Themed Towns?

plantdroid

boop
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I was wondering what people's opinions were on themed towns and what type of town you're more intrigued towards. What makes a town stand out? What qualities make it greater than any other?

[SUP]Personally I love themed towns even if it's just following by a certain flower color scheme. To me, somewhat messy but still relatively organized towns stand out to me the most because they kind of give off that feeling like you could get lost forever in it's twists and turns. That's probably the reason why Isabelle is always saying that the towns-folk all hate my town because there's so much trash and they feel like they're living on a land fill. But w/e bc I'm happy with the way Skaia turned out.[/SUP]

Towns are kind of like an adventure, you never know what you're going to find​

I love themed towns. And like you, I also like simple ones that follow a certain color, etc. I guess I enjoy towns that are clean and organized. As far as houses go, I like them to be unique. If a town has really great houses, I will dream visit them again and again.

I tend to make my towns kid friendly. They usually have Disney, cartoon, or nursury rhyme characters. I could decorate rooms all day. It'my fave thing to do on this game. That's why I have 5 towns.

Here a few rooms that i've seen in other dreams that I really liked. They were made from movies.

The hotel from " The Shining ".
Friday The 13th.
Gilligan's Island.
Little house on the prairie.
Willy Wonka.
Mary Poppins.
Chuckie Cheese.
And a ton more.

I can find the dream codes for some of these, if you like.

I also visited a town who's theme was white. Everything was white. Even the house interiors. There was a cow farm with a resturaunt that served milk. Really clever.

Shamrock is one of my fave themed towns, too.I just love seeing all the creative towns that people make.

My town is a food themed town! But I like watching videos online of really creepy towns! I'm too scared of visiting though,in case the creator of the video left something out!
EDIT: I also really love the alice in wonderland town! And Nintendos own town is pretty cute!

Last edited:
I'm making a Harry Potter themed town, it's a WIP but i'm almost there, just need to completely houses and add some finishing touches

i really like horror towns. if it's nicely set up and subtle horror especially. i like if they have a story to tell, if you're just putting axes and gory patterns everywhere they're not gonna draw much of my attention.

i also like cute towns, but a lot of them do look the same with the same pinku sugar landscape and villagers which really boring. i find that they have some of the nicest landscapes though, in terms of placement and arrangement moreso than the colour scheme. i really like it when they leave little surprises for people who visit their dream towns as well.

i'm trying to combine those two elements with my town. i'm making it cute, but the resident's houses are gonna leave little upsetting surprises (at least that's my intention).

I didn't really plan out my town to be themed at first or planned at all. I just placed PWPs wherever I thought they looked good/fit. People have been calling my town modern themed though.

Basically, don't follow the norm (unique furniture arrangements, different house exterior pieces, uncommon villagers, unseen paths, etc.) and your town will be one worth remembering.

I love themed towns! They look so beautiful, and I'm really striving to make one of my towns one of those towns where you visit and just go WOW! I'm working on making my town kind of like a fairy forest theme. I'm planting a bunch of cedars mixed in with my fruit trees, and I have flowers absolutely EVERYWHERE all over my town. My house is like a brick castle, and my town hall is the fairy-tale theme. I also give my villagers their own little themed areas around their house. For example, I have Genji in my town, and his house his surrounded by bamboo and white roses to kind of give his house the affect of a bamboo forest. Similarly, I have Phoebe in my town, and her house is surround by red and yellow flowers to compliment her red house.

Themed towns are awesome and a great way to express one's creativity and tastes imo. I'm working on a outer space theme for my town since I personally am amazed by outer space in general. This includes:

-Modern bridges, modern police station, modern renovations, etc.
-Anything illuminated
-Video screen
-Tower
-Solar panel
-Blue hydrangeas everywhere
-Blue roses, purple roses, blue pansies, purple pansies, etc.
-Space themed room, spaceship themed room
-Starry paths
-Satellite

Just things like that that are more modern and advanced. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

I love themed towns! They look so beautiful, and I'm really striving to make one of my towns one of those towns where you visit and just go WOW! I'm working on making my town kind of like a fairy forest theme. I'm planting a bunch of cedars mixed in with my fruit trees, and I have flowers absolutely EVERYWHERE all over my town. My house is like a brick castle, and my town hall is the fairy-tale theme. I also give my villagers their own little themed areas around their house. For example, I have Genji in my town, and his house his surrounded by bamboo and white roses to kind of give his house the affect of a bamboo forest. Similarly, I have Phoebe in my town, and her house is surround by red and yellow flowers to compliment her red house.

