• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Anyone buying Rosalina amiibo?

Rosalina is one that I want. The target near my house is only selling 1 per customer so I guess I have a chance. This just has me nervous because I really want her

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll buy it if I come across one, I'm not going out of my way to find her or paying a lot of money though. Screw that. Kind of a shame since Rosalina is one of the few Amiibo that I wanted on release but shortages and over pricing of current Amiibo has put me off.

Honestly, I pretty much stopped caring about Amiibo not long after they released when I found that they're just not overall that useful at all and their upcoming uses doesn't seem to be changing that. I used my Amiibo's for the first time since release week a few days ago for Hyrule Warriors because "why not" and I just thought "yea, that wasn't worth me moving to pick them up in the first place".

I have Kirby and Yoshi so I'm pretty much fine. If I see any others for characters I like I'll buy them because the figures are nice to have but as I said, I'm not putting in effort or significant money into finding and/or buying them.

Yea, they've been pretty terrible recently with that. I honestly hope it's not done on purpose and that it's just simply 'botched releases' because I would hate to think that they're actually screwing people over this much on purpose.

It's honestly gotten to the point very quickly (within the 2 month's that this trend seems to have really started getting out of hand) that I've just stopped caring and/or getting hyped for anything they release outside of games themselves because I automatically assume that they're going to be severely under stocked and end up being massively over priced, both meaning I have barely any chance of getting it in the first place.

At any rate, they REALLY need to do something to stop places like GAME and GameStop from mugging their customers by overpricing these things and doing stuff such as only making the available by bundling them in an overpriced unnecessary 'offer'. Surely Nintendo have enough power over their products to at least make that possible? It's horrible that GAME is allowed to sell Captain Toad for ?50 when Nintendo themselves set the price at around ?30.

They should make more of them solely to compensate for this.

That man is also an argument for euthanasia. Really, a man that buys a thousand of anything just to ensure that people can't get one because he doesn't like the character and he doesn't want people to enjoy something that he doesn't is simply outrageous. These people should be taken out of society because they're really not doing anything good for it.

The prices they sell them at are ridiculous -.- I wanted villager but I'm not paying $60 for him -.-

Rosalina is one that I want. The target near my house is only selling 1 per customer so I guess I have a chance. This just has me nervous because I really want her

Not gonna lie though, as a Target employee, they really don't actually have any authority to limit you to one per customer. There is no official policy company-wide as far as I'm aware that limits you to one of a certain item person customer, especially during January, when sales are low and they want to drive sales as much as possible.

In any case, if you want Rosalina so much, find out when your local Target opens, call them as soon as you can, and tell them to place DPCI #207-00-5021 on hold. DPCI is Department Product Code Item. It's Target lingo for the item number. Typically your store will hold it until the end of the day. 207-00-5021 is the DPCI for Rosalina, so if you want her on hold, call the store and ask "Do you have this item in stock, I have the DPCI."

Hopefully this helps.

I'm not buying any amiibos at the moment, but Rosalina is my favorite Nintendo character, so I do hope you get it <3

Not gonna lie though, as a Target employee, they really don't actually have any authority to limit you to one per customer. There is no official policy company-wide as far as I'm aware that limits you to one of a certain item person customer, especially during January, when sales are low and they want to drive sales as much as possible.

In any case, if you want Rosalina so much, find out when your local Target opens, call them as soon as you can, and tell them to place DPCI #207-00-5021 on hold. DPCI is Department Product Code Item. It's Target lingo for the item number. Typically your store will hold it until the end of the day. 207-00-5021 is the DPCI for Rosalina, so if you want her on hold, call the store and ask "Do you have this item in stock, I have the DPCI."

