Story of Seasons! <3

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I might have a copy of Animal Parade or Tree of Tranquility (maybe both?) on Wii... I'll have to dig out my collection and check. I am definitely interested in giving Story of Seasons a shot. Perhaps I'll wait a bit for NA reviews to pop up.
Harvest Moon was one of the series I really enjoyed as a kid. ^^

I agree Harvest Moon is a great series for kids and adults alike. Each game have fun yet relaxing and memorable gameplay and the world is always fun to explore you can't go wrong really. I'm just surprised that Harvest Moon isn't more popular than it is. (I'm not saying it isn't popular though cause it sure is!)

Last edited:
First time really looking into it, and to me it looks like a cross between Fantasy Life (art style) and Harvest Moon (gameplay).

Wishlisted for later purchase, but not a priority right now.

My priorities right now are Smash Wii U, Harvest Moon Animal Prade for Wii (which is in the mail), and of course SOS! ^.^ My birthday is soon so it should be ok to get a couple of games right? Plus Animal Prarade only costed me about $20 including shipping so not bad.

My priorities right now are Smash Wii U, Harvest Moon Animal Prade for Wii (which is in the mail), and of course SOS! ^.^ My birthday is soon so it should be ok to get a couple of games right? Plus Animal Prarade only costed me about $20 including shipping so not bad.

Haven't heard of that Harvest Moon xD

Last edited:
One more week guys!

SOS hype! I'm so excited! Curious to see which I'll get first Animal Parade in the mail or SOS off the eshop at release! I'm gonna be swamped in Harvest Moon haha. ^.^

Last edited:
Ok, problem.

I was soooo excited about this game. Then I decided to get ANB and try it out first, to kind of get into the series. And I played that for a couple of months and loved it.

Now I just went back and looked at a gameplay of SOS on youtube...and :( IDK. It just looks exactly like ANB, with much cuter characters.

I'm kind of sad. Because I feel like I should have just waited for SOS.

I need to get hyped again, or I may not get SOS. I just really need reasons to justify spending the time and money on it.

Ok, problem.

I was soooo excited about this game. Then I decided to get ANB and try it out first, to kind of get into the series. And I played that for a couple of months and loved it.

Now I just went back and looked at a gameplay of SOS on youtube...and :( IDK. It just looks exactly like ANB, with much cuter characters.

This is why I'm kind of skeptical about getting the game. I really disliked ANB and I'm afraid I'll dislike SOS if it's like ANB. I decided I'm going to wait and see how people feel about SOS after it releases and then decide if I want a copy. Or I'll want to decide for myself and wait for a price drop on the game and then get it.

I'm definitely not getting it at full price :p

omg actually so hyped for the release!! Harvest Moon MFoMT was my childhood lol so definitely looking forward to this new game omggg

Does anyone have their farm name picked out yet? I am curious what other people are coming up with.

6 characters is really limiting (I could think of so many more that are longer), but there are two that I have been possibly thinking of.. Fleur or Bateau.

Last edited:
Seeing this made me quite excited, but there's no info nor confirmation that it will be compatible with the European 3DS. So, it's still a case of "wait and see" for those of us who are in Europe. ;_;

Does anyone have their farm name picked out yet? I am curious what other people are coming up with.

6 characters is really limiting (I could think of so many more that are longer), but there are two that I have been possibly thinking of.. Fleur or Bateau.

6 characters???? Is that a joke? Sheesh, why do they keep shortening the character limit?

Lol 6? That leaves little room for creativity.

Oh, so you're learning to be a nurse? That's awesome.^^ Really nice name. Have you gotten the cow yet?
And nope, not yet. The past couple days have been way too busy for me to get the wii set up and have time to relax.XD I might try to get around to it tonight. I have no idea what to name anything though haha. A squirrel would be interesting. I was thinking about the rabbit and maybe trying for the weasel this time around.

The levels in older games' mines was fun.:D That's what I usually did in the game on rainy days when I had extra time from not having to water the crops. It would be great if they did bring it back. I always find myself focusing more on foraging/mining and taking care of the animals more than I usually like farming.

Ah! quite sorry for late reply, I didn't see this! ;w;

Though yes~ slightly... I just want to know medical in case anything happens really, I'm still really uncertain about my career path in life, but I wouldn't mind using my knowledge to be a nurse or doctor. ^^

I MISSED THE COW;; I totally forgot about it when I started my new game and missed out because I bought a cow...;; I feel so bad right now, I wanted the black or brown cow and like now I need to mate my cow to do it..

I ended up naming my cow 'Ghoul' though, but I plan on naming my cow something different after I breed for a different one pff </3
I also have a sheep named Tsumiki~ ah, on the other hand did you ever get around to starting a file?? Ah, however I got the squirrel! I named it Poppy in honour of my favorite ACNL squirrel ^^ and I'm romancing Chase right now because I started to nice he acts creepily like my Fianc?.. so it works out~ ^^ I just hope I won't waver when Gill gets unlocked into my town, because he has a sort of charm about him~

THE MINING IS AMAZING IN ANIMAL PARADE, oh my gosh I forgot just how much I loved the mining system in this game, and I pray that for Story of Seasons they try to implement or there is implemented something like this, it's really fun and honestly one of my favorite things about the game right, I love the farming and animals, but the mines are like the cherry on top because of how fun they can be~ ^^
Though yeah me too, focusing on the foraging and mining is hard not to do. </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I'll use either Candle Farm, Stitch Farm, or maybe Milky Farm? D: though honestly I'm not a fan of only six characters for the name, eep! is that confirmed? because that sounds horrible... ;w;

Seeing this made me quite excited, but there's no info nor confirmation that it will be compatible with the European 3DS. So, it's still a case of "wait and see" for those of us who are in Europe. ;_;

I know what you feel. Game distribution in Europe sucks so much. We haven't got The Lost Valley yet. ;-; The official release date for Story of Seasons isn't even revealed. Instead of waiting FOR THIS FREAKING LONG, I would rather buy myself a new 3DS, a Japanese one perhaps (then I could play Korean games, same with the Japanese ones, it'd help me with improving my Japanese *_*). Or maybe they'll decide not to release it at all or freaking fail like they did with Rune Factory 4 (yes, now it's available but not physically and damn, how long have we waited ._.).
Welp.. Let's stay tuned and hope for the best. We have A New Beginning for now. XD

yeahhh i'm so excited although i won't be able to get it until after summer </3
wasting money in japan > games oops
i hope you guys enjoy it though!! can't wait to read reviews :')

Back