• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Flight Rising General Thread [Registration: 8/15 - 8/20]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 4 strange chests from gathering. :eek:

2 new familiars, 1 old one, AND A NOCTURNE EGG!

Though a noc scroll would be better tbh

Last edited:
I got 4 while gathering, got a noc scroll and one of the new familiars so I'm pretty happy about that
Hoping coli grinding will be nice to me

Happy NotN everyone <3

I was on for hours and got some to drop. I agree that the rates don't seem to be as good as last year, but its only the first day. Of the ones I opened I got two old stuff, my 1st noc scroll and the new jester vista. Sold the rest though so I can buy the new apparel bundles.

I would recommend trying Scorched forest. I was only there for a little while before I went to bed and got like 3 (2 were in the same drop). And it took me hours in other venues to get even one.

Also, got a new dragon for my lair, another genone palindrome :blush:

thankfully my luck improved a little bit, after needing to kill 95 mimic monsters to get a chest to drop, i then got 2 more in the next 50 battles. also got 1 in gathering today. got 2 noc eggs- woot! and some old ghost flame apparel, boo... holding the other chest for now coz imma prolly use it to brew that grimore vista...

Opinions please

I'm trying to decide on the genes of the dragon I showed in my earlier post.

Should I go for the expensive stained gene, adding onto the expensive WC/wasp/bee scrolls

of9bmYN.png

Or should I go for the cheap smirch gene, which I already have

R4QQkQn.png

NotN DAY THREE

day three gathering: no chests :(
only snagged 1 chest in coli so far and it took like 78 mimic battles to get it, crikey.
got 2 chests from swipp swaps tho.
ive snagged all but 1 item if the clever jester set now from the MP, just the leggings to go; have gotten 3 of the deadpan jester set so far... (not interested in the
opened three chests from yesterday, got a noc egg and 2 of the new familiars :D

Opinions please

I'm trying to decide on the genes of the dragon I showed in my earlier post.

Should I go for the expensive stained gene, adding onto the expensive WC/wasp/bee scrolls

of9bmYN.png

Or should I go for the cheap smirch gene, which I already have

R4QQkQn.png

definitely the smirch gene, bc (1) it's very fitting for your dragon's look; and (2) the genes are a bit tough to see anyhow with the apparel and the accent, so i dont think the stained would have much of an impact on his appearance...

- - - Post Merge - - -

meant to say im not interested in the brown/blue jetser set from tresrure MP; the sarcastic jester set looks good but costs too much, so doubt i'll get that one...

Ive gotten quite a few chests today, I now have 2 of the damn smirch gene but i DID also get a noc egg! I'm not really sure what to do with it though, i might just sell it or put it in a raffle.

i got 2 chests gathering this morning, woohoo!
opened those and the ones i picked up last night, got:

2 old familiars, 2 new familiars, and new jester apparel.

kinda seems like im getting too much of the old stuff from these chests tho... almost 50/50 old v new, its supposed to be lower chance of the old stuff...

i already brewed the 2 new fams, the new vista, and i think 5 items of the new jester apparel. and did the swipp's new vista also...

what purpose does all that mimic powder serve?

best i can tell, its only used for the brew recipe for a single strange chest isnt it???
(i think ive seen it in crim's offers before too...)

is that it?
:confused:

Got 1 strange chest from gathering. Old familiar. Bleh.

****, same here, and it was the same ****in old familiar that i already had since last year (orbiting spirit) and also got in a different chest yesterday.
:mad::mad::mad:

- - - Post Merge - - -

so far, i've opened 14 strange chests, which have yielded:

--3 noc eggs :D
--1 new jester vista :)
--1 new jolly jester apparel item :rolleyes:
--4 new familiars :)
--2 old NotN apparel items :(
--3 old NotN familiars :mad:

that's a lot of old crap in the chests ive opened dangit, too high of a percentage it seems to me...

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, i traded a bear 1:1 for a new familiar. but i'm starting to see some people make crazy demands for their bear trades, like wanting eggs and stuff to trade. i thought everyone had the bears pretty much or were getting stuck with them in their joxar's chests.... wonder if i shoulda held out for more on my extra bear, it didn't even occur to me at the time, oops...

also, i traded a bear 1:1 for a new familiar. but i'm starting to see some people make crazy demands for their bear trades, like wanting eggs and stuff to trade. i thought everyone had the bears pretty much or were getting stuck with them in their joxar's chests.... wonder if i shoulda held out for more on my extra bear, it didn't even occur to me at the time, oops...

Yea, I don't get why people kept saying they were worthless....I don't have a full set and every time I went to AH to buy some they were like 60k tr and over, and that was before they announced their removal or even had the pole up.
Idk, maybe I just had bad luck when I went to check, or for people 60k tr is peanuts (but that's a good amount imo)

4 chests from digging!

2 Ghost Flame Collar (apparel), Enchanted Armaments (fam), Noc egg.

Same apparel twice... Bleh. Old fam.. bleh. Egg instead of scroll... bleh.

If anyone wants the apparel or familiar, please leave me a VM!

I still need a cape and a wing guard to complete the deadpan jester set. has anybody even noticed them in the MP at any point? odd... i haven't seen any for sale, except a very few on AH at inflated prices...

Yea, I don't get why people kept saying they were worthless....I don't have a full set and every time I went to AH to buy some they were like 60k tr and over, and that was before they announced their removal or even had the pole up.
Idk, maybe I just had bad luck when I went to check, or for people 60k tr is peanuts (but that's a good amount imo)

when i first joined and was figuring out what kind of collectible things they had at FR, and i quickly realized that i wasnt going to be obtaining any sprites at several hundred dollars a pop, i decided to collect the bears because i thought they were pretty cool and bc they were year 2 items so i thought they were a little bit rare. (didnt realize they were also part of NotN drops). but yeh, some of those bears were really pricy on the AH, and i had to wait for somebody to post them at a reasonable price, so i'd say it took six or eight weeks to get them all at reasonable prices in 2016... AH there is weird and random sometimes...

- - - Post Merge - - -

don't forget-- today is the actual winter solstice, i.e., the night of the nocturne... some people buy or hatch a nocturne for the occasion (i plan to anyway...)

here's my notN hatch... a handsome fellow, but doesnt fit my NotN history, so dunno what imma do... anybody wanna trade me a female for him??

my row of NotN dergs:

Utoq8BR.png

Last edited:
here's my notN hatch... a handsome fellow, but doesnt fit my NotN history, so dunno what imma do... anybody wanna trade??

my row of NotN dergs:

Utoq8BR.png

I would absolutely trade for that if you like my purple weirdo

I also just got another egg from a chest... do I or do I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back