Persona 5

YOU CAN BEAT YOUR SWEET BIPPY THAT I'M HYPED.
I'm looking forward to it and especially with the Velvet Room looking like a jail cell.

Have you even played any of the other Persona games or are you going to go off on this one too like you've got a clue?

have you played them?

going by your posts, I'm willing to bet you've just looked at a few images, selective reviews, and maybe a trailer, and decided the games are crap based solely on that

Because of your bad attitude :) And knowing you've not played Neptunia after you tried to attack me over not liking it.

The fact that the MC's Persona is named after Arsene Lupin has me even more hype about this game.

I'm a huge fan of his grandson, Lupin III ;)

Oh yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Everything about it looks spectacular. The theme for the plot hits close to home, too.

The fact that the MC's Persona is named after Arsene Lupin has me even more hype about this game.

I'm a huge fan of his grandson, Lupin III ;)

LMAO Bless you for this post

I might have to bite the bullet and go look up some info about this game, and just hope I don't spoil anything big for myself in the process. I wasn't a huge fan of 3 - it was okay imo - but I adored 4 and I can't wait for 5 aaaaaaah

This might sound stupid but wouldn't it be cool if they named the personas of the other 3 characters the same as Lupin III's comrades? (The anime like Fujiko, etc.) They already have Arsene Lupin (I know it's a different Lupin) and I think it would be really fun.

I know it's stupid so don't flame me. Just sharing a random fun thought here. :p

This might sound stupid but wouldn't it be cool if they named the personas of the other 3 characters the same as Lupin III's comrades? (The anime like Fujiko, etc.) They already have Arsene Lupin (I know it's a different Lupin) and I think it would be really fun.

I know it's stupid so don't flame me. Just sharing a random fun thought here. :p

Fujiko is the love of my life omg. I'd die.

OMG IM SO HYPED! I just started Persona 4 and I love it so far, so I am really excited about this

Oh no! I just realized this game was for Playstations 3 and 4, and I don't want to buy a game system for one game not knowing if any others will come out for it D: Well, I guess I will be reading plots, haha.

happy winter 2014

it was to be expected, but i like everything about the music so far

happy winter 2014

it was to be expected, but i like everything about the music so far

it should be arriving later today for me. but honestly, I'm right now debating on just selling it off, due to how godawful the localization seems to be based off of what I've seen and heard

like how in the hell do you go from the prior recent games being competently done to something that looks like poor quality fansubs I watched a decade ago? or, if you want a modern comparison, TV-Nihon subs. I mean aside from probably something to do with ATLUS' boasting of "having the most translators and editors"

shame, since I *was* looking forward to the game, but I really feel like mucking through it will just leave me frustrated enough to want to throw my controller at the TV. which in that case, if I'm going to be mucking through it either way, I kind of at this point would just rather muck through the Japanese release with my limited knowledge of the language

though regardless, I kinda won't even be able to get to the game for a good few months or so anyways, so I'll just take that time to see if some community script patch happens or otherwise gets announced

Last edited:
it should be arriving later today for me. but honestly, I'm right now debating on just selling it off, due to how godawful the localization seems to be based off of what I've seen and heard

like how in the hell do you go from the prior recent games being competently done to something that looks like poor quality fansubs I watched a decade ago? or, if you want a modern comparison, TV-Nihon subs. I mean aside from probably something to do with ATLUS' boasting of "having the most translators and editors"

shame, since I *was* looking forward to the game, but I really feel like mucking through it will just leave me frustrated enough to want to throw my controller at the TV. which in that case, if I'm going to be mucking through it either way, I kind of at this point would just rather muck through the Japanese release with my limited knowledge of the language

though regardless, I kinda won't even be able to get to the game for a good few months or so anyways, so I'll just take that time to see if some community script patch happens or otherwise gets announced

Is that for both the Japanese and English voices or only the Japanese? I was planning on playing the game with the Japanese voices, but if the subtitles are bad I'll probably settle for English. Unless they both have bad translations.

Is that for both the Japanese and English voices or only the Japanese? I was planning on playing the game with the Japanese voices, but if the subtitles are bad I'll probably settle for English. Unless they both have bad translations.

pretty sure there's only one English localization script, so your choice of audio has no effect on what you'll be reading

Last edited:
pretty sure there's only one English localization script, so your choice of audio has no effect on what you'll be reading

Ah, kind of like with FF15 and NieR: Automata where they just use the English dub subtitles. They always seem off from what they're actually saying in the Japanese dialogue. Although, after playing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment no subtitles will ever look as bad as that.

Still sour about wasting money on Hollow Fragment.

But I gotta say I haven't noticed any translation issues, but I'm not terribly far in right now either.

Ah, kind of like with FF15 and NieR: Automata where they just use the English dub subtitles. They always seem off from what they're actually saying in the Japanese dialogue. Although, after playing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment no subtitles will ever look as bad as that.

was that the game where everyone is obsessed with penetration? because I still can't believe they made a game inspired by chapter 16.5 if so (ps, don't look this up if you don't know what it is people)

But I gotta say I haven't noticed any translation issues, but I'm not terribly far in right now either.

all the stuff I've seen is like actual beginning of game, so uh

either maybe you can ignore it easier, or you're just way too attuned to stilted scripts that word things in such ways that no native english speaker would ever say. which on that note, in addition to my above guess of too many translators and editors being involved, I get the feeling we also have a case of "Japanese people with poor grasp of English being stubbornly controlling". especially given that the original staff were being more hands-on with the overseas releases this time

but I guess it can't be helped that they're serious to kill me

Last edited:
Back