• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Aspiring animators?

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Hey you guys!

A few months ago, some friends and I have started up an animation studio. We're hard at work animating our first short, and we've got tons of more stuff on the way. We're currently looking for people who love animation and want to be involved in some way. Mainly, people who want to learn how to animate / people who are interested in "inbetweening."

I'm gonna' copy/paste some stuff here that I've been sending out on other websites, to see if any of you would be interested.

Our Goal:

We're not in it for the money, or the notoriety, although we're prepared to accept and embrace both should they come about. At the end of the day, [our studio] makes cartoons because [our studio] believes that the 2D storytelling medium is a magical force that can change the world. The way we see it, as long as we're making cartoons, we're living the dream already.

Our Game-Plan:

Upon completion of our first short, which should be done in a few short months, we plan on applying to be a part of the Channel Frederator network. Through Channel Frederator, and the networking they offer, we plan on growing [our studio] with each short. By working with folks we meet through the Channel Frederator Network, we believe our shorts will get seen. And the more they're seen, the more the likelihood of revenue comes into play (not that that's the maaiiin goal!)

You can find out more about Channel Frederator and their network here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ChannelFrederator

Our Workflow:

So, currently, we're in production on our first short. It's being inbetweened at the moment, all of the key frames, extreme frames, and breakdown frames have been completed.
While the first short is being animated, another group from the studio is developing concept art and character turnarounds for the second short - and we're constantly working on and looking for commercial projects on top of all this.
There's always something that needs doing!

Animators/inbetweeners are definitely the #1 thing we're looking for, but we're always looking for concept artists / character designers / prop designers / background designers too!

Your name would be properly listed in the credits of anything you do with [our studio], and you could totally use it as a "portfolio" piece, or something to get you other gigs in the 2D universe!

And if we click with you, and everybody's enjoying the work we're doing, you'd be a paid employee as soon as money starts rolling in and we discuss what we have to discuss!

Frederator is doing so much for 2D animation right now, we're just trying to be a part of it! Cartoons can change the world!

If any of this interests you, personal message me and we can talk more about it.
Commenting here would be fine too though, I suppose.

We're looking for aspiring animators that have a legal copy of flash (we traditionally animate, frame by frame, using that program), and/or artists that have legal copies of photoshop, but above all else - we're looking for people that want to make cartoons.

Well, I'm an animator, but not 2D. I'm a 3D animator, working with 3D environments and 3D models. I wish I could help. Good luck!

Last edited:
This sounds really cool! Sadly I'm just a filmmaker/video editor lol.

Best of luck to you guys!

Ahh this sounds so cool! I've literally just started animating very recently so i don't think i'm exactly qualified or good enough for this yet, but i wish you all the best of luck! ( ? ▽ ` )ノ i'm decent at drawing but not making the drawings move XD

My dream is to become an animator one of these days, but right now I have only worked with 3D models. I wish you good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! Keep in touch with me if you ever do decide to walk down this crazy cartoon path!

Darn. I got all excited and then I saw 2D. If you ever need a 3D generalist/Enviro modeler hit me up.

I love doing concept arts and sometimes I dont even know what to do with them. I also have plans do games together with mah love. I love creating monsters and stuff.

all these 3d animators
no threads about blender

>h8 u gais

At any rate, I would do this if I wasn't ignoring my schoolwork literally all the time already. I think I would need more details on things like time commitment if I were to seriously think about this. Also, what version of Flash are you guys using?

all these 3d animators
no threads about blender

>h8 u gais

At any rate, I would do this if I wasn't ignoring my schoolwork literally all the time already. I think I would need more details on things like time commitment if I were to seriously think about this. Also, what version of Flash are you guys using?

I use Maya, Zbrush, UDK, Crazybump, and Photoshop man. None of it is freeware. Blender doesn't do what I need it to.

all these 3d animators
no threads about blender

>h8 u gais

We're using CC 2014.

And time commitment is really something we negotiate with each individual person that's with us based on what they're looking to do!

And ZR, check your inbox!

Last edited:
I do 2D animation but I'm really not sure what y'all are looking for :/ also totes hate Adobe software, I use Anime Studio, so not sure you'd be interested in my help.

Back