• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to go really hard on fests. Like 30 items each but now I do like 10. With the intro of Joxars, and some coming back during NoTN. I don't find it's worth it anymore. Even though the rates of getting items in Joxars continue to decline. There's always new people coming into FR. So items are taking longer to inflate. I have lost a lot of interest in the festivals. It's always the same daily grind.

Were the festival different in 2013? Were favors more limited?

that Ice festival dress looks like one of those old fashioned nighties- negligees like you see on old tv shows/movies, lol totally out of place on the dude dragons...

this is probably so dumb but i got an unhatched egg and i don't even really see the point in it, i don't really like the 'basic' dragon types and gen 1's always look so basic (well guess that makes sense). is it useful for breeding or something?

this is probably so dumb but i got an unhatched egg and i don't even really see the point in it, i don't really like the 'basic' dragon types and gen 1's always look so basic (well guess that makes sense). is it useful for breeding or something?

some people collect the gen1's, so if you hatch it and get great color combo, especially double colors, it could be a valuable dragon to sell. the unhatched eggs themselves usually trade or sell for 140 gems plus, so there's that as well.

Were the festival different in 2013? Were favors more limited?

Well in a way yes. During the first year they only had registrations every 3-4 months. So items from each fest were scarce. Thats why Light Sprite is so expensive. No one really knew what was going on during that time and people were just getting into the game. Lightning sprite is cheaper than Fire (?), because during the Lightning festival there was A LOT of down time. So they extended the festival, which means there was more time to grind. Also usually Lightning and Earth aesthetic isn't the most popular.

So in a nut shell anything from Y1 is hella expensive because there wasn't a lot of people on the website and you could only coli for festival currency. From Y2+ everyone kind of knew what was going on and then they introduced Baldwins. Now festival currency is in abundance. If you check the forums you see people buying upwards of 5k-10k of festival currency to get favors to sell later. But because of this prices will take FOREVER to inflate.

For certain items from Y3 to reach Y1 items I believe it will take at least 2-3 years. Y2 items haven't even gotten that far. Sunguard from Y2 isn't that popular and sits at 400gems on a good day while Golem Gauntlets are at 1kg roughly. It depends on the apparel, but mostly it depends on how much is in circulation.

I think if you don't mind investing and can hold on on selling, then go for it. But for me unless its AMAZIng like Will O' Ember, Wispwillow guide etc. It's not worth it. Things that are versatile like Will O' Ember or the NoTN candles hold better value bc they are nice enough to dress on dragons, but not overpowering and "specific".

I feel like Xan 2.0 lol, she's still around btw hahaha

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unless you're the gambling type I would forsure sell. You can get ****ty colors like camo.orange.antique and have to sell it for 7k or you can get an amazing combo like idk orca/orca/ice. Which someone did hatch, and they sold it for 31kgems.

It's more of like a collectors kind of item. Like on TBT, people will pokeballs/feathers etc. Its a status.

Triple color combos go FOR A LOT. Like 50kgems+, some colors are more popular than others, and some people favor certain eyes as well.

IMO, I say sell. The gen 1 market isn't worth it right now. So unless you have TONS of spare money to just keep hatching eggs, I would suggest selling the egg. If its a noc egg, hold onto it because prices are very low. If its anything else I say go ahead and toss it on AH. Ice, Light, Plague are usually the top 3 popular eye combos. Plague eyes are iffy, some people like them because they are hella cool and demonic looking. Some people hate it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Speaking of Gen ones

I'm selling 2 coatl gen ones here.

Willing to go lowwww for TBT people, at this point I hate them in my lair and i just want to get rid of them. Will toss some seafood bc they are hungry.

