Can I ask you guys a question?

I'd say give the guy a second chance! There must have been a reason you agreed to go out with him in the first place?

If he says he wants to go out again, then he can't have been as bored as you imagine. He could've just been nervous or at a loss on how to progress the conversation. First dates can be insanely awkward. If that's the case, then that's going to directly (and negatively) impact the atmosphere. If you feel like someone's been bored/disinterested with you, of course you're not going to want to kiss them at the end of the date even if you are attracted to them. It could be you're putting too much emphasis on this one meeting and letting it cloud your overall impression of him.

If the idea of a second date is too off-putting then I'd suggest at least talking about what happened with him and see how he felt about it: maybe he'll agree with you there's nothing there; maybe he was unaware he was giving off that impression. If all goes well, see if a second date goes any better. Or, if you still feel the same way after, then I'd say that's the time where you should be considering if it's time to end it.

II kinda sometimes wonder if I'm asexual? But then, I still get horny and I like guys, but I just idk... I can't have sex or be intimate at all unless I'm in love, otherwise I feel /nothing/

Honestly, I went through the same thing for years: awkward romantic/sexual encounters and even a two-year relationship where it just didn't seem as if felt like it was supposed to. I was pretty certain I was asexual. It's clich? to say it, but for me at least, it really was a case of not meeting the right person(s) - I don't mean "the one", and it wasn't love, but just someone it felt right with.

#1 tip: Don't ignore him. Been there, done that recently and it's not the best route to go down. =P

If you're certain that you've got no feelings towards the guy then don't bother taking it to the next step. Or, if you're unsure, maybe consider giving it a chance. You know, like casual dating. It'll help you to get to know him more to decide whether you like him or not.

From what you've said here though, it doesn't look like either of you like each other that much. Keep searching, it's worth it and better than sticking in a miserable relationship just for the sake of things.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does it not only make sense that if you don't like him to not go out with him? Why are you even asking for opinions? It's not like you're going to marry him or keep him as your boyfriend. Just think. Holy moly

To be fair, it can be difficult to tell if you like someone or not sometimes.

just tell him you're not interested, plain and simple. if you can't tell one guy that you don't wanna date him then you're gonna have major problems later.

Interesting comment, @Tina. I won't quote it because it's long and full of important stuff. He hasn't texted me since then at all. I don't think we really had much chemistry, to be honest, and we failed on basic interest tests... like we didn't like the same music or movies, didn't share any hobbies except video games, and we had different skill sets and jobs... I tried to talk to him like I talk to my friends despite that we have those same differences, but it seems that there is some types of people I can't jive with. Especially now that we don't share the same sphere of influence as he's in college and I'm still in high school. :T

I did give it a second thought though... because we have had decent text convos before. Just this convo maybe was not so good? Or maybe it was enlightening...

I do believe that the rest of you are pretty right though. I will likely text him later with the news.

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like it would be a bad choice if you didn't feel the connection...:( sometimes guys can be manipulative with text, so it's harder to know what their true intentions are, and your own feelings should let you know the right decision, I think not feeling a connection might be a hint.

Back