• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I absolutely HATE writing letters- how often do you do it?

I haven't written a letter in a really long time. It's something I'd like to do more often though.

I like writing letters to my villagers every now and then, but it's not something I like to do every day in game.

I did every day for a month with just three words to all ten villagers xD but I got bored fast of that and its too tedious.

I do it twice a day just to get my badge, ugh do you know how many typos I sent.

I write letters to my villagers at least once a week usually... although I did start playing SWTOR sooooo

I don't usually write letters. I only do it to send stuff to re-decorate their home. The last time I wrote a letter was last month, I think..

I do believe the game has some notion of what you send, but whether it's amount or grammar I don't know
I know this because I initially tried for my golden letter badge ages ago, and did so by keeping a tally on a bit of paper until I'd painstakingly sent out all 200 at once, only to receive the first badge but never the second or third.

From this, I assume that
1. only a certain number sent per day can count towards the badge
OR
2. the grammar must be correct
OR
3. must have at least 3 lines worth of content regardless of content

I've started a new tally and sent out nearly all of the next 150 I'll supposedly need to get the badge this time, and since last time I did very short with correct grammar, I'm doing 3 full lines M as someone in a post once suggested.

I'll be pretty pissed off if I end up having sent nearly 400 letters altogether and still not get the golden badge...

(and yes this is to only my own villagers not my future self or anything else)

Last edited:
Letters are a hassle, but I do it to send presents often. I had a wireless keyboard and, so, for City Folk I would just type them a letter. It was great. I wish I could just use an actual keyboard rather than henpecking out a message for New Leaf.

Whenever I feel like working on that badge, I usually just send them all the same letter every day. "Let's play hide and seek, because that's literally the only fun thing to do with you guys!!"

I stopped writing them as soon as I got the gold badge. I think towards the end I mostly just bought a pack for each mail time and sent them off to the villagers I hated to get them to move out earlier, as well as to new villagers to build up my friendship with them.

i dont like writing letters to non-permanent/dream villagers. but when i do have some/a lot/all my dream villagers, ill be sure to send them letters to let em know i love em. doki doki

The only time I write letters is when I'm trying to change their clothes. Usually sending them 5 of the same shirt does the trick, ha, ha.

I dislike writing letters, I usually only write 3-4 words and put a lot of heart symbols and music notes because I read somewhere that villagers enjoy those symbols in letters. I pretty much only write to attach shirts or furniture.

Back