Oh that sounds really lovely! I'm definitely going to visit your dream town when my dream suite is unlocked! It's nice that your villagers have themes that fit with them, instead of just having everyone fit the main design of the town :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Themed towns are awesome and a great way to express one's creativity and tastes imo. I'm working on a outer space theme for my town since I personally am amazed by outer space in general. This includes:

-Modern bridges, modern police station, modern renovations, etc.
-Anything illuminated
-Video screen
-Tower
-Solar panel
-Blue hydrangeas everywhere
-Blue roses, purple roses, blue pansies, purple pansies, etc.
-Space themed room, spaceship themed room
-Starry paths
-Satellite

Just things like that that are more modern and advanced. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

That sounds like it will be awesome! I've never really seen any space related towns before, good luck with it!

Gotta love a good themed town!

I got really lucky in mine, both the train station and town hall wound up with a green roof! So I made my player houses have green roofs and mailboxes, and chose tulips for their dark green leaves that stand out better.

Mine is a Vegas parody, but it's still a work-in-progress and will be a making a new character to make it complete. x0D
but yeah, themed towns are really fun to roam through. really shows off other people's creativity with the game.

I love VISITING themed towns but I don't know how much I'd enjoy maintaining one. I have this sinking feeling that one day I'll just cave, buy a second copy of the game and try it with that one so I don't mess up my main; if I don't like it I can use it for cycling or something that way at least.

In starting to landscape I'm having to think more carefully about what I want my town to look like overall, but I don't have enough PWPs yet to even begin to think of a theme. And to be honest, I like the little homey village feel that the default town has; I might just clean it up a bit with paths and whatnot. If I "theme" it, it'll be in a very light way. I've seen beautiful themed towns but I can't help but feel like I'd get sick of it after a while.

themes make towns much more fun bc you have a specific vision for the town and its something to work towards

toy shop has always appealed to me, as well as zen, natural, and tropical

I try to make my main, my OYC, and my future towns as beautiful as it can get. Never planned on making a themed town.

But if I ever did, I would make a Sweets themed town with sweets themed villagers. Or an African Safari with African villagers.

I'm really into building a Sweets themed town.

My towns end up themed even when I'm trying not to do it... My first town I didn't know anything about the game and it ended up being modern/suburban themed, asphalt paths and sidewalks with lots of parks and modern benches and lights and bridges and modern pwp's (cube sculpture, solar panels etc) and modern upgrades. I sadly never saw it to completion because I got stuck with a villager who wouldn't move that was integral to my plan and I ended up scrapping the town after 6 months or so of trying to get him out. I did start a theme town on purpose at one point, it was narnia themed and I kick myself all the time for not setting up a dream address before I stopped working on it (it was not finished either). I reset to get the perfect map for what felt like forever... The plaza had just enough space in front of it for my main house (lucy's/professor Kirke's house, the house the Pevensie children are holing up in where the wardrobe is) so that the town tree could also represent the tree in the garden that Digory Kirke buries the rings under that eventually gets made into the wardrobe. There was a perfect amount of space between the plaza and the non-beach cliff side of the map for a dense forest of cedars and holly bushes that I stuck a street lamp into, and I managed to plot reset Gruff into a house right by there too (for Tumnus), I had obtained ALL the dreamies for the theme that I had planned that all pertained in some way to the series (gruff, elvis, dora, diana, julian, phoebe, leonardo, wolfgang, rasher, and hans) and had them all saying appropriate things, I had the main house to full size and also Edmund's house to full size (the white witch's castle) and had begun to collect statues for it and fill it with ice and regal and princess stuff. I had made paths and was landscaping, but ended up feeling overwhelmed. I cam so far, I really wish I had a way to visit it by dream to see what I had achieved, but that was poor planning on my part :(

My current town has evolved into a zen forest, and my secondary town is going to be very bright and fairy tale based with all drab villagers. I think I'll probably do a european or american forest one OR a zoo type animals one with one of my current cycle towns, and then the other one I may finally do an all dog town as well since I've wanted to for a while. Doing a hard set theme always gets to be too much for me every time I try but Narnia got the closest I've managed to get ever.

I definitely agree that theme towns are the best to visit, and that having, if not a theme, then at least a plan for what you want your town to be like definitely helps when making them and deciding how you want to plot your villager houses and stuff.

Oh, I've had a blast exploring themed towns in the past. I was so inspired by the originality of themed towns that I decided to make one myself. It's a rock and roll/urban theme, which was kind of tricky to execute, but I'm really happy with the way it's turning out. The DA is 4300-5191-0303 if anyone would like to visit (sorry for the plug, had to get the word out about Rock City!). It isn't fully completed yet (especially certain rooms in my mayor's house) but it's pretty close!

Back