Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always heard of this game but what's it about / how do you play it?

Virtual pet site where you take care of dragons. Dress them up, fight, gather food and items for them. They also have a pretty active forum part. You can only join certain times a month though since they are not too big (well, bigger than before since they used to only be open every other month for a few days and such when I joined, now they have welcome week almost every month I think where you can register).

A lot of TBT users are there if you manage to track em down ;)

We should have events on here. What do you guys think? Maybe every Friday we host a dragon dress up or something idk.

I'll join if you guys decide to do something :D
I haven't really been doing much over there, can't wait for the fest so I can get motivated to coli grind again

@JellyLu @King Dorado

Beautiful plague subspecies to ya both! although I'm a little biased :3

on another note, I've been using all my gathering turns on hunting so I can get the swan food items. only got one of each so far, but today I got a dappled dunhoof!

I tried collecting black swans from there but since you got like 3-5 a week or less I just bought that vista lol...

And yeah can't wait for Greenskeeper, hope they pick nice things. I stopped looked at submission tbh, mostly bc I will never be able to buy all the nice ones that never make it and well I'll just get disappoint I guess lol..

I've always heard of this game but what's it about / how do you play it?

--they have a Welcome Week once a month which is the only time they accept new members. (next one should be mid-June). so the first thing you do is join! :)
--next, you track down super old TBT members who left this site and get the scoop on all the past Belltree scandals and shenanigans :eek:
--then, you spend your hard earned caish on forum currency so you can get started without having to mewl and whine on all the giveaway threads :rolleyes:
--and finally, you go hog wild chasing down pixels, collectibles, and generally trying to satisfy your completionist's insanity that wasn't fulfilled by ACNL or TBT!!! :cool:

(or, like moko, said, it's NeoPets but with dragons... )

I'll join if you guys decide to do something :D

on another note, I've been using all my gathering turns on hunting so I can get the swan food items. only got one of each so far, but today I got a dappled dunhoof!

grats on the 'hoof! i think mine is two clicks from being Awakened...

what Level do you have to be to gather swans???

Last edited:
Never said it was Neopets lolol also gj repeating basically my post :p

For black swans I think it's somewhere past 20 iirc

grats on the 'hoof! i think mine is two clicks from being Awakened...

what Level do you have to be to gather swans???

level 21 for the swans, I'm at 23, and trying to level up even more so I can get the skinks for the baldwin familiars too

For the first time in weeks (maybe months?), I decided not to run away when a boss frog showed. my mire flyer always died when I didn't run in the past.

RtfGBmS.jpg

But ahhh!!! Finally got one of them :D

level 21 for the swans, I'm at 23, and trying to level up even more so I can get the skinks for the baldwin familiars too

For the first time in weeks (maybe months?), I decided not to run away when a boss frog showed. my mire flyer always died when I didn't run in the past.

RtfGBmS.jpg

Congrats!! The frogs are the hardest to get, it seems like

Nature event has finally started, The vista and maybe dryad's guise is the only thing I'm interested in. Just got the vista and it looks wonderful, I'm still trying to figure out which one of my drags will look good in dryad's guise.

Ahhh just peered through the skins, might actually get the whole set this time. Nature, water and arcane are def my faves. aha. And finally Nature vista oohh yes.

I thought the accent and skins were mostly either Meh, or look cool but would never work on any of my dragons (like the waterall on the f snapper). the one i like best i can brew which is nice, and the one for female pearl catcher actually would look good on my only f pc, so imma snag that later this week for sure.

the apparel looks like they took the nightgown from ice fest and made it green and added length to it.

ay i did snag a chest in gathering, on like my 2d turn too, was quite a nice surprise! so i guess i'm off now to try my luck in coli, killing moths and monkeys- wish me luck! :rolleyes:

Yeah the Nocturne was pretty meh, glad I got that one free from a chest lol. Not a fan of that texture because it makes everything look very plastic. I like the gown wayyy better than the Ice one; it was way too cutesy in my opinion.

RtfGBmS.jpg

that's a LUCKY drop! i don't really grind the coli anymore but when i first started i grinded in the mire a lot and never got any of the bosses.

i think the rarest boss drops are the golem workshop ones, on the rare occasion that i use the coli i only do golem workshop in hopes of getting the bosses - those are the last two familiars i need (besides kickstarter ones and beta)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was thinking of making a new General chat thread bc Nikita isn't that active anymore. That way someone or I can control the thread titles and such

the mods and admins can combine threads, i wonder if it's possible for you to create a new one then they merge this old one with the new one (with yours being the first post)?

so i knocked around in the three venues that supposedly have the most nature element foes, and here were the results:

--Rainsong Jungle: 30 minutes
fest currency accrued: 22
chests: 0
familiars: 2.

--Bamboo Falls: 15 minutes
fest currency accrued: 08 [not a typo, only 8 in fifteen minutes]
familiars: 0.

--Woodlands Path: 15 minutes
fest currency accrued: 11
familiars: 1.

so I have no idea where Maki gets their guide data-- i noticed last night before festival even started that they had all their listings and drop rates etc in the guide for this festival, so, i'm doubting its veracity, maybe they just throw out old data for consumption by the masses. just because a certain percentage of total enemies are of a given element, doesn't mean that a venue trots out that enemy at the same rate as the others. hey, if you guys are knocking it out of the park in rainsong jungle let me know, but when i played it there were waaaaay too many enemy sets of three beasts from non-neutral and non-nature elements to yield what maki's guide is claiming imo...

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, and i ripped through battles pretty quickly; just not very many neutral/nature foes in the rainsong jungle...

Yeah don't know about that Maki man. Either they have incredibly luck and/or do some real weird calculation because I hardly doubt it's 20% or whatever even if it's probably the best for currency due to a lot of neutral and nature monsters but yeah I don't think it goes for chests and stuff.

Maki's data is completely crowd sourced, it's not solely their own experience. If you look at the thread, you'll see people posting what monsters dropped what chests and sometimes people post how many battles they went through.

If you look at the "Last edited" line at the bottom of OP, you'll see that it's being updated with more data quite frequently.

Last edited:
Maki's data is completely crowd sourced, it's not solely their own experience. If you look at the thread, you'll see people posting what monsters dropped what chests and sometimes people post how many battles they went through.

If you look at the "Last edited" line at the bottom of OP, you'll see that it's being updated with more data quite frequently.

Yeah, I guess it's still a bit biased though since the RNG they have, oh well. Got all the things I wanted so just gonna dig for currency and stuff now.

Yeah, I guess it's still a bit biased though since the RNG they have, oh well. Got all the things I wanted so just gonna dig for currency and stuff now.

eyyy it's you again! so you're on fr?
what flight are you? ovo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back