• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Tantalus AAA Port for the Wii U!

Danielkang2

Collectibles are for Sale
Bells
Switch
4978-8503-2298
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Happy Home Designer Token
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Gold Super Mailbox
So Tantalus announced that they would port a triple a game to the wii u and they said it would be from a top notch publisher, will be the studio's biggest project yet and that it won't be M rated. What game do you think that is? I'm thinking it's Destiny but Final Fantasy or Dream Drop could be a possibility.

?I can?t say what the title is but it is very exciting and is for an absolute top-notch publisher. This game will be credited Tantalus ? it?s not an MA / 18 or ?hard core? game which ME-3 and DX:HR are.?

Last edited:
I honestly can't think of any AAA games that I imagine being ported to Wii U from other platforms.

I know that this same 'deal' also has a Wii U game being ported to other systems and most people seem to think it's probably going to be ZombiU given that it's one of the few third part exclusives that people 'cared about' that could also logically be ported (Bayonetta 2 for example probably won't get ported).

With ZombiU being pretty old, I'm thinking the game that Wii U gets might not necessarily be something recent...Which may yet again give the Wii U a bad rep when nobody buys it because we've already played whatever it is o_O

Destiny on WiiU LOL Talk about a sales disaster.

Also why is everyone saying ZombiU would be ported? It does oddly enough seem most likely, but wouldn't that be Ubisoft doing that not Tantalus? Same with Destiny, Activision not Tantalus? Yeah I know other companies can do ports but why suddenly switch companies to do it for only WiiU when both did their own worldwide releases for other platforms? Although Sony did Destiny for JP but this still is strange to me. It's been out so long too and I just can't imagine that such a linear zombie story would catch the Xbox & Playstation crowd, as ZombiU barely caught the WiiU people. The name would be changed too no doubt, can't imagine ZombiU for PS4/XB1. Plus we've got Dying Light now, everyone's gonna laugh in the face of ZombiU and will undoubtedly recommend the former over the latter.
But if it's what happens, I guess everyone should be use to this. WiiU loses it's exclusives to the other 2 and everyone ignores it *cough* like a handful of supposed awesome indie games only suited for wiiu and rayman, or WiiU people whine hard enough and get a port of a mature game that was terrible to start with and everyone ignores it. *cough* 95% of what ubisoft put out

Also why is everyone saying ZombiU would be ported? It does oddly enough seem most likely [...]
I think they mean ZombiU to another console. Tantalus is doing a port from another system to the Wii U, so if people are actually saying they're going to port ZombiU, they should first check which system it's on.

At this point we can guess a whole bunch but we won't come up with anything. If it's Destiny, then Activision should maybe be telling Bungie to actually make it a quality title before they port it.

Maybe GTAV? lolol

I think they mean ZombiU to another console. Tantalus is doing a port from another system to the Wii U, so if people are actually saying they're going to port ZombiU, they should first check which system it's on.

That's what I said about ZombiU, port it to the others, and then WiiU get's one back. Like a trade. Who asked for this 1 for 1 swap to happen? Lol I hope they set their sights low.

Last edited:
t's been out so long too and I just can't imagine that such a linear zombie story would catch the Xbox & Playstation crowd, as ZombiU barely caught the WiiU people. The name would be changed too no doubt, can't imagine ZombiU for PS4/XB1. Plus we've got Dying Light now for zombies,

The game is horrible anyway, it's a joke in comparison to Dying Light. They're uncomparable except for the zombie aspect. Of course people may want mroe than 1 zombie game but they wont want this. Most things are unlootable, only 1 path to take and if you get good you can play the entire thing in an hour or two. Even if you finish it by having a hard time it's replay value is zilch. It's even dated for the WiiU. It's very hollow and I think they could have done way better.

Maybe GTAV? lolol

Then no one would think I'm trolling when I mention that it was possible. :D

Well ZombiU was a scrapped PS3/360 Rayman Rabbids shooter game, then changed to an alien shooter game then they scrapped it and changed the theme again to Zombies and tossed on WiiU. It's a pretty well known fact, find it anywhere, search ZombiU Development. So they didn't know what the hell they were doing anyway.

