• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dragonball Xenoverse - Discussion/Matchmaking Thread

Nerd House

Content Creator
Bells
Switch
5177-1958-9486
New Horizons Token
Purple Violet
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Famous Mushroom
Surprised no thread has been made about this game yet! It's awesome!!

Xenoverse_logo_500w.jpg

Quite possibly the best Dragonball game made in YEARS.

Here's a little gameplay video I threw together for my review of it later that actually shows off a lot of the game's features.

Last edited:
Eh. Nice but I wouldn't buy and/or play it. Never grew up with the series as much as some other people.

Whaaaat omg. First time I'm hearing about this!

I definitely grew up with DBZ (more so than the original Dragon Ball, and I never really "made it" over to GT) so that video brings back some memories for me :) I probably wouldn't pick it up unless it was super cheap though. I can get all nostalgic just thinking about it, no need to pay a premium for it. lol

It does look cool though, I gotta say. Ahhhh don't tempt me, I can't afford this many games ;;

The game is fun. I'm never was a huge fan of the series but as a game it's definitely worth the purchase.

Eh. Nice but I wouldn't buy and/or play it. Never grew up with the series as much as some other people.
You're not an anime fan if you don't watch DBZ.
~Every Otaku on the internet

So, a friend of mine got this game and told me all the English voice actors are the same. Since Funimation didn't go to the trouble of getting all the same VAs when they dubbed DBZ Kai, I figured that he just wasn't paying very close attention and shrugged him off... but out of curiosity I went on youtube and looked up the Ginyu Force fight, and oh my god. He was right.

In watching that one fight I ended up wanting that game so badly it's unbelievable. To have all those old voices back is like a glimpse directly into my childhood, and while I said before that I don't need to play the game to reminisce, it actually struck a chord with me. Like... my eyes got all misty because I remembered all the great times that went along with watching DBZ as a young'un, aaand now I'm determined to grab that game as soon as humanly possible.

The sensible part of me says I need to wait until the price goes down, and stretch my trade-in credit further. The rest of me is like "GET IT AND GET IT NOW. SELL YOUR BODY IF YOU HAVE TO. YOU ONLY NEED ONE KIDNEY. DONATE SOME PLASMA. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???"

We shall see which side ends up winning.

But no seriously, this game looks really amazing and I take back everything I said before about being able to stay away from it. I so can't. Not for long~ :p

Some of them are the old Ocean dub voices, some of them are the Kai voices.

Examples: Recoome has his old Ocean Dub voice actor, while Frieza has the Kai voice actor.

Some of them are the old Ocean dub voices, some of them are the Kai voices.

Examples: Recoome has his old Ocean Dub voice actor, while Frieza has the Kai voice actor.

I noticed a few of them didn't sound quite right but all the ones I was paying strict attention to were my oldies :')

I'm not a fan of the Kai VAs because I hate when characters' voices change after I've already become used to one (thus why I still can't watch the Trigun: Badlands Rumble movie... no Jeff Nimoy as Wolfwood T_T) but in this case I'll just have to deal. Especially because it's so great to hear certain VAs come back after all these years :D

Recoome has his old Ocean Dub voice actor
Why on earth would they ditch Vegeta's sexy ass voice from the Ocean Dub but give Recoome's?

This makes me sad.
It's a joke, Ocean Vegeta is terrible.

But does Gohan have his annoying ass Kai dub voice?

Last edited:
So I've been playing it quite a bit and....

giphy.gif

Color me surprised.

Last edited:
Oh god no this is so bad I don't even It is die.

Last edited:
Just curious, what don't you like about it?

The rpg system, the fighting style and the graphics (the graphics not being important at all, I just wanted to point that out. Lol).
The best DBZ games were Budokai 1&3 and Burst Limit. The style in those games are made better for competitive playing. They should have expanded on them in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back