• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think of braces?

Arcticfox5

fribbit
Bells
Spring Shamrock
ど
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Togepi Easter Egg
I recently got braces and was wondering what other people thought of braces. I don't mind that much personally (except that the first days were hell). Please be as honest as possible. I won't be offended.

The only fun part about having braces was being able to pick new rubber band colors each time. I don't really like or dislike them, but once when I had the chance to kiss a boy I liked, he said he didn't want to because the braces felt weird. 8th grade me was sad. Whomp whomp!

I really like girls with braces and I actually think I might prefer them to braceless girls XP
It's just personal taste after all, I don't think you should judge somebody just because they have a piece of steel in thier mouth (;

I think they can be quite cute and I didn't mind them on myself either, I was thankful for them to come off though. :p

I have small teeth that look even tinier with big ol brackets on them. It's a good thing I had my braces removed recently.

I had braces for seven years... I had some messed up stuff where they had to put screws in my jawline to realign stuff. It wasn't fun. Having braces never hurt and was never sore or anything like that, but once I had to get one of the screws replaced and the orthodontist messed up and numbed the wrong side and essentially drilled a screw into my jaw with no anesthetics. it was definitely really gd painful but I told him to just go through with it since he already started.

253704_2094639162898_6795436_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had braces for seven years... I had some messed up stuff where they had to put screws in my jawline to realign stuff. It wasn't fun. Having braces never hurt and was never sore or anything like that, but once I had to get one of the screws replaced and the orthodontist messed up and numbed the wrong side and essentially drilled a screw into my jaw with no anesthetics. it was definitely really gd painful but I told him to just go through with it since he already started.

253704_2094639162898_6795436_n.jpg

that's some cannibal corpse stuff right there
ALSO BEAUTIFUL HAIR

Last edited:
I really don't care about whether they have braces or not because I usually just don't notice it.

glad i didn't have them //
i mean if you don't mind them then why does it matter what anyone else thinks. there are tons of people with braces in the world.

I don't notice them on people. I had braces for a couple of years, in grade 7 and 8. I didn't mind them too much. They hella irritated my gums no matter how well I cleaned them, though. My orthodontist always thought I was neglecting cleaning them even though my mum would attest for me. A day or so after getting them off, the swelling in my gums went right down.

Now I have a permanent retainer behind my bottom front teeth, and I'm looking forward to never having to worry about my bottom teeth bunching together like they do in the rest of my family as they age.

i look at ppl with braces with pity bc I remember the pain I went through with 4 years of braces

orthodontist said it wasnt supposed to hurt but nope hurt every time i had them tightened
on the plus side bc they hurt so much I ate a lot less than usual/basically had liquid diets for a while and lost a ton of weight when i had them lol

Most people have or had them nowadays. It's really not something I think twice about.

They are really pretty! (I'm getting them like...next year?) My cousin currently has some and she is really pretty in them. :D

Back