• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Do you Self-Destruct in "For Glory" Matches?

How often do you self-destruct, if at all?

• More than once per battle (I'm that brave/foolish)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once per battle, for extra challenge

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • If I ever do, it's an accident.

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Almost never

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • What?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Nameless fox

Really feeling it.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Within fights on "For Glory" mode, self-destructs subtract 2 points.

I tend to self-destruct pretty often at the start of 4-player online matches.
(To clarify: Once per battle, unless I'm either stupid or if the game lags unbearably that I feel the need to get tempbanned)
I'm surprised at how often I don't need to go into sudden death.
What can I say? I like a challenge.
--
So, do you self-destruct? If so, how often and under what circumstances?

Well, If the person I'm fighting is pretty much going to win anyways, I'll save myself from their pleasure and self destruct.

Only if I'm at 100% or more though and on my last stock, most just save a replay and it's like "wow cool, go you B("

Sometimes I'll use an up-B and go off the edge, or get too greedy with meteor smashes and die with them. If they have bad internet, I just quit

only when i know i cant recover back. other than that i **** up a lot too lol

Sometimes I'll use an up-B and go off the edge, or get too greedy with meteor smashes and die with them. If they have bad internet, I just quit

I like playing Dr. Mario but most of my deaths are me trying to meteor smash opponents and faling miserably.

I like playing Dr. Mario but most of my deaths are me trying to meteor smash opponents and faling miserably.
Dr. Mario doesn't have a Meteor smash, his Foward Air is just ALOT more powerful compared to regular Mario, unless you just meant other characters in general.

Dr. Mario doesn't have a Meteor smash, his Foward Air is just ALOT more powerful compared to regular Mario, unless you just meant other characters in general.

I didn't even realise, I play both but I play Dr. more so it's a bit confusing

Yeah, they removed Dr's Meteor properties to make his Forward Air more stronger and has alot more knock back, it's either a win or lose thing.

Little Mac Users. I play as Kirby, eat them. Throw them off. Auto win. Yay

That's not really rewarding unless you're a stock above lmao.

Also it pretty much doesn't work for characters with excellent recoveries, this could count for Wall jumping characters too.

Back