• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you leave your 3DS on while you do other things?

I usually leave mine in sleep mode , unless I go to bed then which I'll turn it off. Who knows, someone may walk past your house with a 3ds

If I'm not going to be using it at all, I'll shut the lid and leave it in sleep mode, although I think I do really leave it in sleep mode for too long periods really. I'll often leave New Leaf idling for short periods while I do something else, as I often get people talking to me. I do also simply forget it's turned on, so it'll sit there about an hour before I realise and shut the lid.

Mines not off unless the battery dies, even the I'll plug it in and turn it back on.

Mines only on when I'm playing it. I'll just put it in sleep mode if I need to do something quick, but if it takes a while, I shut my 3ds off.

Mine is usually on, so that if I go out, it is ready to streetpass people.

um yeah I always turn it off when I'm not using it. I often watch youtube videos while playing so sometimes I will put my 3ds down for a few minutes but then I'll either turn it off or continue playing.

I leave mine on by accident a lot. Sometimes it's in sleep mode all night.

If I'm not straight-up playing it, I'm looking up something related to what I'm playing, so it'll be open and running next to me. I actually rarely have it off, just so if I go somewhere, I can get play coins. I also sometimes just forget it's open, so it just stays on while I'm out or something, haha.

I rarely turn mine off. It has a very long battery plus I like opening it and just start playing~

Sometimes, if I'm too busy for a couple hours and can't save my file on a game, I'll leave it turned on for a little bit while plugged into the wall.... :)

I'm always in a rush so I usually leave it on. I'm trying to make t a habit to turn t off :p

I keep it on a lot mostly because I'm too lazy to take the 5 extra seconds to turn it off ;o;...

If I turn it on at all during the day, I always end up leaving it in sleep mode until I go to bed.

Last edited:
i have a launch day aqua blue 3ds and i have never turned it off once :-}

I leave it on most of the day for streetpass, sometimes I forget to turn it off until late at night

fo ex. while scrolling through the forums, going to eat dinner, etc i personally don't, mainly b/c my activity log would be way off and battery life aha

(i realized this has nothing to do w/ ACNL oops?)

Luckily stuff here doesn't appear to have to be about ACNL- I don't leave mine on for the same reasons, I may sit it down for like 2 or three minutes if, say, I'm waiting for an animal to come by my house or something. Or if it's in the last few minutes of a tourney and I want to see the results. :3

Back