u mean bolognaise? honestly soya mince is better than real mince, you should try it!!!!!

Yeah I meant bolognaise lol, I haven't thought about trying soya but I'll keep that in mind! c:

I am considering becoming a vegetarian. I have a question. For dinner I ate a homemade cheesebuger with a side of carrots and celery with peanut butter to dip it in. If I eat some chocolate candy for dessert will that defeat the purpose of losing weight?

I am considering becoming a vegetarian. I have a question. For dinner I ate a homemade cheesebuger with a side of carrots and celery with peanut butter to dip it in. If I eat some chocolate candy for dessert will that defeat the purpose of losing weight?

I mean you already ate a cheeseburger...

nah i don't think so. just eat as little as the candy as you can though.

I've been vegetarian/vegan for about 5 years due to food allergies. I'm vegan now though, and have everything raw/whole if I can help it. Any time I have something that's vegetarian instead of vegan it's usually cuz my husband made it. I think over these past 5 years I've only had real meat like 4 or 5 times, and the last time I remember was having a couple pieces of orange chicken on my husband's birthday last year (cuz it's his favorite). Fruit is my favorite thing tho tbh, most of my intake is fruit.

It started as more of an elimination diet since I have so many health problems. Found out that most of my stomach, lung and mental health problems flared up when I had meat, dairy, processed sugar, flour, or oil. I never thought I was intolerant to any of those things. I was when I was a baby but I thought I grew out of it?? I didn't, I just got used to constantly being sick due to constantly having those foods in my body. I thought I was just doomed to be sick forever I guess? But when I stopped eating them, it took a week or so to notice but I felt soooo much better. The tradeoff, though, is that now whenever I have even a small bit of any of those foods I get sick so much faster and harder. At least I don't have a taste for those foods anymore, or else I'd be in hell haha!

A hard part that I have to put up with is dairy substitutes. Not because I want dairy, but because my husband wants to make something with dairy. I'm severely allergic to nuts in addition to everything else, so I can't have almond milk or cashew cheese or anything like that. A couple times my husband used dairy or flour or oil in something since he didn't know what to substitute, and I got really sick cuz I didn't want to be rude to him and not eat it lmao /cries

I mean I don't even care for anything that resembles dairy or meat (or bread) anymore. There is soy-meat and soymilk, and I can have those, but I don't really want them? All I ever have legitimate cravings for is fruit. I wouldn't have it any other way though!

Oh man I love this thread so much!! Like minded people actually talking about something I'm super passionate about; no way!

I have been vegetarian for about a year now (but I've never actually had red meat; only ever ate lean meat, not that it makes it any better). Sometimes I struggle with it just because all of my friends and people at school give me crap for being a vegetarian. I remember once having a big fight with my now-boyfriend because he's a hugee meat-eater and he was totally against people being vegetarian or vegan. He gave me the whole "animals have no use on earth other than to be food sources for us" shpeal and I was just not having it lol.
Last summer I experimented with being vegan but ultimately failed cuz I just have so many freaking cravings for things that have dairy. I am curious what everyone's opinions on being 100% raw vegan though. Do any of you believe the benefits for eating everything raw and uncooked outweigh the limitations of eating like that? I'm genuinely curious.

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I might as well be one. My boyfriend is vegetarian and best friend has recently gone from vegetarian to vegan. I can cook vegetarian meals really well as we cook together anyway. The only time I eat meat is if I eat out alone or if he isn't cooking.

i became a vegetarian this may i think???
i don't really know what sparked my inspiration for it i think a vegan video was just recommended to me on youtube and i was sooo interested in it and learned a lot of horrible things (i watched some of the more graphic videos and thats what made me 100% stop) and from there on out i decided not to eat meat ever again lol
i've had 2 mistakes so far which is eating pepperoni pizza this was at the start so i wasn't too serious abt it and another time i forgot the sushi i was eating had crab in it
i wanted to be vegan at first but my parents gave me a lot of **** for being vegetarian already so?? and sometimes im embarrassed to say it bc so many ppl make fun of vegans or have a certain stereotype abt them u know but its whatever

I made two different vegan gluten free pumpkin pies this week. They were awesome, especially the one from Minimalist Baker.

I've been vegan for over 3 years now, vegetarian for around 10 before that!

I'm lazy and pretty much living off vegan junk food at the moment

Today I had a little Field Roast brand Celebration Roast, all I could eat from our spread was the sweet potatoes, the potatoes, and the rolls. Nothing like starchy sides... I was super bummed my Aunt Brought over the green bean casserole which I LOVE but it was full of bacon, why you gotta ruin a good thing? =[

Bump!

Added a banner to the front page, some clever websites, etc. Hard to believe I created this thread over two years ago!

Last edited:
Yeah, I bake a lot too. There are tons of vegan baking options but they're hard to obtain, and you really have to know the specific purpose of each one.

A little tip if you wanna make American pancakes. My bf makes them the same way as most people do but uses soya milk and doesn't use anything for the egg substitute. They haven't come out or tasted any different.

Back