How do you feel about the popularity of your villagers?

I very rarely look at the tier list, I don't care much for it. I like who I like, and it doesn't matter to me if they're popular or not, and I'd never be ashamed to have lower tier villagers (of which I have 8!).

I also don't have an opinion on who has what villagers in their town, it's totally that person's choice and if it's full of tier 1s and 2s, good for them if that's what they want :)

Last edited:
I didn't choose my villagers based on the list, i chose them because they appealed to me and it was a coincidence that some of them were more popular. Chevre, my lone tier 5, will always be one of my favorites tied with Sprinkle, who recently rose to tier 2 after being in tier 3 a while.

The only times popularity plays a factor in my villagers and how much I like them is with regards to cycling (obviously I'm usually looking to get higher tiered villagers in my cycle towns because I make more profit from them...) and the dream suite. I adore villagers in every tier especially since I've been playing a long time (all u.s. versions) and have gotten fond of villagers over that time and their popularity with others was never a factor. But when I decide I want a villager who happens to be popular it is a little irritating seeing them in every dream I visit, it gets rather boring since I like visiting dreams specifically to see something different than in my town, so it makes me less interested in keeping super popular villagers unless they are an ultimate dreamie or have something to do with a theme I'm going for. I've had the top tier, I've had tons of the bottom tier and everywhere in between, and really they're all basically the same, sure, some are more appealing to the eyes than others, and there are slight variations in what they say, but there are tons of amazing villagers in tier 5 that don't get nearly the recognition they deserve.

I don't care about the Tiers in and of themselves. I pick my villagers based on whether I like their design/theme or whether they are cute ^_^ To the extent I have any popular ones, it's just because I like them. I don't pick villagers just because they are popular.

I pick my villagers on design and just theme, but then I test run them in my town and if they lose their luster I let em go... its a mix of all tiers, I love Julian and Zucker, but I really am baffled by why no one likes Bettina and Timbra better! Timbra has such swag and Bettina is adorable and reminds me of a shiny pikachu lol

Honestly, I have mixed feelings. I adore a lot of tier 4 and 5 villagers, which means they're cheap and generally not very highly sought after, but that also means it's been a butt and a half trying to find them in the first place. Like... I'd stalk all the cycling threads like nobody's business and 90% of the time, the villager I wanted was either on auto-void or had already BEEN AV'd. I'm so lucky to have found and reserved Klaus in a thread before he's had a chance to be auto-voided - even the person running that thread left me a message saying how surprising (and nice!) it was to see him getting love. Thankfully now it's just the waiting game, otherwise I don't think I'd ever catch him at all.

I've had some upper tier villagers who I thought were my dreamies but it ended up being mostly hype. The only Tier 1 villager I absolutely adore is Rosie, and I accidentally TT'd her away while trying to get Pashmina back (though ultimately I lost Pashmina again for the SECOND TIME. orz) but I still see her cute little face on Main Street so I don't feel too bad about it.

When I started my game in December, I had Sprinkle and Genji as some of my starting villagers, I was unaware how "popular" they were though. I then joined this forum and saw the tier list and thought it was cool that I had some villagers in the higher tiers but I also had villagers in lower tiers and I still loved them the same! I keep villagers based on how cute they are/match to my town and their personalities. I guess it's just a bonus that I've had good luck with my campsite (recieved Flurry and Skye!) I also have Rosie now and I'm thinking on keeping her as she's just so adorable c:

Last edited:
I just really really like how some look, honestly. The tiers and popularity flew past my mind about them o: v wv~ Carmen and Pashmina are so adorable and they're like tier 3/4?? so what- it doesnt matter to me as long as they're adorable. my town is literally filled with tier 1 / 2 but I just think that they're adorable-- if I havent said that enough already ; A ;

though I did kinda get excited over Rosie, and had her for a while through plot resetting. but then I realized that it was just hype because everyone else wanted her, then IMO I realized she was terrible oops.

I don't really pay all that much attention to the tiers. Then again, I don't have any permanent residents or dreamies either.

Most of my villagers are pretty high tier. But I like them on personality (Excluding Marshal? he's the back burner in the smugs). It's surprising I got all of them for free (Excluding Purrl and Mira).

I only have one fairly popular villager, which is Ribbot (who I don't really like all that much) and the rest are bottom tier. I still really like all my "unpopular" villagers. Diva, Grizzly and Sydney have to be my favorites though. Their faces just match them perfectly.

I like who I like. All my villagers are important to me.

I have a few higher-tier villagers: Julian, Diana, and Fang
Some mid-tiers: Deidre, Lobo, and Roscoe
Several low-tiers: Rasher, Klaus, Rodeo, and Mott

My favorite villager in my town is Rasher, with Julian as a close second.

I didn't even have to work too hard to get my popular villagers. Julian and Fang moved in from the campsite and Diana's plot showed up in a perfect place while I was plot-resetting for a snooty.

Last edited:
I don't really care about popularity, but I find that my favourite villagers are generally very unpopular. Guess that means I get them all to myself >:3 (well almost)

I don't really care or pay much attention. If I like them, I like them no matter what tier they are. Plus, the tier lists aren't official or anything.

If anything it's nice having low tier villagers because not everyone and their mom has them and because they're cheaper to get. xD

Back