• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in agreement with this, too. I don't drink, period. And I can't imagine being put into a state where my actions, behaviors, and words are no longer entirely under my control. That's a pretty terrifying concept.

sorry but I genuinely thought was the only person that felt like this omg ❤

I would say, he gotta proove you now that he REALLY mean that he is sorry and he is loving you. And how do we know he was really drunk? drunk is sush an excuse sometimes to make someone cheat. I heard when someone is drunk, it shows who you really are. And you were smart enough to get out of the situation. Did he? sceptical. And how he is so protective to keep her close makes me not sure if you should trust him. If he really loves you, he gotta proove you that. How? well, he better figure out. For example, dont get drunk. Like you did. You keep away from those things since you it once happen. Lets see if he can do the same thing for you. If my babe did this, I would be so mad and I would let him proove me if he really loves me or not. I understand it is sush a hard situation and right now is nothing clear in your mind. My advice is to talk to him and be strict, its either yes or no. Not maybe. Just yes or no. "Do you like her?" and he says maybe. Thats obvious a yes but dont want to "hurt" you. If my babe said maybe, I would know he was liking her. Be strong darling. Be strict, be brave. You can do this. You are worth so much more.

All men are cheaters, and they always will be!

No, it doesn't make you a decent human being. But the reason why breaking a girl's heart is taken more seriously...it's hard to explain.

Aren't we supposed to be moving closer to equality between genders rather than saying that something universal (heartbreak) is somehow still worse for one gender?

In this case there's an old saying, "a woman's work is never done", and this is why you get paid less.

Last edited:
I was about to say that. Also, for a very long time, men had all the power. Our current congress, justices, and cabinet are still male dominant. And you don't want men to be even more overpowered (which includes breaking girls' hearts).
Why are you trying to make this about politics? People's point was that men have emotions just as much as women do, so saying that it's worse if you cheat on a woman or break a woman's heart is short-sighted and frankly stupid. Check out the original post to see the guy's reaction to her cheating 5 years ago.

I've had to deal with cheating in my previous relationship, though if it was just kissing I probably wouldn't have minded it as much. The worst part of it was all the lies I had to fight through, because even now I'm certain I only know half the story of all the times I got cheated on.

If your boyfriend says "I don't know" in regards to whether he likes her or if it's payback, then something weird is going on. You need to give him space for a while and tell him to think, then tell you his true feelings. Don't put too much pressure on him though, because I imagine that if the guy's actual response to the two questions is "no", then his actions have him very confused. He needs to work through this as much as you do.

All men are cheaters, and they always will be!
Wow, calm it, woman. I never cheated on my girlfriend, even though I can name at least 5 dudes that she actually had sex with during our relationship. I've had a really bad experience, yet I don't go "OMG ALL WOMEN ARE SLUTZZZZZ".

Shut up.

Stop getting drunk because it's fairly obvious neither of you are responsible enough for it.

" I asked him if it really was the alcohol's doing, he said "maybe 50/50"
I asked him if he liked her, he said "i dunno" "

THAT. Right there. Is a redflag.
Hun, I have been cheated on my whole life. I don't know if it's because I allowed my ex's to be very open, I wasn't exciting enough for them, or maybe I attracted the unfaithful ones. And I'll tell you what, I've had 3 boyfriends my entire life. All 3 of them cheated on me. I forgave all of them once.

My fiance I am currently with has cheated on me as well.... about 3 years ago. He was seeing another girl for 2 years. We had been together for 6 years. The most fantastic thing was, she was my best friend. One who I poured my soul into. One who I trusted with everything. I had met her 4 years prior. So for 2 years after the three of us met, he was cheating on me with her. I honestly don't know how far they took it and I don't want to think about it. After I caught both of them, of course I confronted. You know what happened? My boyfriend broke down. My best friend? She didn't care. She actually thought it was funny. I was stabbed in the back twice. I am still dented from this situation 3 years later.

However, my boyfriend saw how my best friend treated me, he saw what her scheme really was; to break us up because it was all a game to her. It was vile, cruel. I have never seen, in my life, another person that cruel. He lived 5 hours away, but the next day, he made a special trip down to see me. Skipped work and everything. He got on his knees and apologized to me. I could see it in his eyes, he really was sorry. I forgave him, when I wasn't going to, because of my past. But I did.

Happy ending: I'm still with him and that friend of mine is long gone.

I know how you feel. I do, love. But when he doesn't give you a direct answer, when he doesn't feel any remorse about what he did, no matter if alcohol was involved or not... it's wrong. it is wrong. You made up for your mistakes, the guilt is eating at you. Yet he feels no guilt? To answer a serious question with "I dunno," makes me worried. You need to face him and make him answer. If not, then every time will be a "I dunno," answer. He needs to listen to you. Period.

If he can't step up to par for your heart, why should you for his?

Last edited:
Did any of you guys watch Friends before? This is totally reminding me the Emily, Rachel, Ross arc, and I'm Emily.

-_-

Aren't we supposed to be moving closer to equality between genders rather than saying that something universal (heartbreak) is somehow still worse for one gender?

In this case there's an old saying, "a woman's work is never done", and this is why you get paid less.

You're right. It's bad no matter what gender it is.

Why are you trying to make this about politics? People's point was that men have emotions just as much as women do, so saying that it's worse if you cheat on a woman or break a woman's heart is short-sighted and frankly stupid. Check out the original post to see the guy's reaction to her cheating 5 years ago.

I've had to deal with cheating in my previous relationship, though if it was just kissing I probably wouldn't have minded it as much. The worst part of it was all the lies I had to fight through, because even now I'm certain I only know half the story of all the times I got cheated on.

If your boyfriend says "I don't know" in regards to whether he likes her or if it's payback, then something weird is going on. You need to give him space for a while and tell him to think, then tell you his true feelings. Don't put too much pressure on him though, because I imagine that if the guy's actual response to the two questions is "no", then his actions have him very confused. He needs to work through this as much as you do.

I don't know why I brought up politics there, but I was trying to say that men had more power, which is why I felt that it's worse to be meaner to a girl than a boy.

I don't know why I brought up politics there, but I was trying to say that men had more power, which is why I felt that it's worse to be meaner to a girl than a boy.

It's not worse, being mean to anyone is terrible. However, there's a double standard in society which says that woman are "more fragile", and "weaker", so they can't handle things like this. That statement isn't necessarily true.

Men 'had' more power...So screw men?

It's not worse, being mean to anyone is terrible. However, there's a double standard in society which says that woman are "more fragile", and "weaker", so they can't handle things like this. That statement isn't necessarily true.

I believe this is the answer I was looking for. Thanks for answering.

Seriously, men has as much feelings as girls dose. why even complain about this? we are here to help out our friend what to do.

Because somehow the status of specific individuals makes it right for the other people of the same sex to be mistreated?

For your age, you have a very simple view of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back