Last edited:
Well ZombiU was a scrapped PS3/360 Rayman Rabbids shooter game, then changed to an alien shooter game then they scrapped it and changed the theme again to Zombies and tossed on WiiU.

More clarity into why that game is such a heap of garbage.

I just cant see any of these games coming to the WiiU and working out for sales or popularity. ZombiU may have become a cult classic at this point but it's fanbase is probably maximized basically. Destiny on WiiU is just ridiculous. Who would even buy it?! Who would ever even be online!? I bet they would separate the WiiU from the others like they always do.

If Destiny came to WiiU, people would expect them to bring the DLC to the WiiU too which isn't something that's been a strong point for Nintendo systems even of third party producers. Didn't they said Destiny will have DLC until 2016 or 17?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I honestly can't think of any AAA games that I imagine being ported to Wii U from other platforms.

They've got no foundations on the WiiU. No one's really asking for any of these games on the WiiU. If it's going to be anything, it'll probably be something more, reality based on fantasy art style. Something that looks more like Legend of Zelda or Rayman than Assassins Creed or Grand Theft Auto.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or they're just asking for a kick to the stomach.

If it's ZombiU then maybe Ubisoft is involved in a conspiracy to tear down the WiiU by porting their trash back and forth because they know people blame the consoles over the games when things go wrong.

Also why is everyone saying ZombiU would be ported? etc. etc.

We all know Ubisoft pretty much hate the Wii U and its users. Whenever they talk about games that would have done better, they usually mention ZombiU (rather than their complete lack of marketing for it).

For a start it's the only exclusive the Wii U has that doesn't really 'belong' so to speak when compared to anything else. We know what I mean when I say that.

It's also really the only exclusive on the Wii U that isn't bound to Nintendo through funding, heavy reliance on the gamepad or some sort of exclusive deal. This pretty much rules out Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and any of the Sonic games (though I would laugh if it turned out to be Sonic Boom)

The fact that Ubisoft published it isn't entirely relevant, Tantalus is just porting it. As for the name, just drop the U and call it 'Zombi'. In fact, keep the name, ZombiU could easily mean 'Ubisoft'. Maybe they could just change the name entirely and call it "Good 'ol British Zombie survival, chums!". The name is probably the easiest thing to work around.

I agree that I don't think it will necessarily do well on PS4 and Xbone though. The gamepad is pretty much what made ZombiU and we know that's gonna get worked out for a port pretty much instantly. Aside from that, it's just another 2/3 year old Zombie game, I can't imagine that selling well.
If it fails, Ubisoft won't see it as their fault. They'll either blame Tantalus for porting it (even if it's a good port) or find a way to blame the Wii U..."ZombiU didn't sell well on the PS4 because it was tainted by the Wii U!!! Wii U customers suck!!! Buy our DLC!!!"

It might not be ZombiU but it's the most likely...I'll be surprised if it's Lego City Undercover.

I also doubt that the Wii U is getting Destiny...It just seems pretty unlikely to me. Though to be fair, I can't think of anything that would be better suited to the Wii U either.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If it's ZombiU then maybe Ubisoft is involved in a conspiracy to tear down the WiiU by porting their trash back and forth because they know people blame the consoles over the games when things go wrong.

It really wouldn't surprise me...

I agree with all of that. Although the U in ZombiU does stand for WiiU. I only mention the name because a name change gives it different recognition, but of course chances are they'd do Zombi-something.

Oh god, I sorta forgot about Lego City Undercover & Sonic Boom. If it's Sonic that's slightly unfair that they'd redo the game for the other consoles and leave Nintendo with the toilet versions. Seems really unlikely but on the table I guess.

Lego City is kinda old now too but that would actually make more sense, the WiiU version suffices (except for those loading pages Ive heard/seen about), which is clearly where they'd pick up the slack on the other consoles so it could benefit from a redo. But it being published by Nintendo, would that hold it back from the others? Warner Bros has the say I guess. If not then that's a safer bet than what's been said so far imo.

Last edited:
I agree with all of that. Although the U in ZombiU does stand for WiiU. I only mention the name because a name change gives it different recognition, but of course chances are they'd do Zombi-something.

Oh god, I sorta forgot about Lego City Undercover & Sonic Boom. If it's Sonic that's slightly unfair that they'd redo the game for the other consoles and leave Nintendo with the toilet versions. Seems really unlikely but on the table I guess.

