• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How did you discover TBT?

Leela

no
Bells
White Lily
June Birthstone (Pearl)
I assume most people just stumbled across it, but I guess some people could have been recommended to the forums by already active users.

I was going to join Animal Crossing Community, but then I saw someone post there about how The Bell Tree was better. The post was quickly deleted. I checked this site out and much preferred it, so I joined!

I googled some of my main questions, and slowly started to get dragged to joining. I once had a question, and decided to join and ask it. That thread was my first post. I didn't even make an introduction thread. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mmm... Such a great time since my one year on TBT is coming up :)

I googled some of my main questions, and slowly started to get dragged to joining. I once had a question, and decided to join and ask it. That thread was my first post. I didn't even make an introduction thread. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Mmm... Such a great time since my one year on TBT is coming up :)

I didn't make an introduction thread either, I just started posting in Re-Tail straight away :)

Well,
I wanted a couple friends on My 3DS so I typed in google "Animal crossing new leaf FC"
This website I saw for FC'S I clicked on (I cant remember the websites name because it closed down)
Then They say That this website was better
So then I fell in love with this website

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didnt know how to post a form so I never knew how to introduce myself though I did a late one

I don't remember 100% but I think I searched up a question and the answer was on the forums.

Lol, after I finally bought a wireless router I was googling places to buy rare acnl items I wanted and this forum kept coming up. I hadn't been on a forum in forever so I kept not joining but I was having such a difficult time arranging trades on tumblr so I finally did (it was seeing a thread selling a striped wetsuit which finally convinced me, but I didn't even end up buying the wetsuit from that person haha).

I think I was actually listening to the Hourly Music video on the Bell Tree youtube channel right before or after I got ACNL and I think I saw that I could join the forums so I decided to. I had no rl friends that played so I thought it would be a good idea to make a few here and I have. Most of the people here are really nice and the reason I keep sticking around but i'm due for another hiatus (and a longer one at that).

And I think I introduced myself like a week after I joined when I realized you could introduce yourself lol

I blame Kabuki. After a year he never popped up in my town in New Leaf. I had been avoiding getting into forums but I was getting impatient waiting around for that darn cat. Decided to join the bell tree because I thought wifi ratings was a cool thing.

My first memory of tbt was not understanding what 'dreamie proof' was. Then there was a system of popular villagers that basically controlled how you got a villager. It was an interesting impression to say the least.

Then....There was that moment on skype when I finally realized that you could 'buy' collectibles and they weren't just pictures that you only obtained if you attended an event.

"You....mean....I can BUY a pokeball?!?! Wtf is tbt and how do I get it?!"

I'm pretty sure that's what dug my grave.

But since, I've met some really cool people and have stuck around based on them. I've learned a lot and shared a lot of fun times with the people here. Tbt is a nice community and all it's quirks make forum gaming that much more interesting.

Last edited:
I heard about all the terrible users being talked about on ACNL Confessions, and I decided to see if these people were actually like that. They were. I didn't actually start using this account until about four months later when the TBT users came over to ACC and started spamming and **** posting. I saw this thread and saw how people could basically post whatever they wanted here. I never returned to ACC after that.

It wasn't that long ago, so you'd think I would remember... I think I was looking into how to trade with other people, and since trading on Tumblr is messy and ACC is annoying with the damn inactivity timer, I ended up settling in here. I posted an intro thread waaay after I had already been poking around in discussions too, because initially I somehow failed to notice that there was an Intro board.

Uhhh google, basically. I was doing research on villagers moving away and wound up here.

I like being on a forum and the last one I was turned pretty horrible. The userbase was a disgrace and the admins were just awful (the type to permaban you if you prefer cats to dogs). The only reason I really put up with it as long as I did was because I was a member since like, '08 or something when it was actually okay.

I just decided "screw this site" one night and I pretty much just googled '*thing* forum' until I found something that looked decent. Animal Crossing was among the first few things I looked for because I had only just gotten the game not long before, so it was fresh in my mind.
I don't think TBT was first in the google search but I just liked the name and had a nosey around.

I'm actually surprised I've been here 5 months now. It feels like I've been here a lot less.

It wasn't that long ago, so you'd think I would remember...

I honestly thought you had been here way before I even joined. I obviously don't pay much attention to join dates -.- They're not even hidden, so I don't know how I've managed to overlook that for over a month.

Twitter. I was looking up twitterers (if that's a word) that have something to do with acnl, which I got for Christmas, and stumbled across the TBT Villager Trading account and when I clicked on one of the links I wound up here :)

I initially discovered TBT when one of my friends suggested it as an alternative to AXA Forums, the latter of which was down back in late 2009. As of now, TBT is by far the best way to enjoy Animal Crossing, simply because it was well-maintained and the community is satisfying.

My old forums I used to go on closed and I just googled animal crossing forums. TBT and AXA were the only quality ones, but just stayed on tbt cuz jer <333

My old forums I used to go on closed and I just googled animal crossing forums. TBT and AXA were the only quality ones, but just stayed on tbt cuz jer <333

TBT will always be the best!

Plus, post relaunch AXA was basically an MLP forum.

Back