• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon What was your first pokemon gen?

What Gen was your first game in?

• Gen 1 (Red/Blue/Yellow)

Votes: 66 37.9%
  • Gen 2 (Gold/Silver)

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Gen 3 (FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • Gen 4 (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver)

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • Gen 5 (Black/White/Black 2/White 2)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Gen 6 (X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
I started with Gen 1, and my first game was Pokemon Yellow. It was really cute that Pikachu follows the player:)

Gen 3. I bought a GBA SP while in college along with Leaf Green. I didn't really get into the games until a few years later though.

Gen 3: FireRed. My brother was always the hardcore pokemon fanatic and played all gens except for the newest ones (for 3ds).

I think my favorite was Soulsilver, though.

Last edited:
Gen 1. I was around 6-7 years old when Pok?mon first came to the UK and it was massive at my primary school until they banned it in 2000/01. :(

I played a bit of my brother's Pokemon game on his ds but I can't recall what it was since it was so long ago so I'm going to go with Pokemon x/y as being my first since I can clearly remember playing it haha

Back