Obama calls for war vote against isis

I'm not sure how I feel about all this. I've always thought war is wrong, but in this case, we can't just let innocent people die. As humans, I think we have an obligation to help each other, and they need help. We now must suffer the consequences of religion.

Otherwise it's just the blind leading the blind. The US is just trying to force it's own beliefs, thinking that their beliefs are right, on other people, which is hypocritical.

I don't have anything against the US, but it just seems very one sided.
yes, chopping off ppls heads cuz they dont believe in allah and throwing homosexuals off buildings is definitely not wrong. how dare we question their beliefs that lead them to do such things

Exactly, a lot of the issues the world faces now are remnants of the Cold War. ISIS, Al Qaeda, and the Taliban are organizations that stemmed from the conflicts in the Cold War.

If anything right now, it's not so much of the US butting their heads in where it doesn't belong. It's where they're trying to fix the issues that spawned from the Cold War. As you know, the US was a major player in the Cold War
thx for the history lesson. yes the usa ****ed up in afghanistan bcuz they didnt finish the job. they armed the muj and as soon as the soviets were defeated, the us just packed up and left them to it. cue chaos and tribal warfare in the power vacuum that was left in afghanistan

- - - Post Merge - - -

but its ok bcuz while all this is going on and while russia expands its influence in europe, the american president is trying to be hip and cool for buzzfeed. what a complete incompetent in chief, he makes a mockery of his office. no wonder the kremlin dont take america seriously.

yes, chopping off ppls heads cuz they dont believe in allah and throwing homosexuals off buildings is definitely not wrong. how dare we question their beliefs that lead them to do such things

thx for the history lesson. yes the usa ****ed up in afghanistan bcuz they didnt finish the job. they armed the muj and as soon as the soviets were defeated, the us just packed up and left them to it. cue chaos and tribal warfare in the power vacuum that was left in afghanistan

- - - Post Merge - - -

but its ok bcuz while all this is going on and while russia expands its influence in europe, the american president is trying to be hip and cool for buzzfeed. what a complete incompetent in chief, he makes a mockery of his office. no wonder the kremlin dont take america seriously.

r u just saying that because hes black
if so thats racist

Last edited:

yeah and I'd take this as a reason as to why we shouldn't take the russians seriously like come on

a joke like calm down russia

ISIS needs to be eliminated.. The world needs to come together to exterminate that cancer.

This reminds me of a tweet I saw...

Obama steps to the podium, wind teasing his long beautiful hair. "When I'm done with ISIS they're gonna be called WASWAS!" *reporters riot*

— Slam Squat-Thrust (@Gre_Gone) September 11, 2014

I think the US needs to fix its own problems before trying to help anyone else. Otherwise it's just the blind leading the blind. The US is just trying to force it's own beliefs, thinking that their beliefs are right, on other people, which is hypocritical.

"Oh you are going to have freedom, but you are going to do it our way!" is what I think whenever the US tries to engage in foreign conflicts. The Cold War? It's just Soviets trying to fix the economy after WWII through communism. "You aren't doing it right! We are shutting you down!" -US

I don't have anything against the US, but it just seems very one sided.

So you rather have innocents die than have our forces take them out? Last time I checked, we had the greatest military in the world. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be either living under a rock or just plain stupid.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I personally think that ISIS is a major threat to the world and should be dealt with immediately. I don't see why Obama hasn't done this already. They appear to be the next Al Qaeda and kill innocent people. Next they'll try to take out a major landmark. If we must go to war, then let's do it.

Last edited:
I'm all for eliminating isis and all, but we have to stop and think.

What if our soldiers get captured. you see what they do to prisoners

And it's not like we can negotiate for prisoner release.

The pilot from Jordan, his capture and their demand video was released after he was killed.

Not to sound like an ass or anything, but I'm pretty sure soldiers join knowing full well what could happen to them.

Maybe obama should be putting more resources into making mars habitable, so that we can all go live there and isis can have earth. we will be the ones laughing when they get owned by global warming in 1000 years

I'm an atheist and since I've erased religion from my life it's become so clean and pure. I'm against all religions, especially ones that require you to spend the majority of your life on your knees worshipping this apparent "almighty" presence above.

Ever since I got rid of religion in my life, I have noticed a huge amount of weight was lifted from my shoulders. I'm not held back by the idea of "Hey, if I do this then I'm going to ask for forgiveness and if I don't then it's one step closer to going to hell." It's not only that, but I just don't see any logic behind believing in a higher being especially since no evidence has came forward to support such a being.

Should be smooth sailing from now on for you two, eh?

there is never gonna be a world war 3, the only reason world war 2 was called that because world war 1 was a cause of world war 2 (treaty of versailles)

That's a surprisingly interesting idea. With how modern society loves to sensationalize I wonder if whatever comes to be the accepted "World War III" will actually be worthy of the title,

So you rather have innocents die than have our forces take them out? Last time I checked, we had the greatest military in the world. Anyone who thinks otherwise must be either living under a rock or just plain stupid.

Even with an actual ground invasion, the "greatest military in the world" wasn't enough to rout the Taliban from Afghanistan or produce a stable Iraq. Not that I object to military action against IS, just thought I'd point that fact out.

The pilot from Jordan, his capture and their demand video was released after he was killed.
Oh ****, I hadn't heard that before.

u realise not much will change as a result of this

obama has been bombing da'ish thx to the provisions of AUMFs given to bush back in 2001 and 2002 (ie. for his invasion of afghanistan and iraq). this latest action is simply "refreshing" his authorisation for military action

!!!!!!
just more money being spent and more hate 2b spread but w/e obama is so quirky andcool likewow

Back