The Vegan and Vegetarian Thread

I've been vegan for over 3 years now, vegetarian for around 10 before that!

I'm lazy and pretty much living off vegan junk food at the moment

I am doing this rn... and I've been vegan for over 2 years, before that, vegetarian for 4-6 years? <3
I wonder if you're still living off of vegan junk food? :rolleyes:

I am doing this rn... and I've been vegan for over 2 years, before that, vegetarian for 4-6 years? <3
I wonder if you're still living off of vegan junk food? :rolleyes:

I feel like 90% of my food is vegetarian junk food, and stuff out of the microwave. I always laugh when people are in disbelief of me, a fat person, having been vegetarian for almost 10 years now, like I said I was vegetarian I didn't say I ate healthy.

That is why I hate people who automatically think that vegetarian/vegan junk food is healthy, just because it doesn't contain meat/animal products. Like no it ain't team.

Last edited:
While I may not be one myself, I actually have a high level of respect for people who are vegan/vegetarian. I don't think I can go without eating meat.

Im a proud Vegetarian, One of the best decisions i ever made!

I'd love to go vegan someday, when I move out probably. I'm stuck with vegetarian as it stands though, my parents don't really 'approve' of that either but they deal with it.

i've been vegan on and off for two years now and last week i finally cracked down and went fully vegan, 100%, no bull****, no excuses. all animals have a will to live, they all strive to survive. even if i'm one in a million, i realised i can't be the person who takes the lives of innocent animals anymore.

I know the "if you eat animals, then you don't truly love them" sentiment, but like, what do I feel for them then? I always get happy when I see one, and I interact with them with care. There are some people who don't seem to have the same compassion I do for them, but idk. The connection I feel with animals is certainly something different, but becoming a vegetarian is near impossible for me. Though, I do have tons of respect for vegetarians and vegans. Idk what I feel....Ducks, geese, mice, tiny suburban birds even make me happy.

Last edited:
I know the "if you eat animals, then you don't truly love them" sentiment, but like, what do I feel for them then? I always get happy when I see one, and I interact with them with care. There are some people who don't seem to have the same compassion I do for them, but idk. The connection I feel with animals is certainly something different, but becoming a vegetarian is near impossible for me. Though, I do have tons of respect for vegetarians and vegans. Idk what I feel....Ducks, geese, mice, tiny suburban birds even make me happy.

(this is just my opinion, not every vegan might share the same views as me and i definitely don't mean to offend)
The way I see it, if you've (universally) seen what the meat and dairy industry is, what the animals go through and you're upset by it, you kinda owe it to the 7,000 animals the average omnivore will eat in their lifetime, to go vegan/vegetarian.

(this is just my opinion, not every vegan might share the same views as me and i definitely don't mean to offend)
The way I see it, if you've (universally) seen what the meat and dairy industry is, what the animals go through and you're upset by it, you kinda owe it to the 7,000 animals the average omnivore will eat in their lifetime, to go vegan/vegetarian.

I've seen it along with Food Inc..I tend to avoid those because they make me upset.You're absolutely right, and I don't feel offended. It's just such a hard transition...

I've seen it along with Food Inc..I tend to avoid those because they make me upset.You're absolutely right, and I don't feel offended. It's just such a hard transition...

Yeah, I've been there. It's hard when you enjoy the foods you're cutting out. It's best to cut them out slowly, find alternatives that you can enjoy, until you're at a point where you just don't enjoy those other foods anymore.

I truly believe it's not possible to truly love animals if you're not vegan/vegeterian. If you have a dog or cat that you love, to me there should be no separation from that to a pig or cow. I grew up with so many animals, and brought up vegan, and I have a ton of pictures of myself with my pet sheep. It's stunning to me that nobody has ever taken the time to try and bond with these creatures rather than base their value on trivial matters such as how they can benefit us.

I don't have the same problems as a lot of you guys, 'cause I was literally born vegan, but it's worth changing. Animals are more alike than we think.

I truly believe it's not possible to truly love animals if you're not vegan/vegeterian. If you have a dog or cat that you love, to me there should be no separation from that to a pig or cow. I grew up with so many animals, and brought up vegan, and I have a ton of pictures of myself with my pet sheep. It's stunning to me that nobody has ever taken the time to try and bond with these creatures rather than base their value on trivial matters such as how they can benefit us.

I don't have the same problems as a lot of you guys, 'cause I was literally born vegan, but it's worth changing. Animals are more alike than we think.
I agree with this :)
Also your pet sheep is adorable.
I was a vegetarian since I was born, not a vegan but I only eat free range eggs now and organic milk so I'm trying my best, I also eat alot of vegan dairy free food. I stay away from anything with rennet or gelatin too. I don't eat fish either since some people think I would but it's like "No, I'm no a pescatarian", I guess they just don't understand.
I've had a whole bunch of pets growing up, dogs, a parrot, rabbit, guinea pigs. I visited a little farm place too (a rescue farm I guess, they saved cows and stuff, it was run by the city I believe for people to go visit for a fee and they didn't hurt or use any of their animals) and I've always loved all animals. I don't see any difference in the value of a pig or a dog, they're both living feeling creatures and deserve respect. I know that many people will say they love animals, and I'm sure they do to some extent, but if they don't actually change and stop using animals (since that's basically what it is, using them for such a now utterly uneeded food source), or even just keep trying and doing their best, so they don't totally care for them, they only care for the ones they choose to. That they want to care for. So I don't know, I find it hard when I meet an "animal lover" who eats meat every meal and won't even think twice about that, due to The "-animal- isn't a pet" denial.

I know it can be hard to have a big diet change from what I've heard, and I've never had to do that, but it is possible, alot of people have done it. To me meat isn't a food...
I think maybe if people tried to face the truth and accept that they have grown up in a certain place and eat meat, that's okay it's in the past, they didn't change then but that shouldn't stop them from changing now.

Last edited:
I agree with both you and Bowie, Issi. I place value on all animals, even chickens, which is why I worry about not being a vegetarian.

I agree with both you and Bowie, Issi. I place value on all animals, even chickens, which is why I worry about not being a vegetarian.

Yeah, I see.

I don't know, maybe you should try a step by step approach if you wanna stop eating meat.
Like, first say you won't eat your least favorite type of meat, then slowly cut off the rest one by one?
Idk, just a thought.

Back