• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Unpopular gaming opinions

Legend of Zelda for NES, Zelda 2, Link to the Past (especially), and Link's Awakeing are all kind of bad and don't hold up to time.

Most are way better than MM :]

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think MM and Ocarina of time are way overrated.. They are good but a bit too advanced for its consoles imo and idk I just prefer Link's Awakening and Minish Cap more

Legend of Zelda for NES, Zelda 2, Link to the Past (especially), and Link's Awakeing are all kind of bad and don't hold up to time.

Zelda 1 is the real bad one, that game is so arcaic to the point it's frustrating. (NEVER FORGET THE BLUE WIZROBES).

Link to the Past however....what are you doing? That game is amazing. :/

Zelda 1 is the real bad one, that game is so arcaic to the point it's frustrating. (NEVER FORGET THE BLUE WIZROBES).

Link to the Past however....what are you doing? That game is amazing. :/

Idk most of it is I hated it because the older games give me headaches while playing. It's the graphics :/

The rest of it is the older top-down Zeldas are just annoying for fighting

Idk most of it is I hated it because the older games give me headaches while playing. It's the graphics :/

The rest of it is the older top-down Zeldas are just annoying for fighting

True, I know some people who have hard time playing top-down games.

Your last point is really really true in Zelda 1...and Zelda II....and somewhat Link's Awakening.

The newer Resident Evils aren't that bad imho. Just different.

Do not open this if you are sensitive about how you play Animal Crossing. This is your warning so you can't really report it if you're offended. Don't open it if you don't want to be critiqued about cycling, plot-resetting and the likes.
The way people go overboard about their dreamies is insane. Sorting them into tiers of popularity? Stop obsessing over a game goddamn.

No, Nintendo does not need to capitulate to every little demand that you make about how the next game "I should decide where my villagers go! I should be able to remove rocks! I should decide when my villagers move out!" Are you that ****ing OCD that you have to micromanage every little part of the game? Please spend some time doing something productive with your life. Also stop complaining about how it stresses you out. You bring that **** on yourself. It's your own fault you get stressed about it, stop whining.

tumblr_inline_mzoc8stxhZ1rgd94g.jpg

anybody remembers Sonic Heroes? one of the most fun games I've played and very underrated in my opinion. people rant about minor things like how they don't like the voice acting or how the game is not fast paced enough ignoring all the good stuff the game offers, I wish I could play it again :(

anybody remembers Sonic Heroes? one of the most fun games I've played and very underrated in my opinion. people rant about minor things like how they don't like the voice acting or how the game is not fast paced enough ignoring all the good stuff the game offers, I wish I could play it again :(

The game was good but the controls were crap.

Ever try staying off the walls and ceiling in the special stages?

The game was good but the controls were crap.

Ever try staying off the walls and ceiling in the special stages?

I had it for the Xbox. I only got bothered by the controls on bonus stages and at the end of that jungle stage where you have to swing while a monster (probably a crocodile) is chasing you. the pinball levels where the best! loved the bingo mini game

- The difficulty of Dark Souls is highly over rated. I found it overall 'average' in difficulty, with it forcing me to actually pay attention and block occasionally when the difficulty actually showed itself...Not exactly something to write home about.

- Smash Bros Melee is overrated.
Is it good for competitive? Maybe, but almost everybody who plays Smash Bros isn't a 'competitive player' and never will be, let alone actually say 'why' Melee was good for competitive. Let it go and move on to Smash 4.

- Pokemon Gen 1 is the worst gen.
It's just as 'unoriginal' as the newer gens with just as many bad designs (if not more bad designs) as well as suffering in other areas by being 'the first one'. Red and Blue are also massively broken and unappealing and I find them impossible to enjoy anymore.

- 'Five Nights at Freddies' is a pile of trash and nobody will care about it soon. 'Slender' was a pile of trash and nobody cares about it anymore. There's a high possibility that the next 'big game' everybody talks about will also be a 'pile of trash' that people will stop caring about.

- PewDiePie is comparable to a fatal illness often caused by smoking.

- Skyrim was a terrible game by itself. Its only saving grace were mods.

- Ocarina of Time doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.
Was it 'revolutionary' when it was released? I can see ways in which it was.
Does it still deserve to be labeled as one of the greatest games ever? Hell no. 'Greatest' and 'important' don't have to go hand in hand.

- Final Fantasy VII doesn't deserve the praise it gets.

- I think the Gamecube controller wasn't that comfortable. It was 'comfortable' when I got used to it, but most things are comfortable when I get used to them.

- Steam isn't that great. It's more expensive than most digital retailers (including those who actually give Steam keys), it has absolutely no quality control leading to it being full of crap, they are the 1 gaming platform who obviously cares the least (or they would inforce some quality control), etc. etc. etc.

- Half-Life isn't that good, neither are the sequels. L4D was also a very boring game. Portal is good but nowhere near as good as the praise it gets.

- I don't like CoD, but it probably has some of the tightest mechanics in any FPS out there.

Last edited:
Fi is the second best legend of zelda sidekick

Screw Pokemon seriously. Just the entire series.

Last edited:
Back