• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Pet Peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadsworthy

Tangsworthy
Bells
Switch
1777-6372-7112
Yellow Balloon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Red Balloon
Dreamy Party Popper
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Golden Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
New Year's Party Popper
So I'm pretty lenient and patient with everything and everyone on the forums, but the one thing I can not stand is when people knowingly ignore my PMs... especially when they started them with me. Like I just visited your profile and I know you are still doing stuff, and I can't imagine anyone is so absent-minded to not notice the 1 notification at the top of your screen... #ICantEven

Have you had any experiences like this? what are your TBT Pet peeves?

Last edited:
tan4guh.jpg

You can use this to see when they read it if you really want to know if they are ignoring you.

I don't really have any pet peeves about the site. Just make sure this thread stays civil.

tan4guh.jpg

You can use this to see when they read it if you really want to know if they are ignoring you.

I don't really have any pet peeves about the site. Just make sure this thread stays civil.
the recipient can choose to decline that, right...?

Last edited by a moderator:
tan4guh.jpg

ahhh that will help me a lot later! thank you! and no worries, I started this just because its the first instance of being frustrated I've had here in the months I've been here and I'm curious to see what happened to others despite the usual like scammer stories...

My pet peeve: when some people take offense of different opinions and try to start a flame war, pull insult cards, or make them feel bad for having different opinions.

My pet peeve: when some people take offense of different opinions and try to start a flame war, pull insult cards, or make them feel bad for having different opinions.

too true, I hate when those petty arguments about dumb things clog up the trading plaza, re-tail, etc. too... especial when I'm trying to follow other real threads lol

too true, I hate when those petty arguments about dumb things clog up the trading plaza, re-tail, etc. too... especial when I'm trying to follow other real threads lol

The political argument threads are the worst. On a site where most of the members are liberal (when the focus of the site isn't politics), it's okay to have a conservative opinion, but when you start attacking others for having conservative or liberal opinions, that's when you get trouble. The only reason why conservative opinions spark controversy here is because there are polarized liberals here, not that the conservative opinions are bad.

One thing that bothers me is when specific users will have a disagreement within a thread and when that thread closes, goes onto other threads and brings unnecessary attention to it. Usually it's nothing major, just passive-aggressive nonsense that could be solve with a quick walk to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Let's be clear here, everyone, the pet peeves you may have with the Bell Tree can happen anywhere on the internet and unsurprisingly, it does. A few people that annoy you on one site doesn't make the whole site a bad place so please keep that in mind.

Remember that you can use your ignore feature if you find someone too annoying to deal with and/or report posts/PMs/VMs that go against the rules. You are also more than welcome to talk to any of the staff about your troubles with members that may not be breaking rules but making you feel upset. We're here to help find a solution so that everyone has a good time on the Bell Tree :)

When ppl suck up to staff members just because they're staff. Like no u just look like an idiot

Let's be clear here, everyone, the pet peeves you may have with the Bell Tree can happen anywhere on the internet and unsurprisingly, it does. A few people that annoy you on one site doesn't make the whole site a bad place so please keep that in mind.

Remember that you can use your ignore feature if you find someone too annoying to deal with and/or report posts/PMs/VMs that go against the rules. You are also more than welcome to talk to any of the staff about your troubles with members that may not be breaking rules but making you feel upset. We're here to help find a solution so that everyone has a good time on the Bell Tree :)

very true, and I didn't mean that starting this thread to put TBT down, because I think its amazing! ... a video game can have one bad level, but still be one of my favorite games! but some things are brought upon it because it is so established and well developed (if that makes sense) and won't happen on other websites

plus I started this because I was angry at a person (not the website) and I wouldn't take that out on the website or you guys, and hopefully people looking at this won't take it as flaws in the website... but I had no where to go to commiserate with others and so I started this to cool off

I agree, it is pretty annoying when people do that, it's also annoying when someone replies to you, and you reply back with-in 5 minutes and then they go offline without saying anything

Last edited:
I agree, it is pretty annoying when people do that, it's also annoying when someone replies to you, and you reply back with-in 5 minutes and then they go offline without saying anything

i mean at least with that I can reason that they had something come up and had to leave, but when I know they ignore me, they are just being a jerk

I hate when you post rules for trades and then they go ignored or people go offline in the middle of a trade and then pop up angry because YOU weren't online when THEY wanted you to be later on. Like, hello? Because life.

This is related to trading:

Situation #1 or the likes
Person 1: Opening gates~
(person 1 opens his/her gates in 1 min)
Person 2: Ok coming~!
Person 1: Waits....
Person 1: Waits.... it's been 10 min
Person 1: Waits.... 30 min later... runs out of patience and goes to close the gates
(30-60min later)
Person 2: Door wasn't open
Person 1:.... (sighs...)
Advice? Don't be a person 2

Situation #2 or the likes
Person 2: Opening gates~
Person 1: Goes to train and waits for gates to appear
Person 1: 1 min later... (meh, I guess it'll open soon)
Person 1: 10 min later... (still does not see gates for the town)
Person 1: 30 min later... (yup, still nothing)
(30-60 min later)
Person 2: Gates open!
Advice? Don't be a person 2

IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE KEEP THE OTHER PERSON NOTIFIED

I can understand frustrations of waiting for people. I used to do many trades when I was new to animal crossing. I still do a few here and there. I just have to say that it is a game. Games should be able to be set aside. I myself have a lot that happens around my home. I have children, pets and a husband. My point really is that sometimes you can't quickly let the person know that you will be away from your computer. Real Life is not a game. I.E your dog decides to sneak off and explore around the new yard. Wanders out to the front next to a very busy highway. You cannot let the person know. You need to run and get your dog before they are hit by a car. I know that from personal experience :O Also you are on a site that has many different people with different time zones. People 3 hours behind you, 6 hours ahead or behind. Just try to give people a little bit of faith. If they don't follow through or leave you hanging then there are so many other helpful people on this site.

I can understand frustrations of waiting for people. I used to do many trades when I was new to animal crossing. I still do a few here and there. I just have to say that it is a game. Games should be able to be set aside. I myself have a lot that happens around my home. I have children, pets and a husband. My point really is that sometimes you can't quickly let the person know that you will be away from your computer. Real Life is not a game. I.E your dog decides to sneak off and explore around the new yard. Wanders out to the front next to a very busy highway. You cannot let the person know. You need to run and get your dog before they are hit by a car. I know that from personal experience :O Also you are on a site that has many different people with different time zones. People 3 hours behind you, 6 hours ahead or behind. Just try to give people a little bit of faith. If they don't follow through or leave you hanging then there are so many other helpful people on this site.

your last sentences are exactly right, I've had so many kind and great experiences on here that the isolated bad times look even worse, but like I've said, I was so frustrated with the latest one that I couldn't let it go and wanted to find peace of mind in the great people around the forums... and thankfully (whether through empathy or distraction) it has helped so thank you everyone who participated in this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back