• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon First TBT Pokémon Tournament!

Nobody but the only moves stronger than it are Frenzy Plant and Leaf Storm.
Why are we still typing in size 1.

I don't know shhh also gastrodon's defense is much worse than its sp defense. I have about 30 battle ready EV-trained pokemon so I have options when/if you come up.

Last edited:
I don't know shhh also gastrodon's defense is much worse than its sp defense. I have about 30 battle ready EV-trained pokemon so I have options when/if you come up.

I already said I'm not using him lol.
Also Serperior can't OHKO it either, with Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to switch our teams throughout the tournament?

Also, are you going to close sign-ups today?

Are we allowed to switch our teams throughout the tournament?

Also, are you going to close sign-ups today?

I might close them. You can have as many teams as you want, but you can't switch them in the middle of a round. So if you're up against someone with a lot of Electric and Fire types, you can't just go "brb bringing a bunch of ground types." Stick with your team even if it is a bad matchup.

Personally, I don't think we should be allowed to change our team once the tournament has started (especially since it'll take place over a couple of days).

I think that, when the tournament starts, we should have to send a PM which has our pokemon and their movesets, as well as which version of the game we're using (X/Y or ORAS).

I've never been in a pokemon tournament before, but I have been in TCG tournaments. Though the use of side decks can be used between matches, what we have in that side deck and our main deck can't be changed between matches (be it a Swiss-style point system tournament or a knockout tournament).

To me, being able to change a pokemon team mid-way through a tournament would be like switching to another deck mid-way through a TCG tournament. Changing a moveset between matches would be like swapping out cards from the side deck, but changing any members of the team has a sort of cheat-ish feel to it.

I already said I'm not using him lol.
Also Serperior can't OHKO it either, with Leaf Blade or Leaf Storm.[/SIZE]

I'm not sure much could OHKO it without prior boosts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Personally, I don't think we should be allowed to change our team once the tournament has started (especially since it'll take place over a couple of days).

I think that, when the tournament starts, we should have to send a PM which has our pokemon and their movesets, as well as which version of the game we're using (X/Y or ORAS).

I've never been in a pokemon tournament before, but I have been in TCG tournaments. Though the use of side decks can be used between matches, what we have in that side deck and our main deck can't be changed between matches (be it a Swiss-style point system tournament or a knockout tournament).

To me, being able to change a pokemon team mid-way through a tournament would be like switching to another deck mid-way through a TCG tournament. Changing a moveset between matches would be like swapping out cards from the side deck, but changing any members of the team has a sort of cheat-ish feel to it.

I don't think changing teams is much of a problem, though most people have set team formation of 6 pokemon anyway.

Well most people will have to have 2 teams because of an ORAS team and an XY team. But I'm allowing it since there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it

Okay, sign ups closed. Making the bracket now with the dummy player... Cheren! Because Black and White. If you're against him, you just instantly win that match, in winners and losers bracket.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Bracket created! The places keep shuffling, so I took a screenshot of one of them so I'll go by that one. Check it out here!
http://challonge.com/GastrodonDoesntDie

- - - Post Merge - - -

The matchups!
Cheren the Dummy vs myshirtdotcom (Free pass for you!)
Me vs ThePikaTube
Norski vs Timegear
Monkey D Luffy vs Dumbness
Silversea vs MrSora00
xxTomxx vs FuzzyBengal247
Autem vs mdchan
Zigzag991 vs Capella

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, I think it stopped shuffling...

6 gastrodons.

+1 approval to name of bracket hosting link. This tournament is sponsored by GastrodonDoesntDie.

I just noticed that Zigzag and Capella are against each other first in this tournament, yet are partners in the Smash tournament that was just made. I hope that friendships don't get ruined by this...

I just noticed that Zigzag and Capella are against each other first in this tournament, yet are partners in the Smash tournament that was just made. I hope that friendships don't get ruined by this...

no its fine he knows im goign to win >;;)

Just a reminder that you should have your team ready by the 2nd, and the first round should be done by the 4th.

Back