Creepy Acnl Experience?

I'm not sure I'd consider this creepy, but I was visiting Bonbon today and she had Pietro over so I said hi to him too. After leaving, I went directly to T&T's to browse and he was in there looking around. It threw me off because the idea of him booking it to the store and somehow passing me was off-putting lol

it was around like 3 in the morning one time and i was on acnl and i wetn to go watch the tv but it was all static so i kept looking then the alien thing happened i almost pissed myself i didnt know it was an easter egg

Once, I was stuck in someone's town today. I went to trade but there was already another player there and he was a hacker because he was floating around town over ponds and things and I go to leave and he followed me into the station and for 5 SOLID MINUTES I kept getting "the train is taking longer than usual" speech. That guy was right behind me the entire time saying strange things while I'm trying to get out of there.
I really didn't want to cut wifi since I now had stuff I really needed.
And this is why I don't like visiting in peoples town if there's already someone there...

And I did get out without cutting wifif, btw.

I haven't had anything specifically as creepy as some of these, but I have had a few. What comes to mind is when I was in Aika's village and one of the Aika's appeared out of no where in that library-maze room and pretty much blocked the path of the maze to a point where I was stuck and could not move at all. You can't save during a dream, so I was stuck and scared that I'd be stuck that way for a long time.
Also not so much creepy as odd, but I got my second game for my second town of Utopia pre-owned, and the person who owned it before me forgot to delete their town so I decided to just explore before deleting it forever. I went into the designs and what do I find? That the person who owned it before me had very detailed designs of a big butt, a woman's part (not sure if you can curse on this forum) and of a woman blowing a guy. I was going to screenshot it, but it threw me off so much that I just deleted the town right after discovering that.

I remember visiting a dream town and I entered the mayor's house. Inside was all pitch black and I couldn't move around except for in the doorway and the song K.K. Dirge was playing. It spooked me a bit haha. I still wish I had the dream address!! Though it was before the update so the address wouldn't have been valid now anyway.

Eunice asked me to visit. I went to leave as soon as I got there, and she used that force that Isabelle uses, where she freezes you, and says 'Wait for me!'.

Eunice had me backed against the wall. She said 'You can't leave yet. You haven't stayed long enough'.

I was trapped and terrified.

I felt like Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction for a moment, as I half expected Eunice to put a ball gag in my mouth. O_O

There's a rumor (not sure if it's canon or not) that gyroids are actually haniwa figurines which are clay statues that are buried with the dead. I was doing a lot of gardening and digging up holes to make my town look nicer, I was noticing that there were much more gyroids than usual, I dug up maybe 10 or so. I took a break from planting trees for a bit to talk to one of my favorite villagers, Muffy explained that gyroids show up much more often after a heavy rainfall, and it was raining at the time as well. In my mind I was thinking that there were shallow graves underneath all my grass or something. I mean, probably not..but the dots seem to connect in an unsettling way. ._.

Last edited:
There's a rumor (not sure if it's canon or not) that gyroids are actually haniwa figurines which are clay statues that are buried with the dead. I was doing a lot of gardening and digging up holes to make my town look nicer, and I was noticing that there were much more gyroids than usual, I dug up maybe 10 or so. I took a break from planting trees for a bit to talk to one of my favorite villagers, Muffy explained that gryoids show up much more often after a heavy rainfall, and it was raining at the time as well. In my mind I was thinking that there were shallow graves underneath all my grass or something. I mean, probably not..but the dots seem to connect in an unsettling way. ._.

Knowing Muffy, if there ARE bodies underground - SHE put them there! :D

one time i found the crashed alien spaceship and didn't know what to do with it but it still creeped me out lol

Last edited:
My main town Vista is pretty creepy.. more like done creepy things.

Sometimes when I exit my house (I just log in to) and one of my villagers will run pass my door, like Marshal did once..yes everyone's favorite overrated squirrel ran pass my house when I logged into the game one day. If you ever been to the dream town, you will notice I have zero villagers living next to me.. The only one nearby is Static.

Another time, Francine nearly scared the heck out of me when I exit my house and worse she was standing behind a tree. She pinged ​at me and asked me if I believe in UFOs..(I don't believe in UFOs...but I believe in ghosts, Francine!)

Last edited:
I went to a dream town by a member on this forum, beautiful town.. but one of the rooms was just completely filled with the cloud making machine and for some reason that just unnerved me.. I was so confused. It's a cute item but a room filled with it making that swirly noise is definitely one of the weirdest things I've seen in a DA. I loved that town though, trying to remember whose it was :'D

There's been a couple times I've fallen into pitfalls and Hazel is standing RIGHT BEHIND ME stalking me in the distance. A few times it was in front of my house and Hazel lives near by, so that makes sense... but there's been more than one occasion where I've fallen into a pitfall very far from where Hazel would normally go... AND AGAIN SHE'S RIGHT THERE. Of course she doesn't help me, she just stares. I love Hazel, but that was creepy.

I haven't had any REALLy creepy experiences per say, but I do remember this one dream town, Hitokui village! Hitokui means cannibal in japanese. There was a meat shop, lab, lots of scary basements, and even a cult-looking room in a chapel-themed house! All of the custom designs were very graphic and well-done, and there was even a guillotine cardboard head cut out in front of the town hall! One of the characters looked normal too, but when she turned around she had a large red slash across her back that you could see through her dress! It scared me when I visited it when I was smaller, but I'm much older now and I actually love it a lot lol! ^ ^ I love creepy towns. I don't think it's dream address has updated for welcome amiibo sadly, but it was my favorite dream town!

One time, Bones started chasing with me an axe, and I when got to the river, Marcel jumped out of it with a net, and they both kidnapped me. They forced me to give them all my bells, and I did because I didn't wanted to die. It was a really scary experience.

Last edited:
Not really, aside from the loud, sudden take-off of the beetles whenever they get scared off while I was sneaking around at the island. That and getting bit by a scorpion was a bit unsettling.

One time, Bones started chasing with me an axe, and I when got to the river, Marcel jumped out of it with a net, and they both kidnapped me. They forced me to give them all my bells, and I did because I didn't wanted to die. It was a really scary experience.

This post made my day. :)

Just went to a random dream town - I chose one from Canada -
(No offense Canadians on what happens next!)

Hacked town. The bed and LLoyd were there but no Luna. The dream started past the train tunnel.

Kind of a boring town overall but it was frightenening - I couldn't find Luna. I looked everywhere!

So I had to quit the game and start back up.
No more random towns for me!
It was really weird and creepy.

Back