• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I absolutely HATE writing letters- how often do you do it?

At the beginning I did write letters everyday for my villagers to help build up friendship and it was nice to recieve the answer letter with a present attached^^ Later in the game now I don?t bother with it anymore and the keyboard is unpleasant to type too.

Outside of scolding villagers for doing things wrong and to obtain a Gold Letter Badge within 2 hours of gameplay, I pretty much never used it. Had the SpotPass function allowing us to send mails between my friends from far away towns, I would've used it a bit more than I usually would.

Outside of scolding villagers for doing things wrong and to obtain a Gold Letter Badge within 2 hours of gameplay, I pretty much never used it. Had the SpotPass function allowing us to send mails between my friends from far away towns, I would've used it a bit more than I usually would.

If your friends let you wonder around their town without them, you can still surprise them by dropping a letter to them. They'll end up getting it later. I did that a couple of times, and it was kind of fun. Like on a friend's birthday, I dropped her a gift with a surprise letter while I was in her town.

But I get what you mean. The BFF messaging is kind of nice though.

Urrrrrgh writing letters is boring and takes up time...not to mention that you have to type on the bottom screen keyboard >_>

I used to write them daily to my villagers because I really wanted their pics. So I sent them a letter each day with some perfect fruit attached. Also to get the badge XP

I don't ever write to villagers after that but I'll probably spam letters to someone for the badge huehue

I very rarely do, I did when I first started and now... nope

I do it to send them stuff they put in retail that's bout it. Or if they're wearing an ugly ass shirt, then i'll try to get them to wear something else.

I only write letters when I feel like it... which isn't very often. I'm not a fan of writing them either, too lazy.

I don't ever send letters. Mainly because I don't know what to put on them...

I write ONE clever letter to each villager to begin with since that's the one they show off. Then I write enough letters to get my badges for it. Then I never write another letter... Too much tap tap tap with the stylus, such a time drain! Ugh. And I get tons of villager pics so it's honestly no loss. For instance Margie gave me her picture at least 6 times AND I DISNT EVEN LIKE HER. I just do my villagers a lot of favors and talk to them. Don't feel bad if you don't send your villagers post constantly. they may whine about loving the mail but it's not needed.

I do it often and send them presents/shirts but honestly I hate every second of it. It makes them happy and I like to see what they send back to me, though, so I deal. It's just... it takes so long to type out a message... it's kind of painful.

I sent a bunch of lame, boring letters: "Welcome to Mayberry. I'm so glad you decided to move here." :p I'm tired of seeing them. LOL

I did the same thing. I hardly ever write letters now, I get so tired or writng them. All these posts have inspired me though to write more and get the gold badge.

Not much... I also find sending letters quite boring. Maybe once a week I'll write a bunch of letters depending on what else there is to do and what time I have.

before i used to write everyday but now Mondays are my letter days and Fridays are the letter/present day much easier for me.

before i used to write everyday but now Mondays are my letter days and Fridays are the letter/present day much easier for me.

Actually that's a good idea, having a certain day to send them. Maybe that way I would get in a habit of sending them.

I only really write letters to villagers when I want them to have a specific piece of furniture in their home or when I want them to change into a specific shirt - I don't have the patience to write to villagers every now & then unless I'm doing something in particular.

I used to be into sending villagers letters every now & then, but not now, really. (^-^)A

Last edited:
I'm more enthusiastic about writing letters when I get my favorite stationery.

I don't usually write letters. In the first letters, I try to be all nice sounding so that if they show other people then it wouldn't look stupid. I wrote some yesterday because I recently made a new character for my town. I made him say "hey Benjamin, hope we can hang out sometime. Let's take naps and eat picnics in the sun. We can run around town too. Let's be best friends!" Stuff like that basically to all the villagers matching their design or personality.

These letter are usually if the villager is new though so I don't write them often. This was the first time in a long while that I've written so many letters, I probably will not be doing badge completions for my second character so it's a much needed relief to not care about doing that ever again.

The other ones I only send because I wanted the badge. I sent 10 everyday until I got the badge and those letters mainly said
"hey friend,
Hey friend,
Hey friend,
Hey friend."
They really liked those for some reason too and sometimes give me presents even when I don't put anything in the letters.

The other ones I only send because I wanted the badge. I sent 10 everyday until I got the badge and those letters mainly said
"hey friend,
Hey friend,
Hey friend,
Hey friend."
They really liked those for some reason too and sometimes give me presents even when I don't put anything in the letters.

When I first started playing, I read somewhere to always include the word "friend" in your letters, as they like that and it increases friendship. I did it, but IDK if it worked or not. I already talked to them a lot and did errands, so maybe my friendship was advanced because of those things. But since you say yours like it too, maybe there's something to that theory.

Back