• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I absolutely HATE writing letters- how often do you do it?

I don't think you need to do it often, if at all, really.

When I first started playing, I would get a little bit stressed about writing to everyone too...because I heard it helps you build friendship. Also at the beginning, they send you letters back, with items attached, and it's good for building up your catalog. But it's usually junk.

I would, however, talk to them all at least once every day...if not multiple times. They build friendship with you faster if you talk to them, and also they let you know important stuff, like who's thinking about leaving...unless you want to be surprised on a day by logging in and seeing your favorite is in boxes. :'c

I definitely talk to everyone daily! I just was dreading letters. Nice to know it's not so important.

Oh yeah, and if you want the badge, I guess that is a good reason. But then you can literally write just Hi. And mail it. Or "I like you." Because apparently grammar matters, so at least that's a complete sentence. But you don't need to give a speech.

I don't mean grammar matters for the badge, I mean it matters in how they respond. If you mail them gibberish, they might not send you anything, whereas if you use correct grammar, they might mail you a gift.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I got like 4 hours of sleep last night.

Oh yeah, and if you want the badge, I guess that is a good reason. But then you can literally write just Hi. And mail it. Or "I like you." Because apparently grammar matters, so at least that's a complete sentence. But you don't need to give a speech.

I don't mean grammar matters for the badge, I mean it matters in how they respond. If you mail them gibberish, they might not send you anything, whereas if you use correct grammar, they might mail you a gift.

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I got like 4 hours of sleep last night.
Totally made sense. I might keep mailing them til I get some Cherries or Peaches then stop. Gotta have dem foreign fruits!

I don't think they notice gibberish, one of my former villagers kept showing me one I sent him and he was so very proud of it. Mint did notice when the letter was too short and wrote back something along the lines of "You might as well not have written anything", I don't remember anything other though and as for the badge I don't think content counts at all. All the game knows is that you sent one to someone.

Well, it would probably be a lot less painful to just trade online for those, tbh.

But they do send you some cute letters back sometimes. They'll do it even if you don't send them anything, but still...I saved all my favorite letters from my villagers, and they make me laugh sometimes to look back on them.

Also, IDK if you know this, but they keep your first letter you ever write to them. And occasionally they will show it to you. So when you first send a letter to a new villager, make sure it's something you'd want to see over and over again.

I guess I have a lot of thoughts on the topic of letters! lol But basically, you're not alone in not liking them...it's too annoying a process.

Also, IDK if you know this, but they keep your first letter you ever write to them. And occasionally they will show it to you. So when you first send a letter to a new villager, make sure it's something you'd want to see over and over again.

I sent a bunch of lame, boring letters: "Welcome to Mayberry. I'm so glad you decided to move here." :p I'm tired of seeing them. LOL

I actually quite enjoy writing letters.
I think it's super cute, and it's fun opening presents. <3

I don't mind sending letters to Twiggy & Frank bc they are so weird. It's easy to make fun of Twiggy and her clone paranoia. I usually write her saying I'm a clone trying to trick her etc. Frank is just.... weird, lol.

I sent a bunch of lame, boring letters: "Welcome to Mayberry. I'm so glad you decided to move here." :p I'm tired of seeing them. LOL

Yup, I learned my lesson after the first one I ever sent, and it was to my favorite villager. I feel so dumb now, but for some reason I didn't figure out that I could space the words to fit each line...and I didn't think it really mattered.

lol, it's funny now but seriously I didn't think she'd keep showing it to me for the REST OF MY LIFE!

20140614_131448 2.jpg

Usually one letter every other day with fruit attached. Sometimes more than that if I have the time. I tend to write most of my letters to whichever villager I'm trying to get pwp suggestions from, or a favorite villager.

I normally only really send letters when I want one of my villagers to put something in their house, hahaha :'D
I've been sending a ton of modern furniture to Rodeo lately. He keeps trying to sell my gifts to Re-Tail though OTL

Typing using the touch screen isn't ideal though, it takes too long for letter writing to be a regular occurrence.

I send letters mostly when I need PWPs or am trying to make someone change their shirt/put something in their house. Other than that, I don't really bother.

Hardly ever. I've gotten the first badge for letter sending so I'll likely send out a bunch more to get the other badges. I sometimes send letters on the villagers birthday with an extra present.

Yup, I learned my lesson after the first one I ever sent, and it was to my favorite villager. I feel so dumb now, but for some reason I didn't figure out that I could space the words to fit each line...and I didn't think it really mattered.

lol, it's funny now but seriously I didn't think she'd keep showing it to me for the REST OF MY LIFE!

View attachment 86550
Lol the first few I sent I didn't space them out on the lines either XD
So far none of my first letters have come back to haunt me.

When I first got the game I used to write to them a day
Now I'm not bothered
Ain't no body got time for that
OH LAWD JESUS IT'S A FIRE

Wow, I didn't think letter-writing would be disliked so much. I know people need their cheevos, but what's the point of having a badge if you can't feel proud of what you've achieved?

I got the Postmaster badge after barely a month, and I'm still writing letters every day. I write at least three a day, and most days I write to every one of my villagers. I wrote just as much in Wild World, so I suppose that's why I don't find typing difficult. I do wish villagers kept more letters like in Wild World, and had more varied replies which focus more on their day instead of how long/inspiring/emotional/etc. my letter was, but I have fun writing and that's why I'm still doing it.

I rarely write letters, and the only time I've ever done it, was to get the badge, change a villager's clothes, or give them a furniture to put in their house so it looks nice.

When I first got my game and was really excited about it, I wrote my villagers letters every day - I didn't even know about the badges until I got my bronze letter writing one, aha! I got my gold badge for letter writing, then as the novelty of having a new town/game wore off, I started writing to them less and less, and now I only occasionally send a few letters if I actually feel in the mood to write letters.

I am so lazy and grumpy when it comes to letter writing! I occasionally send letters to my absolute favorite villagers to build up our friendship, but for the most part I only send letters with clothing and furniture I'm trying to coerce a villager into wearing. Not exactly the most democratic way to communicate, but. No one but Isabelle thinks this is a democracy so. :'D

Back