Ancient Lantern
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Hey,

So, National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) was in November, but this April is Camp NaNoWriMo where you can set you're own word goal (the one in November is 50,000 words in 30 days, so 1,667 words a day).

I am still aiming for a "Novel", the full 50K this April.
After seeing Kingsman I kind of want to write my own Gentleman Spy fiction.... XD

I have participated in NaNoWriMo 2 years running and won both times.

Anyone participating this April?

More details here: http://campnanowrimo.org

Wish me, and all the other writers out there, luck! :D

onuuAHf.jpg

Last edited:
I gave up on my November NaNoWriMo... I've been having so much trouble writing lately, it's horrible. I don't know what I'd do if I did it, but I'm still considering signing up again this April! Good luck to anyone who knows they're participating already! :)

I gave up on my November NaNoWriMo... I've been having so much trouble writing lately, it's horrible. I don't know what I'd do if I did it, but I'm still considering signing up again this April! Good luck to anyone who knows they're participating already! :)

Aww, I am sorry to hear that. Don't give up! Give April a shot! Even if its 10,000 words, its something! :D

Last year's camp was a total flop for me. I aimed or 25,000, made it trough Day 2 then gave up.... XD
I ended up starting from scratch the same novel last November and hit 50,000 words, so anything is possible!

They have some REALLY wicked merch this year.... OMG.... I am gonna be so broke XD

I never knew about this but it sounds really great! I used to write a lot when I was *cough cough* a LOT younger...and it's something that I thoroughly enjoyed doing. I often think about trying to write again but I'm afraid of what will come out since the only vocab I've retained is work-related...;w; good luck to anyone participating!

This sounds fun! I'm probably going to give myself a head start and get going around spring break, haha. I already have a ton of ideas for shorter stories (10-15,000 words maybe)

This sounds fun! I'm probably going to give myself a head start and get going around spring break, haha. I already have a ton of ideas for shorter stories (10-15,000 words maybe)

Go for it! That's the great thing about Camp is you can set your own goal (Though.... it IS the honour system that you START April 1st and not get a head start....XD)

I knew about Nano in November, but I didn't know there was one in April too. I always end up procrastinating or getting too involved in the planning stage and not finishing before the deadline.

Well, good luck!:)

I keep forgetting that they moved a month of the event to April, I would've missed it again otherwise! Thanks for mentioning! I already wanted to work on something new soon so here is a good reason to stop putting it off.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo nine times, but my Camp attendance is more sporadic. I've participated June 2011, April & July 2013, and July 2014.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting that they moved a month of the event to April, I would've missed it again otherwise! Thanks for mentioning! I already wanted to work on something new soon so here is a good reason to stop putting it off.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo nine times, but my Camp attendance is more sporadic. I've participated June 2011, April & July 2013, and July 2014.

and u drink more tea than is healthy!!

[size=-52342]unless that is a lie too!![/size]

and u drink more tea than is healthy!!

[size=-52342]unless that is a lie too!![/size]

Hey.... HEY..... I have a greater-than-normal appreciation for tea than the average person to the point of over-indulgence (particularly around NaNo time!) So.... don't hate! XD

Go for it! That's the great thing about Camp is you can set your own goal (Though.... it IS the honour system that you START April 1st and not get a head start....XD)

I'm gonna need the head start, haha. When I get an idea I need to start right away or the inspiration just kinda... leaves. Hopefully I'll get lucky and be inspired in early April

I'm gonna need the head start, haha. When I get an idea I need to start right away or the inspiration just kinda... leaves. Hopefully I'll get lucky and be inspired in early April

I totally get that. :p
Thats why I make notes, Haha..... SOOOOO MANY NOTES!!!!! Like blueprints. Then I just have to piece it together when NaNo comes and do the actual writing part. The idea is already there. The story is already "written" (figuratively, in my head) I just have to type it up! My notes are my guide so I remember what comes next. XD

I have my November NaNo story idea compiled too.... sort of.... its not QUITE there yet.... but I have A LOT of time to figure it out!

