Red Candy
Chocolate Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Togepi Easter Egg
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Red Feather
Blue Feather
In between "new save files' and watching a villager walk right past the spot you want your new villager to plot in, and THE PLOT IS EXACTLY where you want it!! Start your new save file up, and it's somewhere terrible.

Good times. :mad:

When you stop paying attention while plot resetting and load your mayor. >~<

Oh my gosh this happens to me all the time :(
I'm actually currently plot resetting and it's been 5 hours. I hope that in the next Animal Crossing game they add the ability to choose where villagers live ugh.

OMG this is exactly why I have to start cycling now...Loading the wrong save while looking for an ideal location for Kid Cat's and Tiffany's house T.T

I'm actually currently plot resetting and it's been 5 hours. I hope that in the next Animal Crossing game they add the ability to choose where villagers live ugh.

5 HOURS?! OMG, I've been at it for 2 and a half, and I want to KILL someone. I think I'm gonna beat Muffy over the head with a shovel when she finally does move in. :mad:

5 hours?! It normally takes me no time at all to get a villager to move into a good spot!

If i plot reset more than 10 times i get impatient so props to anyone who can get their villager houses all lined up so nicely lol

5 HOURS?! OMG, I've been at it for 2 and a half, and I want to KILL someone. I think I'm gonna beat Muffy over the head with a shovel when she finally does move in. :mad:

It's taken me hours to cycle people out and it's pretty much rendered me a homicidal maniac. I needed tea to calm me down, lol, it's so stressful having to do the same thing over and over and over again just hoping for the right result... but plot resetting definitely takes the cake, I think, for inducing murderous intent :p

I have to admire the patience you guys have to plot reset. I think I might go crazy if I attempted something like that myself! Do you watch TV or a movie or something as you do it?

I have to admire the patience you guys have to plot reset. I think I might go crazy if I attempted something like that myself! Do you watch TV or a movie or something as you do it?

Yup, I usually do something else while continuously pressing A on my 3DS.

Yup, I usually do something else while continuously pressing A on my 3DS.

^^ Yep that's basically it. I hate doing it though. I'll start with a specific spot in mind, but then I usually just get irritated and when the villager plots in a somewhat decent spot I just go with it.

My worst plot resetting experience was for Ankha >_< I wanted her house right next to Lucky's, and she just wouldn't plot there! Usually I have a few different places I'm ok with a villager moving into, but Ankha and Lucky need to be together ^_^ I'm anticipating a painful experience for Rosie once I get her as well, because she needs to line up with a row of houses....

In between "new save files' and watching a villager walk right past the spot you want your new villager to plot in, and THE PLOT IS EXACTLY where you want it!! Start your new save file up, and it's somewhere terrible.

Good times. :mad:

To made sure I'm following you: This is the screen you're seeing, with at least one villager moving around town, and noticing the plot appears located where you want it (even though it isn't official or the apparent location when you start with a new character to begin the plot-resetting process) prior to starting up the game of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf."

I have mentioned, on The Bell Tree Forums, that the No. 1 component most badly needed for this game is zoning control. With the exception of ACNLpics, which is my museum town for housing villager pictures, I deliberately setting up my other towns to not have four humans active (so that I can use a new human to plot-reset an incoming villager). If we had zoning control, this wouldn't be necessary; the choice of plot locations could be determined ahead of time. (It would be agreed to by a town's mayor and Isabelle, who has to do some guiding to make sure proposed locations are manageable.) I would make this part of a town's ordinance.

Today I finally set Francine's plot down on an "okay" spot after plot resetting for 2 days. I was finally fed up with it and didn't want to deal with it anymore. -___-

I don't know how people can plot reset for a week or more @___@..

I hope that in the next Animal Crossing game they add the ability to choose where villagers live ugh.
Or at least put it back to the signposts so I know where it's "safe" to put things!

Last edited:
When you stop paying attention while plot resetting and load your mayor. >~<
This, but I reset when I see Isabelle.

Also when you rage when the plotted house is at a spot about almost all the time when you plot reset and where you don't want it at.

Back