• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you feel about the popularity of your villagers?

elle7

Katie
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Blue Feather
I was wondering what other peoples view is on their villagers "popularity"? Do you absolutely love any of your villagers that are tier 5 on TBT Popularity List? Do you have a really mixed bunch of villagers from all tiers, or just have them from one or two?

I just restarted on Saturday, and all my villagers are just still the villagers you start with, and the ones who move in straight after. I find it funny that they are all tier 5, except for Beau, who is #1 on there at the moment. :p

The only one I wouldn't want to see go straight away out of my tier 5 bunch is Rory. I don't often care too much about the Jocks, but he's great. :D

Most of my villagers are tier 4 and 5, excluding Zucker, who is tier 1. My favorite villagers have been Peanut, Graham, Teddy and Walker, all of which come from tier 4 and 5 (and Peanut from tier 3)

Hmm, most of my villagers are fairly popular (bar Hazel, Dotty and Bluebear), but I like all of them for their cuteness, rather than what tier they are in :)

Last edited:
I had never looked at what tier my villagers fell into. I have two tier one villagers (Stitches and Zucker), Rolf is a tier three, Savannah tier four and the rest are fives. I thought Lyman (T5) would be much higher, he's really cute.

Stitches was one of my original five. I've always thought he was really cute, but never wanted to pay the bells for him. I totally get the appeal though. He's going to be in my town for a long time. :)

I didn't really care about the popularity of my villagers when they moved in. All I really wanted was all the personalities to be in my town.

All except two of my villagers are either high tier two/three or tier one. Personally, I have my own reasons for having and liking my villagers despite their popularity. Only two of my tier one villagers I actually went to lengths to move in (one from the campsite, the other from a cycling board) The rest all moved in randomly.

All of my villagers moved in randomly or were adopted via my campsite. I love all of my villagers and I don't care who is popular or who isn't. In my town, I'd choose Tabby over Marshal any day.

Honestly, I don't like seeing my villagers in "tiers" or something. I just chose the ones I liked most (simple designs with natural palettes) but most of them just happened to be in "tier 1".. but I still love them all though :cool:

I have no idea what tiers my villagers are in xD If I find they look cute and act cute or cool I will keep them :D

My first two towns have the same villagers that I started with. I have really grown to like them. They are all tier 5 except Molly.

I decided to adopt unwanted free villagers in my Critters town. This was a lot of fun, because I got to meet some cool tier 5's that I had never met before. I discovered how adorable Pudge and Anicotti were. Tangy is the highest tier in that town.

My other two towns I decided to go for certain species. I'm so glad I chose hamsters and dogs. Most are tier 5, but I am very happy to have them.

Tiers don't matter to me, I like villagers that I am personally drawn to: simple and sharing a strong resemblance to their real
Life counterpart. I absolutely love my little beau who is number one in tier one at the moment, but at the same time I can't live without pierce, grizzly, and Annalise, all in tier 5! I like my villagers to look like actual animals, not about tiers or how popular they are.

I don't really pay much attention to how popular my villagers are. If I like them I will keep them, regardless of their tier.

I dont really care what tier is in my town. I let the villagers that I like the least go to keep my town new. Some of my favorite villagers are probably of a higher tier (Wolfgang, Fang, and Chief) but they were my favorites before I discovered the tier. I only consider the ranking if a villager is moving that I can get bells for. :)

Tiers don't really matter to me. The list is updated pretty frequently and lots of my villagers have moved up in rank which I'm happy for since they are finally getting recognized, but originally I chose them not for their popularity and more for their design and personality. I wanted every personality in my town and so thats how my town turned out to be the way it is pretty much.

Many of my villagers are pretty high tiered but I didn't know they were until like a few weeks later when I joined this site. I don't like them because of their high tiers but because of how nice they are to me and how cute they look :)

When I found TBT I had no idea about tiers! My highest was Katt in T4 and I was really surprised because I love my villagers! Cally & Bonbon are my BF's... I also loved Mott & Derwin and Frank... none of which are highly ranked.

The first T1 I got was Marshal, and that was only because someone wanted my Mott and had him to trade... I now have Lucky and Ankha, Lucky was a giveaway and Ankha came via my cycling town... I don't like them any better or worse because of their rank, in fact I still spend more time talking to Bonbon than either of them... Marshal I love though, that guy is wicked cool!

I never payed attention or cared about the popularity of my villagers when I picked them out. I love all of them the same, tier 4 or tier 1. Well, to be precise, I love them all differently... But NOT because of their popularity. Heck, I love tier 4 Goldie more than tier 2 Flurry.

Last edited:
Higher tier villagers are cuter design-wise though, so I was pretty drawn to some of them before I got to see the list. Soleil is my absolute favorite from Tier 5 !! Cyrano too (but I'll probably void/give him away someday) anddd that's about it for my town's unexpected Tier 5 faves. Apparently, Phoebe is in Tier 2?? But she's just....ok, lol.

I have two Tier 1 villagers, Lolly and Lucky. I started paying attention to tiers because my friend told me that Lolly was pretty popular so it would be possible to trade/auction her off someday. This was prior to joining the forum so after she said that I got curious and looked it up :p

Back