• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

they are not the same...

Rasha

Antisocial
Bells
Switch
2831-9285-1902
Isabelle
Lobo
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Jingle Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
this might sound extremely silly and I'm not sure how to explain this...
when I first bought ACNL I had Wolfgang as a starter and fell in love with him (he instantly became my no.1 dreamie and still is) but after playing the game for a month I thought I should restart my game so I deleted all my data and started again from scratch, when I restarted I bought Wolfgang from someone and kept him for months, I really love him but for some reason not in the same way I liked the one in my previous town. also my friend has Wolfgang and for some reason I find him cuter than mine. so to me, when I sell or void a villager and get him again later, it feels like a different character (and no it's not because of the friendship level thing because I had them both reach high friendship levels) which is weird and unexplainable. am I the only one? maybe I'm just crazy :p

No, you're not alone. Henry left me, and I managed to get him again but it just wasn't the same! The old Henry had a silly catchphrase, gave me a nickname , wore a custom design shirt and always tried to sell me his toilet whenever I visited his house. New Henry didn't which was the reason i reset!

No i feel you so hard on this one..i'm going to start cycling for Pietro back but i'm upset because it's not my original Pietro who is with a user on the site (whom i noticed deleted me..). He was my first move in back in my old town and he plotted bad here so i let him go and i regret it :( it's just not the same.

so I'm not the only one :p

for some reason the Wolfgang in my old town was calm and just adorable, the other one was hard to get into because he was ignoring me and would not say anything interesting (well until one day he came and called me awesome out of a sudden lol)....

I've never had that happen to me but I would more than likely feel the exact same way. It's just not the same. That one specific villager you had before will never come back, having them again just feels like having a clone and not the actual deal. It's sad to think of it that way but that's pretty much how it is. For this reason, whenever I lose a dreamie, I don't cycle them back. I just choose the next best thing and deal with it.

I've never had that happen to me but I would more than likely feel the exact same way. It's just not the same. That one specific villager you had before will never come back, having them again just feels like having a clone and not the actual deal. It's sad to think of it that way but that's pretty much how it is. For this reason, whenever I lose a dreamie, I don't cycle them back. I just choose the next best thing and deal with it.

the funny thing is, when I meet with that specific villager after he goes to someone else's town, I'm like heeey buddy long time no see. but when I meet the same villager in a town and he's not the one I had, it really feels like a different person/character

the funny thing is, when I meet with that specific villager after he goes to someone else's town, I'm like heeey buddy long time no see. but when I meet the same villager in a town and he's not the one I had, it really feels like a different person/character

I know, right? When Bam moved away from my town I saw him in a dream town. I talked to him and he was just... different. He didn't even remember me or anything. I know that the dream conversations are limited but it still felt weird and not like Bam at all.

This is definitely true, I got lucky and had it happen the opposite way once too though, I had shep in my original town and he was great, don't get me wrong, but my current shep is actually better!
Wolfgang was my absolute bestie in the first town I had him in though, and when he came in as a random in my current town he just wasn't as charismatic as he had been previously, I let him go almost as soon as he asked because he just didn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling... Its likely got something to do with the roulette of villager personality, they don't all say the exact same things even within the same personality type, maybe we just tend to end up with a different alignment of the traits and because its not the one we remember it feels wrong?

Yep, I get this too! I have Marshal twice, once in my main town where I got him from a trade and one in my cycling town where he was an original villager... the Marshal in my main town is cute and funny and I adore him, but I really don't like the other one at all, he is just... wrong... and he refuses to move out so I just dislike him even more >.<

It's like there are 8 personality types, but there are different degrees of each personality. Some are toned down and some are hardcore. For example, I had Scoot (a jock) in my town when I first started. He was Super Jock: all sports all the time. He left and Boone moved in and is my current jock. He doesn't talk about sports nearly as much as Scoot. He's more relaxed and I like his attitude sooo much more!

It's like there are 8 personality types, but there are different degrees of each personality. Some are toned down and some are hardcore. For example, I had Scoot (a jock) in my town when I first started. He was Super Jock: all sports all the time. He left and Boone moved in and is my current jock. He doesn't talk about sports nearly as much as Scoot. He's more relaxed and I like his attitude sooo much more!

to me it's really not like that. even if the Wolfgang I got later acted the same way as the old one, I just can't view him as being the same one but rather as another Wolfgang. it doesn't have to do anything with personality, friendship level or behavior. it really just feels like a different character. maybe it's a mental thing :p

I had the exact same experience with Molly :c Worst thing it, my friend (Who never plays on his copy) Got her from my void, as I was moving stuff to restart! But as he NEVER plays it, it means I will miss her if she moves out and not get her back :( (Plus I have her in my town now so I'd have to do a 16 villager cycle...)

This happened with Beau. I got him in my town before I reset and he was a starting villager in my new town, but he just wasn't as cute in my new town or something. So I let him move out. I'm afraid it's going to happen with Frita too :(

I had Rudy as a starter once, and he was so great. Fantastic, really. I really liked and enjoyed him.
I ended up resetting that town and found another town with Rudy as a starter, but it wasn't the same.
He wasn't as talkative. He didn't even act like the first Rudy. It's hard to explain...he just wasn't the same as the first.
You get what I mean, but you are definitely not alone in this, as you've seen already.
I'm hoping if I find another town with Croque as a starter, that he'll be just as great and the first Croque I encountered...
Otherwise, I'm going to be pretty upset.

Back