Goth pastel~

finally got a chest in coli last nite, woot. have one of each festive favor, and snagged the four accents i like. its all gravy from here on out!

also unknowingly got a light egg from crystal pools i guess, that level drops so many minerals / ores that are round that i must not have noticed an egg in the loot. otherwise its a mystery.

thank you peisinoe and king dad! think i'm just gonna sell it lol, it's tempting to hatch but going by the last egg i hatched it will probably be just as ugly, also i'm v new so makes sense just to gather money rn

that Ice festival dress looks like one of those old fashioned nighties- negligees like you see on old tv shows/movies, lol totally out of place on the dude dragons...

lmao! so true, i'm not really into it, i don't usually like apparel that cover up so much of the body especially when it looks like a negligee

- - - Post Merge - - -

does anyone here hire coli grinders? i noticed there are so many bad ones this festival, 3 out of the 4 people were so bad i had to just ask for a refund. i paid one person 52k for an hour & they came back with 3 snow & maybe 100 points of food??? wtf? i get that myself in less than 5 minutes

lmao! so true, i'm not really into it, i don't usually like apparel that cover up so much of the body especially when it looks like a negligee

- - - Post Merge - - -

does anyone here hire coli grinders? i noticed there are so many bad ones this festival, 3 out of the 4 people were so bad i had to just ask for a refund. i paid one person 52k for an hour & they came back with 3 snow & maybe 100 points of food??? wtf? i get that myself in less than 5 minutes

oh wow, ive never hired a grinder, seems like it would be hard to keep track of what i scored in the loot that i didnt already have in my lair other than snow/chests of course. ive noticed this has definitely been a stingy festival so far, maybe theyll adjust the drops for this weekend.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got lucky with one lol. I ordered an hour in redrock cove and they gave me a spiney whale, 3 chests, and 100+ snow. For 35kt too!

I got lucky with one lol. I ordered an hour in redrock cove and they gave me a spiney whale, 3 chests, and 100+ snow. For 35kt too!

how does that even happen in an houyr?? im lucky to get 3 chsts in a week, 30 festi currency in an hour, and ive never gotten a boss familiar ever. i hope that person bought lottery tickets too

oh congrats! Tha't some nice loot, haha maybe I should get them to grind for me in boreal woods. I've been trying to get that damn Yeti familiar.

Also, its been an iffy festival for me. It takes like 3 hrs to get one chest and I've gotten no where near the drop rates seen in the guide by Maki, but I still made a good profit (made enough to buy a water sprite) so I can't complain too much.

Last edited:
how does that even happen in an houyr?? im lucky to get 3 chsts in a week, 30 festi currency in an hour, and ive never gotten a boss familiar ever. i hope that person bought lottery tickets too

lmao idek. All I've gotten are bogsicle chests and barely any snow from grinding xD
I'm just surprised they were honest enough to send it to me and not keep it for themself. I sent them some extra gems on top for that though

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh congrats! Tha't some nice loot, haha maybe I should get them to grind for me in boreal woods. I've been trying to get that damn Yeti familiar.

Also, its been an iffy festival for me. It takes like 3 hrs to get one chest and I've gotten no where near the drop rates seen in the guide by Maki, but I still made a good profit (made enough to buy a water sprite) so I can't complain too much.

Thanks lol! Their user is Runningthrugrass but I don't know if they're accepting grinding orders still.
Congrats on the water sprite though!

Last edited:
I'm selling some extra dragons that i made/bred (i bred all except the coatl) 9500 ea., they are in auction house so you can find them there.
29024970_350.jpg29446976_350.jpg30107399_350.jpg30238057_350.jpg30238059_350.jpg

Last edited:

those are great drops! one person i hired was awesome and they gave me similar to what you got. from now on i have to check if they really have a lvl 25 team with eliminates before hiring. seems like a bunch of random people with low level dragons are offering to grind

- - - Post Merge - - -

congrats on the water sprite! i feel like they must grind on a touch pad for maki's guide, it takes so much longer grinding on a computer/mouse vs an ipad - i can get similar battle times since i use an ipad

Last edited:
who i got an amethyst geode from Baldwin's. i dunno what it's used for, but it's really cool-looking so imma keep it i think. are they rare or anything?

(posting image below, but sometimes they dont show up from the FR server for some reason:)

17370.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

a new record low for my gathering turns: only 8 total festi currency gained. Ice Fest 2017 be stingiest festival ever...

^^ That sucks. Today was probably my best day though, I was able to dig up a chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back