July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Togepi Easter Egg
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Is anyone else playing this?? I have to admit, I downloaded it for free from the eshop, and I'm a little addicted! <3

Also, if you are, what are your current favorite teams?? I love to use Sableye, Litwick, Flaaffy and Vulpix!

Last edited:
I've been thinking about downloading it. Is it still free?

...Also, sorry but I had to squint to read your post ;;

...Also, sorry but I had to squint to read your post ;;
It's still free! If you like things like bejeweled, you should totally get it! ^^

oh sorry, fixed it! <3

oh I downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty addictive! now I just wonder if I can "time travel", you know :p

oh I downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty addictive! now I just wonder if I can "time travel", you know :p
Oh yay, someone else plays it! what do you think of it so far?? <3 I love it! though, I'm not quite sure...you should test the theory, because if you can, I'm totally "Time traveling" <3

It's actually very fun considering it's free! This and Pushmo are the puzzle games I play for my 3DS c:
I Agree~ I was both shocked and very pleased to see an Pok?mon themed game for free for once, it made me very happy to also find out how addicting it is! <3

I downloaded it because it's free though I was initially put off with it being one of those "pay to win" games, so I didn't expect much.

It's okay though. I've been going back to it at least once a day which says something. I would rather wait to get hearts over time so that it's something I can play for a short period whilst I wait for something (I played it waiting for the bus and I just used up my last heart as the bus came. Convenient)

I don't really have a team, I just press 'optimize' and let the game do it. Considering it's based on the 'rock paper scissors' logic of Pokemon, pressing optimize is just quicker than me looking for the same team I would have ended up using anyway.

Plus I've not come across any of my regular favorites yet. Pidgey is there, so I use that when it's 'super effective'. Kind of hoping to see Mawile, and something from the Shinx/Houndour evolution lines though. I'll be disappointed if there isn't anything from them :/

I'm guessing it will always be free.

The game is riddled with microtransactions and reminds you of that quite regularly trying to get you to use them.

If they charged actual money for this with those microtransactions in place, people would quickly cause a s***storm for Nintendo.

I would rather them release a paid version without microtransactions but eh, it's fun enough as it is and it's free. They're not forcing me to play it or anything......Though I'm pretty sure my biggest reason for playing is "because Pokemon"

I'm actually not fussed about the microtransactions compared to other 'pay to win' games. It seems a lot more 'balanced' here where it's totally viable to play the game without ever using them whereas the more 'infamous' 'P2W' games usually make it near impossible to continue after a certain point without you opening your wallet or harassing your friends.
Plus streetpass sometimes gives you extra hearts and jewels, so that's more reason not to pay anything.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this be in the Pokemon center lol
I didn't notice if there was a pokemon center eek~ x'D

I just figured it went here since it was a game? owo

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, I see it now. D; give me a minute, I'm gonna ask to see if I can get my thread moved. xD *die*

I'm really enjoying it but I've given up on beating Mega Glalie. Or at least for the time being. I've easily tried 20+ times and haven't been close at all, even when using power ups. Instead I've been going back and catching Pokes I've missed and S ranking everything. Zorua was horrible. It took me about 10 tries before it stayed in its ball. :/

It's okay. I play it in the same way Tao does, though I haven't touched it in two days. I miss the challenge from its predecessors, and the fact that there's now only a chance to capture Pokemon is annoying.

I'll probably keep playing for a while, it's free anyway. And I don't really care about the special stages they release for it.

I was going to download but then I saw that the reviews said the game makes you wait to get hearts to be able to play.

This game is ok but it does annoy me in certain ways. For instance you get a really high combo and do really well, have a 94% chance of capturing the pokemon.
"Too bad, it failed!"
Oh good now I have to do that level again. Ah but I can't because I have to wait 30 minutes for virtual hearts to reload...

Then you just get pokemon which seem to only start at 5% no matter how quickly I try and finish the level. "Would you like to spend money to increase this change to 20%?" Um no. On the bright side, I've never picked up mew so quickly in any other pokemon game before.

Eh its free, for a free game nothing wrong with it, seems to be Nintendo's attempt to join the iOS success with pay-to-play games.

Last edited:
I quite enjoy this game, plus you can't beat free!

I also bought Battle Trozei last year for about $7 it's a similar game but has a few differences (all stages have a time limit in the form of damage) and you have unlimited lives. I honestly prefer Puzzle swap more as I like having a mix of unlimited and limited time levels, and the limited lives thing doesn't bother me as I'd sit there and play the darn thing for hours on end otherwise lol I'm bad like that.

So Pokemon Puzzle Swap is worth the cost (Free!). ^.^

Last edited:
The big differences versus Battle Trozei:

-more than 600 less pokemon.
-matches are set for you and you can't move pokemon around unless it makes a match (unlike trozei where you pick and place things all over). Expert mode lets you do this though.
-pokemon that level up rather than just setting support pokemon and that's it
-items and currency
-real money transactions
-battle is different; in this game you have a turn limit and keep matching until this runs out, at which point the game ends. In trozei the battles are real-time and the enemy pokemon are just attacking you as you try and match. Also, each match instantly deals damage in this game whereas in trozei you make one match and keep adding to the power by matching more.

Fortunately the game is generally ok. It makes it last longer when you can't complete the whole game from day 1. It is nice and you do get a jewel every time you clear a zone, which gives you 5 hearts if you spend it. It can be completed without real purchases but the sheer randomness of the game is its fault. You can fail levels because it didn't give you combo matchups, which you have no control over unlike trozei. And when you finish a level there is no guarantee you will catch the pokemon. The start catch rate is 1-80%, usually in the lower of this range. I haven't caught a pokemon since stage 7.

Last edited:
I finally tried Mega Glalie again using Disruption and +5 turns. This time it was easy and I got a grade of S. Whatever. I'm just happy I can advance.

It's actually not that bad for waiting for hearts, it takes like an hour and you get ALL of your hearts back~ owo

Anyway! I CAUGHT MEW, it's not that big of an achievement but I'm happy about it, right now I'm stuck on Espeon's stage since she's my favorite eveelution and I totally want to catch her! ;w; WISH ME LUCK! </3

Back