Lego City is kinda old now too but that would actually make more sense, the WiiU version suffices (except for those loading pages Ive heard/seen about), which is clearly where they'd pick up the slack on the other consoles so it could benefit from a redo. But it being published by Nintendo, would that hold it back from the others? Warner Bros has the say I guess. If not then that's a safer bet than what's been said so far imo.

Yea, the U stands for Wii U but they could still release it elsewhere and it make sense. That's more of a "happy coincidence" though I guess. I assume they would just drop the U and call it 'Zombi', or 'Zombi Remastered Edition' or something lame.

'Zombi Remastered: The Zombining'. <- If it's not that, they shouldn't bother.

As far as I'm aware with Sonic Boom, that was the last Sonic game with the Nintendo/Sonic deal so I can't see it being that (though I don't think Nintendo would mind letting go of that....gem....). Would be pretty sucky if it was and it got an overhaul to actually work on other consoles but I dunno, looking at Sonic games track record in general, I expect if it got an overhaul it would just end up being bad for a whole new set of reasons/problems. It would probably turn into a debate whether the Wii U or PS/Xbox/PC versions are the worst Sonic game ever xD

I'm not really sure on Lego City Undercover and what/whether Nintendo has any actual power over that game (I've never looked much into that game). If they're the publisher though, it probably would stop that though since having "published by 'Nintendo'" on an Xbox One game is pretty much what Nintendo would like to avoid.

It would probably do better than porting ZombiU overall though. I just imagine an older Lego game being ported being more well received than ZombiU, especially since it would appeal to kids as well. Lego games don't really age as much. Hell, visually they're not gonna get much better either, it's just Lego.
I don't think a fresh coat of paint will help 'Zombi Remastered: The Zombining' stand up with all the other Zombie games though...

Well I think on the Lego City game Nintendo may have just published it to the WiiU, I'm not sure that means it has to be excluded from other consoles. I just tossed that up cause it may be a reason. But Nintendo published Resident Evil to the GameCube and we all just saw how the HD remaster skipped the WiiU, and they doubled up by skipping the 3DS & WiiU for Revelations 2.

Out of what we've all said, literally the Lego game makes most sense even if Ninty published it, I'm not sure that seals the deal and I'm thinking it probably doesn't. It's just weird that it's a WiiU exclusive kinda.
The Lego games are a bounty on all systems, WiiU & 3DS included, and they don't just reach children either haha. I know plenty of "adults" lol, who've bought lego games recently. My ex bought Lego Hobbit, Batman and Undercover for his WiiU. I just never cared about these games. ZombiU is just so niche, even for WiiU owners. Ngl the demo scared me once, but no sale.
I'll buy it for the WiiU if they do port it to the other systems just so I can actually play it for real and say I have the original.

Ugh I totally thought the same name too for ZombiU remake, "Zombi: Remastered Edition"

What about that game with the yellow tiger or whatever on it? Isn't it an HD remake of a PS2 game? I have no idea what its named and its coming to WiiU and maybe XB and PS.

I hate the lego games please do not port that nobody will care just as much as no one will care about ZombiU. There must be something we're forgetting that's a WiiU exclusive that could do well on other systems. Does it have to be a physical boxed game?

Well I think on the Lego City game Nintendo may have just published it to the WiiU, I'm not sure that means it has to be excluded from other consoles. I just tossed that up cause it may be a reason. But Nintendo published Resident Evil to the GameCube and we all just saw how the HD remaster skipped the WiiU, and they doubled up by skipping the 3DS & WiiU for Revelations 2.

Out of what we've all said, literally the Lego game makes most sense even if Ninty published it, I'm not sure that seals the deal and I'm thinking it probably doesn't. It's just weird that it's a WiiU exclusive kinda.
The Lego games are a bounty on all systems, WiiU & 3DS included, and they don't just reach children either haha. I know plenty of "adults" lol, who've bought lego games recently. My ex bought Lego Hobbit, Batman and Undercover for his WiiU. I just never cared about these games. ZombiU is just so niche, even for WiiU owners. Ngl the demo scared me once, but no sale.
I'll buy it for the WiiU if they do port it to the other systems just so I can actually play it for real and say I have the original.

