What was your childhood game?

I think I had a few. Here are my favorites:

1) Myst. I got this as a birthday gift when I was eight. It was interesting, atmospheric, confusing, beautiful and it scared the living day lights out of me. But I was absolutely hooked. I got Riven when it came out but wasn't able to play it for two years because my computer was too old (it was a pre-PowerPC Mac!); Riven is still my favorite game of all time!

2) Star Wars : Dark Forces. I got this for Christmas the year it came out. I was horrible at it (had to use the invincibility cheat!) and the Darktroopers scared me to death (I guess I was easily scared by video games) but it left such an impression on me. I bought it for PS1 a few years ago and was pretty happy to relive it.

3) Donkey Kong Country 2. Another Christmas gift. Still one of the finest platform ears of all time--right up there with Yoshi's Island. <3

Sorry bout the book-length post. I guess this topic got me all excited and stuff. :p

Animal jam *sigh* played that game from when i was 10-13. I wasted my life on that. My early childhood game was wind waker.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Star Wars Battlefront. Those games were my life. The amount of hours I'd be pinned in front of that xBox. Over 30 different save files on KotOR. I've recently bought the steam versions of the games too. Aren't very stable though, would like to use mods and what not.
Battlefront is probably the only FP-shooter I'll play, and seriously anticipating the 3rd game coming out later this year.

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. It's still my favorite game to-date.

I love this too, bought it again recently on Steam and it still feels great despite its age. I would play the GBA Sonic games for hours too to try to get rare eggs in the chao garden to transfer over to the SA2B on Gamecube.

I have several favourites on different platforms really, there was SA2:Battle on Gamecube as mentioned above because I loved how much "side" content there was with the chao garden, extra missions and stuff.

There was a pretty obscure game on PS2 that myself and my brothers loved too, Sky Odyssey. It was an airplane game which had some difficult levels on it, and you could find secret landing strips to land your plane on which would unlock different planes that you could use. My brothers and I had somehow found out that there was a special jet-plane which you could unlock somehow, so we ended up doing everything we could think of to try and unlock it. I think we might have unlocked it in the end, years after we'd found out about it, but by that time we'd lost interest because we'd unlocked a flying saucer/"UFO" which you could fly which of course was more awesome.

Then there were the Pok?mon games on GBA, Leafgreen and Ruby. I spent ages on them both thinking I would eventually manage to complete the Pokedex despite not knowing anybody else that could help by trading with me with the other two versions... Then I got to the point in Leafgreen where you could trade with Ruby and Sapphire, but a few weeks before that I'd bought the DS, so no trading for me... Then I waited a couple of years for the Pok?mon games on the DS, kept hearing news about them but they never seemed to come out, then I got a PSP so I traded the DS in for some reason... soon after of course, Pearl and Diamond came out. (Still haven 't played Pearl or Diamond.)

Finally, there was the Monster Hunter series which I played on PSP. I spent about 1200 hours on Monster Hunter Freedom 2 which was the first game in the series I played, even at that though, there were still weapons and armour sets that I still wanted to craft but didn't have enough materials. I thought I should probably try Monster Hunter Freedom as well, but I only got about 150 hours out of that, I didn't like it nearly as much. Then shortly after that came Monster Hunter Freedom Unite(2009 I think?), which I played the hell out of, but even then there were still armour sets and weapons that I still wanted from it even when I stopped playing. Now, even though I'm out of my childhood, I've gone back to it again in MH4U, and I'm in love again. :D

I think Pokemon Leafgreen (and eventually Sapphire/Emerald) were my main childhood games. Pokemon ranger and the old trozei I used to play a lot too.

Also Okami, which I think I finished over 10 times in the end, and Kingdom Hearts starting with 2 followed by a partial playthrough of 1, the DS ones, and chain of memories on GBA.

OoT on my neighbor's N64 and the original Guitar Hero on my other neighbor's PlayStation.

The first game I got on my own system was Nintendogs on the DS Lite, and the first games I bought (simultaneously) were Pokemon FireRed GBA and Spyro A New Beginning GBA

It's tough to say....I played a lot of games! Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Contra: Hard Corps, etc. I couldn't really say what played most, memory's a bit iffy.

Zelda, Megaman, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pokemon, Final Fantasy. My big bro introduced me to these. I kinda miss how half of what i listed are not what they used to be. If I had the console and games, I'd definitely play them over the new games that I have right now (except for my zeldas. TLoZ wil always be no.1!)

It's nice to see how much people love Sonic Adventure 2 Battle ;u; I always loved the story and ended up spending too much time in the chao garden, hehe

Back