• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACNL TIPS & GUIDES!

Meadows

Soon, I will be resting in a field of flowers.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5526-4266-2509
Island
Mizukawa
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Father's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Hello, thank you for viewing this thread. I just wanted to make a thread on some tips and guides for new players or even veterans. These tips can be pretty helpful for anyone. I may add more in the future. Feel free to request guides & tips for me to add so that other people can get some more help.

I would also like to thank the following users for helping add information to this guide.
Rage | FlaaffyTaaffy | Crestedbooka

Here I have a guide for you to guess correctly and get a villagers picture when Blanca comes to town on April First.
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/April_Fool's_Guide
Here are the games you can play when a visitor is in your camp.

Sell Price Game
The camper will have five secret items. The camper will mention each item one at a time. Each time the camper mentions an item, you have the choice to buy that item and end the game. If you don't buy any of the first four items, you have to buy the last one.

Cheap Item Game
The camper will play a random guessing game with you. If you get enough correct guesses, the camper will sell you an item for a low price or give it to you for free. If you don't get enough correct guesses, you have to buy the item at a high price. The guessing games are random, with no way to tell which is the correct choice.

Sell Price Game #2
The camper will want to buy something that you are carrying. If you agree, the camper will play a random guessing game with you. If you get enough correct guesses, the villager will pay you a high price for your item. If you don't get enough correct guesses, the villager will pay you a low price. The guessing games are random, with no way to tell which is the correct choice.

The game goes like this:

They'll begin the conversation by saying:
"Hey hey, you wanna wager your [item] on a round of What Do I Want To Eat?
I give you some hints, and you try to guess what fruit I want to eat right now! You get up to 3 hints!"

When you agree to play, they'll give you the first hint. The game has two variants of questions.

The first one would be like this:

"the fruit that I want to eat is reddish"

? Cherry (don't pick this one)
? Peach (don't pick this one)
? Strawberry <pick this one!
? Grape (never pick this one!)

If you didn't win here, the next hint will always be

"the fruit I want to eat is what I'd call bite-sized"

? Cherry <this one will always be the correct answer.
? Peach
? Grape

THE other variant of question will give you this first hint:
"the fruit I want to eat is not red"

? Apple (NEVER pick this one)
? Banana (don't pick this one)
? Orange (don't pick this one)
? Pear <pick this one!

If you didn't win here, the next hint should be

"if I described the shape of the fruit, I would say it's round"

? Apple
? Banana
? Orange <this one will always be the correct answer.

Visitors will never buy golden or silver tools.
Visitors will never ask to play a game if you don't have:
at least one empty place in your pocket.
at least 5000 bells in your pocket.

Note: This only works when you're creating your character for the first time.
I have provided a link to help you with what face you will have depending on your answers.
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/face-guide/
As you know, you can have up to 4 names on acnl; however you may have noticed you can only have one item customized at a time. However, you may have not of known that the limit of a customized item of 1 only pertains to that character. If you want to customize more than one item you can go to Cyrus and have him customize an item, than you can go on to your other characters and repeat the process, which leaves you with being able of customizing 4 items at once.
Here I have provided an image to help you with finding the correct answer for Gulliver and what item you will get when guessed correctly.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/992d3e641316f2d8d9d09d19e6365960/tumblr_n0l26pPMNA1tp7xvuo1_500.jpg

I have provided an image that will show the the results of flowers being watered next to each other and what hybrids can result from it.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/8e0c71ea4813e4f1c91aca528acd928d/tumblr_n4hhjp8wyw1txfn6ko1_1280.jpg

If you notice, a lot of times the beetles you find will be the common fruit beetle. If you were to use t he rental axe and cut down some all but 1(leaves chances for scarabs and rainbow beetle) (or all), and some of the coconut/banana trees, the chances of finding these rare beetles will increase immensely.

If you have ever noticed, the Golden stag is a lot harder to actually catch. With beetles you're supposed to walk slowly holding the net, however with Golden stags you want to do that but move the circle pad slower than with the other beetles.

Here is a link to all of the medals you can earn through tours.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/faqs/67500#section23

If you were to check your town and you have an unwanted villager like Diva, make sure to talk to every villager you like and make sure no one wants to move out. If a villager doesn't want to move out, time travel back 4 days, make sure someone wants to move. If no ping go back into the future 4 days(the day you were just at) and there's a 99% chance someone will ping, maybe it will be that unwanted purple frog.
Also never hit a villager or be mean to them, they will only stay longer. What you have to do is ignore them.

If you were to place a path you may notice that your path went into the wrong area, for example, your path that you want on the right went to the left. The path you were to place or any design will be placed in the following order.
1st. Under you
2nd. To the Front of were you're facing
3rd. Front Right of were you're facing
4th. Front Left of were you're facing
5th. Back Right of were you're facing
6th. Back Left of were you're facing

I have provided a video that helped me with this and it will explain everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpYUJdmJjg
If you were to go and shake a tree you may find a beehive come and have a ton of bees attack you while you're looking for furniture or bells. There's however a way to prevent those pests from attacking you. If you were to go to the station and open up your gates any chances of bee's automatically become 0%. If you want others to visit, than open up from far away if you have WI-FI, or open up locally for an extremely little chance of anyone visiting. Either way no bee's will sting you.

To get more public work projects, you can either keep laying/destorying a path or you can wait in the water with a wet suit for 5 minutes and the chances of a villager pinging increases.

You may have noticed that when you spend a lot of time on the island your skin gets darker. If you don't wear a hat, spend a lot of time on the island during the day to get a tan. If you don't want a tan, all you have to do is simply wear a hat or go to the island at night.

