What are the best GBA games to have/which are your favorites?

Yoshisaur

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I resurrected my DS Lite today... now I wanna play all the GBA games!
What did you enjoy on the GBA? I might get some new ones!

My favourites were Pokemon (I have Pokemon Emerald which was my first Nintendo game ever and later Pokemon FireRed). I also enjoyed Catz, Dogz 2, and Paws and Claws Pet resort. I had 2 others but sold them recently as I never really liked them lol. I still own all the ones I listed above though! ^.^

Of all the GBA games I owned, here are my favorites!

Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 : This platforming game pretty much defined a big part of my childhood. Even if I already beat the original SNES version, this game is so great I got the GBA version on three different platforms! Nostalgia aside, the game is still objectively great. Level design for the most part is creative, newcomer-friendly and can be also challenging if you want it. The visuals are also pleasant to look at, no matter on which system you play.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : A competent puzzle-platformer that will test your brawn and your brain. Trust me, it can get quite challenging, especially in the later levels!

Drill Dozer : A unique underrated platformer from the creators of Pok?mon that relies on the drill mechanics, with the press of L and R button. Even though the game's pretty easy with the abundance of health, the levels are still a joy to play due on how well-designed they are. Shame there isn't any sequel for that game.

The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap : It's another Zelda game you all know and love, albeit a little lesser known than some. In this iteration, size matters as you use your Minish Cap to shrink yourself and go in the places where you normally can't. It's ones of the great games that I can't ignore whenever I think of GBA games.

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man Zero 1-4
Mega Man Battle Network 1-6
Metroid ZERO Mission
Metroid Fusion
Sword of Mana
Demikids
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Pokemon R/S/E
Pokemon LG/FR
Yi-Gi-Oh: Eternal Duelist's Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh GX: Duel Academy
Tales of Phantasia
Zelda: Minish Cap
Zoids Legacy
Final Fantasy - Dawn of Souls/IV/V/VI/Tactics Advance
Advance Wars 1 + 2
Breath of Fire 1 + 2
Warioland 4
Super Robot Taisen
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Shining Soul 1 + 2
Shining Force
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 1 + 2
Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku - 1/2/Buu's Fury
Monster Rancher Advance
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Gunstar Super Heroes
Sigma Star Saga
Rebelstar: Tactical Command
Yggdra Union
Riviera: The Promised Land
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
Lunar Legend

Last edited:
GBA had to be one of my favourite eras of gaming, with classics such as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (arguably the best Kirby game of all time, next to Super Star), Sonic Battle (a surprisingly good Sonic spinoff!) and Drill Dozer (a unique little platformer made by the same guys who made Pok?mon)

Although I'll always have a soft spot for Konami Krazy Racers -- while it IS a Mario Kart clone.. it's a really good Mario Kart clone. And you to race the ship from Gradius as Castlevania's Dracula, so there's that ;D

( I recall Beyblades: G Revolution being pretty good, too - although I'm not sure if that's nostalgia talking there. )

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (female ver. of FoMT) were the games I have the fondest memories of playing on the GBA.

I was a huge Spyro fan as a kid, so Spyro: Season of Ice, Spyro: Season of Flame, Spyro Adventure*, Spyro Fusion*, and Crash Bandicoot Fusion* were all considered among my favourite games.

Two other games I really enjoyed were recently remade: Pok?mon Sapphire and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

* NA title: Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs
* NA title: Spyro Orange: The Cortex Theory and Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage.

Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire
Mario Kart: Super Circuit

Mm Fire Emblem 7 <3

Also, Harvest Moon games, Pokemon games.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town (female ver. of FoMT) were the games I have the fondest memories of playing on the GBA.

Yes.
I'll add Pokemon Emerald, Mario Party Advance, Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen, Yoshi's Island (Super Mario Advance 3), and Mother 3.

GBA was my childhood. It was the first gaming system (other than PC) that I was introduced to.

Some of my favorites:

Banjo & Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
All Pokemon games
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Mario Pinball Land
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land
Mario Kart Super Circuit (First game I got)

These games made up so much of my childhood it's not even funny.
What's even better is I still have all my GBA games AND my GBA.

...with classics such as Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (arguably the best Kirby game of all time, next to Super Star)...

This. So much this. Amazing Mirror was my absolute favorite game in the world. After I played it I was completely OBSESSED with Kirby. Anyone who knew me back in 3rd-4th grade and especially the one summer camp I went to would say all I ever talked about was Kirby.
Sadly I lost the cartridge a long time ago and was dying to play it for a really long time but then they released it in the E-Shop. I bought it the day it went in the store. Now I play it all the time on Wii U.

Last edited:
Main games I played the most on the GBA were Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Leaf Green, Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Yu-Gi-Oh: The Eternal Duelist Soul, Yoshi's Topsy Turvy, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.

Check em out!

As everyone said Pokemon (I had Ruby and Leaf Green), the Golden Sun games, LoZ Link to the past/four swords, Final Fantasy Tactics, Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral town.

Last edited:
Oooo my faves were Spyro: Attack of the Rhinos, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, The Sims Bustin' Out, The Sims 2

I liked Sapphire... of all the Pok?mon games on the gba, its the only game I have a clear memory of... and right before the release of ORAS, I played Sapphire on the gba again, and wOw it brings back so many memories

Theres a Zelda game I have... don't remember which one (Its lying around somewhere though) but its pretty awesome to play

Last edited:
Back