Ugh I totally thought the same name too for ZombiU remake, "Zombi: Remastered Edition"

Yea, I can see adults getting into Lego games just as much as kids, it's just that it obviously has that much more 'appeal' to kids than ZombiU likely would. I've only ever bought Lego Marvel Superheroes myself (good but a little letdown with it).

I think they're hoping that (assuming it's ZombiU) the hype around the Zombie fad will pull sales and make it less 'niche', which I doubt. Zombie games might not be 'niche' these days but even the unique ones get lost among the masses, let alone 'ZomiU'.

What about that game with the yellow tiger or whatever on it? Isn't it an HD remake of a PS2 game? I have no idea what its named and its coming to WiiU and maybe XB and PS.

I hate the lego games please do not port that nobody will care just as much as no one will care about ZombiU. There must be something we're forgetting that's a WiiU exclusive that could do well on other systems. Does it have to be a physical boxed game?

I assume you mean one of these?

I actually remember hearing about a Wii U remake of 'Legend of Kay' sometime last year. I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it actually. I've never played it and news about it kind of died out, so I forgot about it.
I thought it was going to be a Wii U/Nintendo exclusive though, I could be wrong. If it is, I don't think it would be the port. I'll have to find an article or something about it since I forgot it even existed.

The only other game I can think of with a tiger as the main character was some PS1 game with a kung-fu tiger. Can't remember the name but I doubt it's that anyway.

I can't find anything specifically saying it will be a 'physical box' game, though the same company also ported Deus Ex and Mass Effect 3 to the Wii U. Since they're saying it's their "biggest project yet" I would assume it's a game that got a physical release.

A comment I came across on one of the articles about this:
Please remember that there parent company made Funky Barn on Wii U, so I think an even safer bet will be Funky Barn. It would be faster and cheaper to port than ZombiU would be, and it seems like Ubisoft has abandoned all hope for the IP.
I guess that would be pretty funny.

Though with it being their "biggest project yet", maybe one of the Sonic exclusives (maybe Sonic Boom) will get ported in exchange for Alien Isolation? Just a thought since they're both pretty recent games with the same publisher.

I mean, I've not really heard anything of Sonic Boom after release other than what a botched release it was. The game might work fine now with patches for all I know. Maybe releasing it on PS4/Xbone would be Sega's way of getting fresh reviews on a fixed product, whilst the Wii U version still gets the same support?

I also imagine Alien Isolation would find a way to take advantage of the Wii U gamepad, similar to ZombiU. Especially so if this is a big project.

Last edited:
81ueI3o9khL.jpg

Legend of Kay is already confirmed for WiiU & PC. No idea on release date other than 2015.

If it's a AAA title it'll be a boxed title more likely than not. LOL I love how the WiiU library for third party things are so narrow and yet we can't decipher what it could be at all because of publishers and what not.

Legend of Kay is already confirmed for WiiU & PC. No idea on release date other than 2015.

If it's a AAA title it'll be a boxed title more likely than not. LOL I love how the WiiU library for third party things are so narrow and yet we can't decipher what it could be at all because of publishers and what not.

Ahhh, I was close enough then (even though I don't view Wii U + PC as a proper exclusive).

I think that if it's already confirmed on Wii U and PC though that this won't be the game ported from Wii U that Tantalus are talking about. Aside from the exclusivity period I assume Nintendo want for it (which would be screwed up if Tantalus announced they're porting it anyway), they would likely port this to PS4/Xbone from the PC version rather than the Wii U.

The latter reason alone is more than enough for me to think this isn't the game they're talking about. (I'm glad it's still happening though. I always wanted to play it 'back in the day')

And yea xD Even though I think I'm right with ZombiU, there's enough doubt with their 'ownership' of things that I can't be entirely sure of it.

I think with Nintendo being the publisher though (and I know they won't publish games on other platforms), maybe they could have sold/be selling the rights to Lego City Undercover entirely. I think that depends on how well the game sold etc. though and I don't really know that. If it's sales were enough that a sequel was out of the question, this could be a possibility.

I feel like someone would have uncovered the copyright and ownership changes by now if it was something Nintendo published themselves. Lego City is only in question because maybe Warner Bros are the ones who can do what they want with that game.

Back