• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What should I do about this? [Friendship whining]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Soda

(he him or they them)
Bells
Winter Mittens
User Title Color Change
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Cake
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Ok, so here's the thing. I had a friend from years ago. Met her through RPing on ACC and we've gotten closer and closer since then. We've mostly RPed together but we'd often talk outside of that and eventually I came to think of her as my closest friend. I could tell her practically anything and trusted her deeply. And a part of me grown to even care for her romantically even though I knew she would never like me that way. I never told her about this.

But that all was cut off suddenly when she PMed me telling me she couldn't stick around for religious reasons. It was a long post but I deleted it because just seeing it made me upset. As soon as I saw this I PMed back. I was livid and tried to talk her out of throwing our friendship.But it didn't matter because she never responded. I was angry and sad at the same time. And remember how I said I never told her about my crush? Well I lied. I told her in my response but I doubt she saw it.

A few months or so later I decide to call her just to talk to her again but no response. I figure I'll just wait because maybe she's busy or something. But I wait a month and nothing. I don't know if she just couldn't get it or if it's something else. Like if she saw my crush admission and she thinks I'm a weirdo and never wants to speak to me again.

So uhh yeah. Half venting and half wanting to know what the fap I should do. I don't think I'm ready to give up on it just yet though...

What else can you do?
I guess you can keep calling her but that won't get you very far.

Unfortunately, this happens with online friends. Sometimes you get super close to them and then they inexplicably disappear.

There isn't really much else you can do. If she doesn't want to respond, she's not going to.

As much as it hurts, you need to leave her alone. Calling and sending pm's will only make it worse. I know this must be hard for you, because she was your friend for so long. Being cut off like that can be hard to deal with. Over time. you will start feeling better, and start missing her less.Sorry that happened to you.

A sad truth about reality is that not everyone can be your friend (or girlfriend) forever. Sometimes, people just have to go down this path and there is no room for you.

Well.. that usually happens with online friends. If she doesn't want to respond, then there's nothing you can do about it.. I think that it wouldn't help if you keep calling her, since she said so herself that she couldn't stay anymore.. especially since its because of religious reasons.

Just leave a message somewhere saying "blah blah blah if you ever decide you want to be friends again blah blah blah" and leave it at that.

Continuously messaging and calling her to no response isn't going to do anything other than her possibly picking up the phone one day due to being sick of the calls to the response of "just f*** off".

As others have said, it's just a thing that happens and there's nothing you can really do about it.

well that's no help.

I don't exactly know what you want if "that's no help" considering it seems pretty clear she's going all out to avoid you. I mean...What exactly do you want me to suggest?

You could always keep messaging them, calling them and maybe move up your game to watching them in their house from outside the bathroom window, sending them gifts such as fingers or ears and other creepy activities. They'll either crumble under the pressure and feel forced to continue the friendship that for whatever reason they wanted to end in the first place, or they'll get a piece of paper that says you legally have to stay away.

If none of the above helps, I suppose you could always kidnap them and keep them chained up in the basement. You'll probably want to remove their lower jaw, their hands and their feet so that they can't run away or call for help, but at least she'll be taking notice of you.

Either way, I guess you win here since you still have her in your life.

Is this what you're getting at? Ways to make her acknowledge you?

well that's no help.

Unless you were referring to something else, I'm pretty sure they're just giving you answers you dislike, and so will I. Let's be honest, starting friendships, let alone relationships online is very difficult, and clearly with such an abrupt disappearance she probably didn't think much of it anyway. I know you aren't ready to give up, but she's not going to reply, I'm afraid. Delaying it is just going to hurt you so much more.

p.s constant messaging is nOT the right way to do it jfc it's so creepy.

Last edited:
Act emotional/suicidal?
Jk
I mean it could work
But

I once was obsessed with someone to the point I got recurring dreams about her and got depressed and let her take over my reality and what not because I met her in real life on a school trip but we were way too shy to say more than "nice shirt" -"thanks" and we lived on seperate parts of the country and we had contact and she was really cool but I was too anxious to meet her and eventually she started to look at me as a fanboy because I was wayyyyy too enthusiastic and yeah we fell apart while I still kept thinking about her as much as I did before and one day I couldn't take it anymore and set her a huge wall of text describing my pathetic feelings and demented obsession for her and how devastated I was and the next day she said something about a heartbreaking message on her twitter (I was stalking her on there) and well she noticed me. A month later I sent her another message about the emotional wreck I was and she replied 2 days later and felt sorry for not caring etc. and yeah.

The point is, acting too dedicated and crying out for their help and attention to someone doesn't always creep them out.
So I advice you to do the same and take half an hour and brainstorm the heck out of your experiences you had with her and assemble a huge message on how you feel and how you wish to get some form of contact with her again in broad detail.

I will probably get hated for being a creep like that, which is a label I can't deny because what happened to me concluded my mental stability, but I'm just here to share my story and help you out in some way because I know how you feel but in a far more worse way.

You can try making some new friends in real life instead of over the internet... Or you could just go hang out with your other friends and forget about them.

Well, since this is obviously just going to be trolling now and nobody's going to actually listen to the first post I'll just lock this. Shouldn't have even posted it at all since it was clear what posting problems on the internet comes to. Ah well, lesson learned. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back