• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Time Travel question

daiyuflower

Bells
So my husband just started his own town, and we're both new to the mechanics of time traveling. We're trying to keep the game from automatically moving villagers in until he gets all his dreamies. Because he started the game two days ago, I think he may get a random move in today. He hasn't logged in today yet, so if we set the clock back one day, will this prevent a move in? Or will that just count as moving forward one day and we'll still get the random? We are hoping to invite Stitches in today, so we don't want anything that would interfere with that.

Thanks much!

However far you time travel back it will always only count as one day. It stitches is set to move in then no one else can until he has

Last edited:
However far you time travel back it will always only count as one day. It stitches is set to move in then no one else can until he has

So even if we haven't started up the game yet for today, if we set the clock back it will still count as one day forward?

no. the new day starts at 6 am. for example, if it was 2.28 am on feb 12, you can go back to feb 11 safely at any time. if its like 8.46 am on feb 12, you would have passed the 6 am point and so going back to feb 11 would be a new day.
if its past 6 am on feb 12 but you have NOT loaded the game at all yet, you can go to feb 11 at any time safely.

Or you could make a new character and check. Just like when you plot reset for a villager.

Don't load the game on mayor or other characters. Just click on new save file, and go around the town and check if there's any house plots. If there is, quit without saving. If there's not, you can talk to isabelle & Tom to build a tent so you can save.. Then delete that character afterwards and play through the day.

Thanks everyone ^_^ I loaded up a new save file and we found that Frita had plotted, which works out because he actually wanted Frita. He's been so lucky--his starting villagers included Maple and Cheri!

If it makes it easier he should, with patience, be able to plot reset for both his smug villager and any villager of whatever other type he doesn't already have but may want.
For instance I started a new town and it had a normal, a peppy, a snooty, a cranky and a jock. So the next day I reset knowing that each plot would be either a smug, a lazy or an uchi. I spent a few hours and finally got my uchi, the next day she moved in, the next day I reset looking for my chosen smug or lazy and got my smug after a number of resets. The next day he moved in and then the day after that I reset for my lazy. I'm a glutton for punishment so I also reset on the next move in day for one more dreamie and got the snooty that I wanted, so including the normal from my original 5 that I want to keep I had 5 out of 10 dreamies without having to pay a cent or arrange a trade.
If he has some patience it is totally worth it.
Obviously if he doesn't want one of the personalities then this gets skewed somewhat though.

If it makes it easier he should, with patience, be able to plot reset for both his smug villager and any villager of whatever other type he doesn't already have but may want.
For instance I started a new town and it had a normal, a peppy, a snooty, a cranky and a jock. So the next day I reset knowing that each plot would be either a smug, a lazy or an uchi. I spent a few hours and finally got my uchi, the next day she moved in, the next day I reset looking for my chosen smug or lazy and got my smug after a number of resets. The next day he moved in and then the day after that I reset for my lazy. I'm a glutton for punishment so I also reset on the next move in day for one more dreamie and got the snooty that I wanted, so including the normal from my original 5 that I want to keep I had 5 out of 10 dreamies without having to pay a cent or arrange a trade.
If he has some patience it is totally worth it.
Obviously if he doesn't want one of the personalities then this gets skewed somewhat though.
Thank you! That's really helpful! I wish I had thought to reset for villagers when I started my own game ^_^ Would have made getting dreamies so much easier!

Back