Hopefully this helps.
Thanks for the help :3 I went to target earlier today and asked one of the employees and they said that they will not hold or sell more than one rosalina amiibo to a single person. With that being said I'm kinda confused now? I'm just going to go to the store one hour before it opens and hopefully I'm able to get one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not buying any amiibos at the moment, but Rosalina is my favorite Nintendo character, so I do hope you get it <3

Thank you :3 Rosalina is awesome

Thanks for the help :3 I went to target earlier today and asked one of the employees and they said that they will not hold or sell more than one rosalina amiibo to a single person. With that being said I'm kinda confused now? I'm just going to go to the store one hour before it opens and hopefully I'm able to get one.

I mean, granted there IS the unofficial policy among Targets. ASANTS, which stands for All Stores Are Not The Same.

Some stores might temporarily institute a policy such as limiting one rosalina amiibo per person. But it is NOT a company policy. If you truly wanted to, you could raise a fit about it but I wouldn't recommend it since it wouldn't guarantee you that second Rosalina.

This is going to give me bad karma but, if you happen to go into the store, instead of asking the employee in electronics, what you want to is go to one of the wall scanners, shown in the image below, and type in the DPCI and hint enter. It will show you the exact sales floor location, but more importantly, it will also tell you if it is located in the backroom. If it is located in the backroom, there is a 99.999999% chance that it is actually back there. So if the wall scanner says it is in the backroom but the employee says it isn't back there, then raise a fuss if they say it's not in stock because if there's one thing I trust, it's Target's backrooom inventory. They are almost always accurate to that.

scan1.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, granted there IS the unofficial policy among Targets. ASANTS, which stands for All Stores Are Not The Same.

Some stores might temporarily institute a policy such as limiting one rosalina amiibo per person. But it is NOT a company policy. If you truly wanted to, you could raise a fit about it but I wouldn't recommend it since it wouldn't guarantee you that second Rosalina.

This is going to give me bad karma but, if you happen to go into the store, instead of asking the employee in electronics, what you want to is go to one of the wall scanners, shown in the image below, and type in the DPCI and hint enter. It will show you the exact sales floor location, but more importantly, it will also tell you if it is located in the backroom. If it is located in the backroom, there is a 99.999999% chance that it is actually back there. So if the wall scanner says it is in the backroom but the employee says it isn't back there, then raise a fuss if they say it's not in stock because if there's one thing I trust, it's Target's backrooom inventory. They are almost always accurate to that.

scan1.jpg

Tysm for the help I really appreciate it :3

Oath please don't share secrets!!! /s Though like for realies I didn't know about that trick. Does it work with the iPads as well?

I preordered a couple back in December and got them on Jan 23rd. Kept one for myself and I sent the other to someone on here. :)

I preordered a couple back in December and got them on Jan 23rd. Kept one for myself and I sent the other to someone on here. :)

Aww that's awesome :3 I totally spaced out the pre-orders for her ;-; now I'm stuck having to go to the store and run to the amiibo section. I'm kinda nervous. I'll be heartbroken if I don't get one ;-;

Gosh me either I'm like stressing out over it because I really want one of Rosalina ;-; she's like the only one I want out if wave 3. I don't like that they're store exclusive -.-
The weird thing is, none of these "store exclusive" amiibo are store exclusives in the UK... It just seems like Nintendo of America is very weird by announcing store exclusive figures... Nintendo of Europe have not done this at all.

EDIT: I have never paid more than ?12.85 ($19.36) for any amiibo.

Last edited:
I'd like to get my hands on a Rosalina amiibo, because I know how much my sister would love one. I'll probably end up missing out, though.

I'd like to get my hands on a Rosalina amiibo, because I know how much my sister would love one. I'll probably end up missing out, though.

Aww hopefully you get one :3 my store opens in about in hour so I'm getting ready to go ;-;

I'm trying to as she's my number one fave Nintendo character. I'm just glad that the Target closing in Canada issue was fixed. I just wish I knew a release date for us as I have seen no signs of getting it in Canada yet. People at Walmart even said they havent even heard about getting them in yet. :/ Sometimes living in Canada can really suck sometimes oh well. Hopefully we get her within the next few weeks.

Back