NaNo friggin saves my life every year. I get so depressed in November and March.... When NaNo comes it gives me something to do... something to look forward to.... a goal.... and achieving it is the most amazing feeling in the world.... *tear* *sniff*

I totally get that. :p
Thats why I make notes, Haha..... SOOOOO MANY NOTES!!!!! Like blueprints. Then I just have to piece it together when NaNo comes and do the actual writing part. The idea is already there. The story is already "written" (figuratively, in my head) I just have to type it up! My notes are my guide so I remember what comes next. XD

I have my November NaNo story idea compiled too.... sort of.... its not QUITE there yet.... but I have A LOT of time to figure it out!

NaNo friggin saves my life every year. I get so depressed in November and March.... When NaNo comes it gives me something to do... something to look forward to.... a goal.... and achieving it is the most amazing feeling in the world.... *tear* *sniff*

Yeah, if I actually do NaNo I know I'll feel really good. Something to do, a goal to achieve... just thinking about it is nice!

I would live to participate in this! Except my laptop battery is now completely dead and I don't know when I'll be getting a new battery. :(

I didn't even know Camp NaNoWriMo was a thing, to be honest. I intended on participating in NaNoWriMo last November but I had a lot going on so I didn't want to put myself under additional pressure. I have a couple of ideas for novels that I never get around to writing, so maybe I'll participate in the event this April. I'm not sure what my target amount of words will be though.

Oh my goodness, I've been wondering what Camp NaNo was all about and just never got around to googling it. Thank you for posting, Kilo ♥♥♥

I think I might have to get in on this! I dunno what kind of word count I'd set for myself, or whether I'll devote this time to my main project or just do a load of stress-free drabbles and one-offs (my main problem is that I tend to edit as I write, which means I get basically nothing done whenever I'm trying to work on my main thing... it's a terrible habit and I totally need to break it, but I could also use this month to try and do that! such possibilities~)

Definitely a lot of thinking to be done. Subbing to this thread - count me in!

Oh my goodness, I've been wondering what Camp NaNo was all about and just never got around to googling it. Thank you for posting, Kilo ♥♥♥

I think I might have to get in on this! I dunno what kind of word count I'd set for myself, or whether I'll devote this time to my main project or just do a load of stress-free drabbles and one-offs (my main problem is that I tend to edit as I write, which means I get basically nothing done whenever I'm trying to work on my main thing... it's a terrible habit and I totally need to break it, but I could also use this month to try and do that! such possibilities~)

Definitely a lot of thinking to be done. Subbing to this thread - count me in!

Hey! Infnikitten! <3 Good to see ya! I am SO glad I could encourage you to join in and write this year!

That's definately a huge obstaclee with writers - you just gotta get 'em words out! In actual Nano, that's what December and January is for - editing. November is all about just word vomitng those 50K onto the page. XD I am here to support you!

Yayyyyy! Trust me, its SO rewarding.... I am in a private cabin with friends of mind who did NaNo from my local city last November, otherwise I would TOTALLY bunk with you!!!! :D

You guys should start a Bell Tree private cabin XD

I signed up yesterday so that I could get into a private cabin with my best friend, but I'm not sure if I'll actually participate.
I usually stick to the July session because it's during the holidays -- April is right in the middle of semester and November is exam period. I only set a small goal though, so hopefully I'll be able to find the time to squeeze in some personal writing in between all my coursework! Even if I don't end up winning, every word is a little victory for me! :blush:

I signed up yesterday so that I could get into a private cabin with my best friend, but I'm not sure if I'll actually participate.
I usually stick to the July session because it's during the holidays -- April is right in the middle of semester and November is exam period. I only set a small goal though, so hopefully I'll be able to find the time to squeeze in some personal writing in between all my coursework! Even if I don't end up winning, every word is a little victory for me! :blush:

That's a GREAT attitude to have. :) I will try to adopt the same outlook!

Back