• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Spilled water on macbook air keyboard? RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Literally so pissed at myself right now so any advice is appreciated.

I was walking upstairs with my computer and a glass of water and i tripped and water got onto the keyboard. It did not turn off right away. I quickly flipped the computer upside down to let the water run out and then eventually it powered off as i was drying the water off. Note it was close to dying anyway so i am not sure if the water killed it or the battery naturally died. Maybe 2 inches of water max got into the keyboard/fan. I used a hair dryer to dry the keyboard and fan out and water did seep out of the fan when it was in the tent form. It is now downstairs drying out and when i attempted to charge it, the light was not turning on.

Any advice on what to do next? I am going to the store tomorrow with my mom after dinner to see what we can do and if i killed it or not. I will be paying the repair damage :/ hoping just the magsafe port needs to be replaced
Edit: IT LIVED :) please do not post i am trying to get the thread closed.

Last edited:
It's always been dry rice for me (dropped a couple iPhones in the toilet) like a big zip lock bag of rice but I'd imagine it'd be much harder to get enough rice for a MacBook. But it does work! My phone came back on and didn't have the water damage censors on.

It's always been dry rice for me (dropped a couple iPhones in the toilet) like a big zip lock bag of rice but I'd imagine it'd be much harder to get enough rice for a MacBook. But it does work! My phone came back on and didn't have the water damage censors on.

A hairdryer helped fix my iphone. Im afraid rice will get stuck/make it worse so thats why im against that idea....i'm going to try to power it up before school (ik you're not supposed to :/) oh and sorry to the mods if this is the wrong place for this. I just really need advice right now

Just give it some time? I dropped my phone out in the rain on concrete before. I thought it was totally broken, but when the water dried out and we bought a new battery for it, it started working again!

Just give it some time? I dropped my phone out in the rain on concrete before. I thought it was totally broken, but when the water dried out and we bought a new battery for it, it started working again!

I'm just worried the water killed something huge :/ the only thing that gives me hope is that the screen didnt die immediately..to repair it is probably close to the amount i paid for it

- - - Post Merge - - -

:( yes

If it makes you feel any better I've spilt stuff on my laptop and the worst I've ever had was sticky keys I mean I cleaned it immediately but it never messed it up beyond repair.

I hope you get it fixed!<3 I've dropped a few things in the toilet *Cough* My old 3DS *Cough* Don't question it.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better I've spilt stuff on my laptop and the worst I've ever had was sticky keys I mean I cleaned it immediately but it never messed it up beyond repair.

Since theres cracks for the backlight i bet it got inside...ugh and my mom didnt really care either which pissed me off since i worked a ton this summer for her work so i could buy it for school.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hope you get it fixed!<3 I've dropped a few things in the toilet *Cough* My old 3DS *Cough* Don't question it.

Ill post an update tomorrow when i find out how much i owe apple :/ probably my life savings as of now. Thank you though to everyone who is posting i appreciate it. Im so clumsy. Caotic week...first a near death car accident now killing my macbook.

Since theres cracks for the backlight i bet it got inside...ugh and my mom didnt really care either which pissed me off since i worked a ton this summer for her work so i could buy it for school.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ill post an update tomorrow when i find out how much i owe apple :/ probably my life savings as of now. Thank you though to everyone who is posting i appreciate it. Im so clumsy. Caotic week...first a near death car accident now killing my macbook.

I was drinking something in a can and had my head lean back while my dad was driving and we almost hit a deer. The can would have went straight into my face. Missed the deer by a hair. Not the first time I almost died

Omg I dropped my phone on concrete anyway no outer damage but the insides stopped working so I had to send it to Apple to repair it. Luckily all Apple products come with a one year warranty and they thought it was their defect so it was free but I'd say if you bought it this summer it's should have the warranty still but the water damage may make it $200

Last edited:
I was drinking something in a can and had my head lean back while my dad was driving and we almost hit a deer. The can would have went straight into my face. Missed the deer by a hair. Not the first time I almost died

Omg this mobile tbt is killing me right now. I nearly killed my sister and i when we slid on black ice in my neighborhood when i lost control of my car and we nearly hit another parked car and a tree by an inch. S/o to the lady who helped push my car out after and the angel that pushed me to safety...thought i was dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

Omg I dropped my phone on concrete anyway no outer damage but the insides stopped working so I had to send it to Apple to repair it. Luckily all Apple products come with a one year warranty and they thought it was their defect so it was free but I'd say if you bought it this summer it's should have the warranty still but the water damage may make it $200

Someone had to get their logic board replaced for 700. Im hoping just the magsafe port was fried which i believe is under $200 to fix. No more carrying my macbook around w a glass in my hand

Omg this mobile tbt is killing me right now. I nearly killed my sister and i when we slid on black ice in my neighborhood when i lost control of my car and we nearly hit another parked car and a tree by an inch. S/o to the lady who helped push my car out after and the angel that pushed me to safety...thought i was dead

- - - Post Merge - - -

Someone had to get their logic board replaced for 700. Im hoping just the magsafe port was fried which i believe is under $200 to fix. No more carrying my macbook around w a glass in my hand

When my father was 20 something he slid on the hill leading to our house and there's a brick fence thing, so he slid and was halfway hanging off the thing. The fire department had to come get him lol. They still haven't fixed that thing.

When my father was 20 something he slid on the hill leading to our house and there's a brick fence thing, so he slid and was halfway hanging off the thing. The fire department had to come get him lol. They still haven't fixed that thing.

I literally broke down crying on my way home since i was dropping her off at drama...i felt terrible the rest of the day. Heck i still have trouble driving now and i take turns a good 10 miles an hour :/ also wet spots i do maybe 5

I literally broke down crying on my way home since i was dropping her off at drama...i felt terrible the rest of the day. Heck i still have trouble driving now and i take turns a good 10 miles an hour :/ also wet spots i do maybe 5

I would be the same, I don't wanna go crash into a tree while driving (I don't drive too young).

I would be the same, I don't wanna go crash into a tree while driving (I don't drive too young).

I'm 17 so i've had my license a year but this is my first time really handling a Michigan Winter driving and it's really bad. Thank god our school is literally 2 feet from our sub but i had to keep my cool when she was with me because i knew i scared her to death..okay anyway back to my macbook lol. I dont want this thread shut down i need advice

- - - Post Merge - - -

My macbook is under warranty until july of this year so i know that. I know water isn't covered but im wondering if i can save it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back