Ceder trees(pine) can only grow on northern half of town, trust me I hated not knowing why my trees kept dying. lol
When using a silver axe, use your golden axe to cut the tree twice so that you can perserve the life of your silver axe. It will still automatically give you a special stump.

These are the following special stumps you can get and what tree to get them from.
Patterns on non-pine, non-beach tree stumps
Butterfly
Citrus fruit cross-section
Ginko Leaf (Crazy Redd's Logo)
Heart
Triforce
X

Patterns on Pine Tree Stumps Remember these can only be obtained north of your town!
Animal Crossing logo (leaf)
Cat face
Clover (very rare)
Flower
Musical Note (very rare)
Star

If you were to buy out everything from retail and fill it back up with extremly overpriced items, like 500k for a flower, you can prevent villagers from getting random furniture or selling items when you're cycling. If you want to keep them from changing shirts, all you have to do is full fill up the able sisters clothing display with dresses, umbrella, or hats.

Normal — 12 AM - 6 AM
Peppy — 1 AM - 9 AM
Snooty — 2 AM - 9:30 AM
Uchi — 3 AM - 11 AM

Lazy — 11 PM - 9 AM
Jock — 12 AM - 7 AM
Smug — 2 AM - 8:30 AM
Cranky — 4 AM - 10 AM

I would also like to thank the following users for helping add information to this guide.
Rage | FlaaffyTaaffy | Crestedbooka

Last edited:
Omg tysm! That explains why the cedar trees keep dying when I place them around my campsite!

Last edited:
I didn't know they have a special time for sleeping, thanks

no problem

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg tysm! That explains why the cedar trees keep dying when I place them around my campsite!

no problem, after 8 dead cedars I was like screw this. I looked it up to see why cedars would die but saplings would live in same spot.

On the moving one, ignoring makes them stay longer. I've had a villager I ignored and he stayed for a 1 whole year. To this day he's still in my town. To me, I think talking to them a lot will help them move out.

Thank you so much for this!:) I went ahead and looked through for spelling and grammar erroes too!^-^

If you were to check your town and you have an unwanted villager like Diva, make sure to talk to every villager you like and make sure no won wants to move out. If a villager doesn't want to move out, time travel back 4 days, make sure someone wants to move. If no ping go back into the future 4 days(the day you were just at) and there's a 99% chance someone will ping, maybe it will be that unwanted purple frog.
Also never hit a villager or be mean to them, they will only stay longer. What you have to do is ignore them.

See the mistake?

If you were to check your town and you have an unwanted villager like Diva, make sure to talk to every villager you like and make sure no won wants to move out.

How about now?

If you were to check your town and you have an unwanted villager like Diva, make sure to talk to every villager you like and make sure no won wants to move out. If a villager doesn't want to move out, time travel back 4 days, make sure someone wants to move. If no ping go back into the future 4 days(the day you were just at) and there's a 99% chance someone will ping, maybe it will be that unwanted purple frog.

I bolded it.:)

For this: To get more public work projects, you can either keep laying/destroying a path or you can wait in the water with a wet suit for 5 minutes and the chances of a villager pinging increases.

How long do you have to lay and destroy paths for?

For this: To get more public work projects, you can either keep laying/destroying a path or you can wait in the water with a wet suit for 5 minutes and the chances of a villager pinging increases.

How long do you have to lay and destroy paths for?

depends on how much you display, if you were currently to lay it I would say probally 35 path peices or so, or maybe 4-5 minutes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you so much for this!:) I went ahead and looked through for spelling and grammar erroes too!^-^

See the mistake?

If you were to check your town and you have an unwanted villager like Diva, make sure to talk to every villager you like and make sure no won wants to move out.

How about now?

I bolded it.:)
Thanks I will fix that soon, I wrote this at 7:30 am lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

On the moving one, ignoring makes them stay longer. I've had a villager I ignored and he stayed for a 1 whole year. To this day he's still in my town. To me, I think talking to them a lot will help them move out.

no, you talk to them once when they move in and once when they are out of house than you ignore them

Gold x Gold does not produce yellow. That applies to CF and CF only.

I don't see anything about medal farming, I'd find a chart that displays everything.

The hybrid thing wasn't the one I originally wanted, so I am changing now. I was at school so they blocked almost all images...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks guys for the recommendations!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I added an Island Medal spoiler!

I have a lot, lol.

Villager Gender:
When you talk to a villager a speech bubble pops up. Next to it is a nametag. If the nametag is blue, it's a boy. If pink, it's a girl. Special characters have green nametags.

Gulliver Guide:
https://40.media.tumblr.com/992d3e641316f2d8d9d09d19e6365960/tumblr_n0l26pPMNA1tp7xvuo1_500.jpg

April Fools Picture Guide:

Note: I don't know how accurate the april fools guide is.

Keeping Villagers Original:
Buy out everything from retail and fill it back up with way overpriced items. This keeps them from getting random furniture when you're cycling. To keep them from changing shorts, fill up able sisters with dresses, umbrella, or hats.

I have a lot, lol.

Villager Gender:
When you talk to a villager a speech bubble pops up. Next to it is a nametag. If the nametag is blue, it's a boy. If pink, it's a girl. Special characters have green nametags.

Gulliver Guide:

April Fools Picture Guide:

Note: I don't know how accurate the april fools guide is.

Keeping Villagers Original:
Buy out everything from retail and fill it back up with way overpriced items. This keeps them from getting random furniture when you're cycling. To keep them from changing shorts, fill up able sisters with dresses, umbrella, or hats.

Thank you, I will add these to my Tips and Guide!

I have added tips on customizing more than one item at once and a way to prevent bee's when you're shaking trees.

Wow, this is super helpful! thank you cx I'm definitely going to be using some of these tips in the future

Back