• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Horror Town Story Ideas?

Cherry-Blossoms

Galactic
Bells
Hot Feather
Cool Feather
Glam Feather
Green Feather
I really want to make a horror town in my alt/cycling town, but I have no idea of a good story behind it. Any ideas? There are 3 female and one male characher in that town

You could theme it after a scary movie.

Friday The 13th. The town could be foresty with cabins and a sign that says "camp Crystal Lake. There is a hockey mask and moldy shirt that could be placed on a manniquin.And of course the axe should be used.

The Shining- You could make the hotel, and use bushes to make a maze.

The living dead. Not sure how I would do this one, but a Zombie town would be fun.

Psycho. You could make the Bates Motel.

Frankenstien.

Anyway, this was just a few I thought of real quick. If you go with a made up story, then I think it would be nice to make it easy to understand. I see so many people create these crazy story lines and expect people to understand what it's about. I really like that Japanese town with the paintings and doll. It's very well done, and easy to figure out.

Good luck on your town. I hope you share the dream code when it's finished. I love creepy towns.

I'm playing with the idea of having an alt town (eventually) that's about a mad scientist who's experimenting on the townspeople of wherever and turned them into human/animal hybrids. Including lab equipment, too-happy villagers (who knows what will happen if they aren't), and the last remaining humans who are desperate to escape, but can't. And the mad scientist lab is hidden away in some nook of the town so you're encouraged to follow a set path that gives you more and more clues until you have the big reveal.

Or something. I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it, so feel free to steal the idea. >->

This might sound cheesey and dumb but I've always thought an evil Gyroid town would be cool. Like, make it themed to tell a story of the gyroids' uprising. Having them buried in one spot, and put them in houses to maybe where they're growing more and more bloodthirsty, idk. One particular room idea is having a poltergoid facing the back of the wall in the very back corner. Spoopy.

How about a town wherein Marshal has manipulated all the villagers into liking him, and the mayor is the only one whose heart is pure enough to block the spell?

Town Name: N.M.R (to stand for New Marshal Republic)
Designs: Marshal-centric designs (including Anti-Isabelle signs)
Catchphrases: Stuff like "I <3 Marshal" (to further cement the brainwashing)
Other: You should have four humans, 3 of which have "Marshal is Love", "Marshal is Life", and "Down with Isabelle" as their comments and Marshal-centric homes. The mayor's name should be Caroline, and her comment should be "This isn't right...". Marshal should be in this town, and he should have the catchphrase "OBEY". Caroline's house should be a lab (a clean, white lab) where various machines are, including a dirty basement where the desks are cluttered with research on Marshal's dark magic, because she's trying to invent a mysterious ray gun that will reverse the spell's effects. Every villager should have Space K.K. in their house. You should borrow the path and some other designs from this Dream Address: 3700-2069-4814.

It's a dark parody of how people seem to fawn over Marshal, and Caroline should be an expy of me: Glasses, hair color, the whole shebang.

What if the dreamer was the murderer and killed people in his/her sleep? Drop a pair of clothes at the town plaza. Make a path that goes through the houses in sequential order. At the last house, make it a single room with only a fancy frame and an axe in front of it. Make the frame have a picture of a person wearing the exact same clothes you left at the plaza while holding an axe.

Back