Unpopular gaming opinions

Like 50%+ of this gaming gen is remakes and I'm tired of it but y'all are eating this **** up. Stop it. Virtual console is one thing but why is the PS4 library nearly identical to the PS1. I'm sorry is the Vita ia PS2 with a touch of PS3 on top? WiiU omg don't start me...
The 3DS is 25% N64 by blood.

So long as people continue to eat up remakes, don't expect them to end. Plus we're still early in this generation, most of the big "WOW" and must have titles haven't exactly hit yet. There's titles worth owning so far, but nothing that scream you need a PS4/Xbone now. Really the titles that scream next generation to me are coming this year, Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Though I have to agree with the Vita, it's disappointing how the only games that actually cater to the Western Markets are PS2 remakes. I love games from Japan, but a lot of it's stuff we probably won't ever see without importing or we get ****ty localization jobs (Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment).

I could buy all I want for the Vita in a month and have the library complete and expect nothing to arrive for some time. The Vita is the weirdest thing ever, more weird than the Wii to WiiU disaster. PSP to PS Vita, it seems like so few people care about it, that it's not worth yelling at each other over sales numbers like Wii-WiiU comparisons are. Plus on top of that there's at noteable stuff on it's way for WiiU, whereas Vita is just stale. Best Buy doesn't seem to sell any Vita games new basically, Target, Fry's and GameStop are lackluster in their selection as well, their library is just shared with every other system and people want the games elsewhere.
I still want one, but it feels like I'm buying a system that's ignored with a nich library that's basically all anime/JRPG stuff. Why buy one if you aren't going to get into those games? Imo anyway. You may as well buy the other stuff on the WiiU/3DS/PS4 which all have the same games as Vita.
WiiU & Vita share a lot of common problems with their libraries. Anyone remember Assassins Creed 3 showed up on WiiU as well as Vita? There was a freakin bundle and everything. Cool system, nich games, crowd doesn't care. The PSP's library is not even close to that of the Vita's at this rate and the system will end up being something way different.

The PSP was like the Anti-DS, the anti-nintendo handheld, but now they jumped shipped and the Vita is a weeb device now that gets overlooked for the 3DS which has some of the same titles.

Even Virtue's Last Reward, a strong game for the Vita is known to be a 3DS game more so.

PS4 so strong wow best sales numbers
Vita = worse than WiiU by more than half.

Sony wat u doin' ther

Last edited:
I could buy all I want for the Vita in a month and have the library complete and expect nothing to arrive for some time. The Vita is the weirdest thing ever, more weird than the Wii to WiiU disaster. PSP to PS Vita, it seems like so few people care about it, that it's not worth yelling at each other over sales numbers like Wii-WiiU comparisons are. Plus on top of that there's at noteable stuff on it's way for WiiU, whereas Vita is just stale. Best Buy doesn't seem to sell any Vita games new basically, Target, Fry's and GameStop are lackluster in their selection as well, their library is just shared with every other system and people want the games elsewhere.
I still want one, but it feels like I'm buying a system that's ignored with a nich library that's basically all anime/JRPG stuff. Why buy one if you aren't going to get into those games? Imo anyway. You may as well buy the other stuff on the WiiU/3DS/PS4 which all have the same games as Vita.
WiiU & Vita share a lot of common problems with their libraries. Anyone remember Assassins Creed 3 showed up on WiiU as well as Vita? There was a freakin bundle and everything. Cool system, nich games, crowd doesn't care. The PSP's library is not even close to that of the Vita's at this rate and the system will end up being something way different.

The PSP was like the Anti-DS, the anti-nintendo handheld, but now they jumped shipped and the Vita is a weeb device now that gets overlooked for the 3DS which has some of the same titles.

Even Virtue's Last Reward, a strong game for the Vita is known to be a 3DS game more so.

PS4 so strong wow best sales numbers
Vita = worse than WiiU by more than half.

Sony wat u doin' ther

The Vita is ignored outside of Japan. The fanbase mostly loves the Vita, but loathes that it's marketed as the Remote Play machine and the best we'll get from Sony going forward is ports/indies outside of a select number of localizations. Sony threw in the towel for the Vita too early here in the west, if they made something and kept the momentium they briefly had going for Killzone Mercenary/Borderlands 2 it might not be the remote play machine. :/

The Vita is ignored outside of Japan. The fanbase mostly loves the Vita, but loathes that it's marketed as the Remote Play machine and the best we'll get from Sony going forward is ports/indies outside of a select number of localizations. Sony threw in the towel for the Vita too early here in the west, if they made something and kept the momentium they briefly had going for Killzone Mercenary/Borderlands 2 it might not be the remote play machine. :/

Totally agree. It's ignored in the west, and it's a cross-buy remote play wannabe WiiU gamepad. I wonder if it's just totally dead in the water or what. How unlike Sony to pretty throw in the towel to the other guys (ninty 3ds) when they pride themselves on their PS4 so much, every so often they blurt out that their library is more worth it than the 3DS but no ones buying it.
All the ports they get, like Killzone, Boarderlands, Assassins Creed, they're always a disaster too and if there's a PC, WiiU or 3DS version to be had that's also awful, they'll score better than the Vita.

idc call me a fanboy, at least Nintendo does something with the WiiU and they get slammed for supposedly not caring about it, where's Sony caring about the Vita at all? You'd think with the whole company teetering on what happens with the Playstation line that they'd be in a rush to save the Vita.

Lol I forgot I'm playing another game that got ported to the Vita and got overlooked, Muramasa Demon Blade aka Rebirth for Vita. Although I think this may have been over looked on the Wii as well which is the version I have ~_~

I hope they do an update for things like Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club so we get a sort of Wii Fit U+ and Wii Sports Club Resort like how the Wii had. Not sure if sales will allow it, although I guess maybe WFU still sells cause you can't always find it. But Wii Sports Club is a bore and a disappointment.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rebirth for Vita.

It makes me giggle how everything on PS Vita is called Rebirth instead of Remastered or whatever

- - - Post Merge - - -

Five Nights at Freddys seems boring and over hyped.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Animal crossing >>>>> Pretty much all first person shooters > home handing systems

Home handing? But pretty much who could disagree? AC over Call of Dootie

I hope they do an update for things like Wii Fit U and Wii Sports Club so we get a sort of Wii Fit U+ and Wii Sports Club Resort like how the Wii had. Not sure if sales will allow it, although I guess maybe WFU still sells cause you can't always find it. But Wii Sports Club is a bore and a disappointment.

Five Nights at Freddys seems boring and over hyped.

I hope so too, I want my Wii Fit Trainer amiibo to do something with her own game wow

Also agree on Five Nights, mostly because it's a mobile game. *yawns to the largest degree possible* Yeah there's the PC version too but *yawns to a slightly less degree that earlier but nonetheless rather large*

I'm not sure this categorizes on being unpopular, but here we go. I feel as if I'm not enjoying games as much as I used to. I remember back to the age of RPGs (which are my preference) I could pick up any title and generally immerse myself throughout the entirety of its content. Nowadays I find it a lot harder to connect and enjoy the large majority of releases of recent years, with the exceptions of very few titles. I'm not a fan of shooters so that market is lost on me, but with others it's a bit disappointing.

I'm going to buy FFX for the PS4 and play the **** out of it because it deserves to be remade and I love the game to pieces.

Doublade, Golurk, Pumpkaboo, and Litwick are the best ghost types from any of the Pokemon games.

Garbodor is not a bad design, neither is Vanillite and its evolutions. If anything I didn't like most gen 4 designs. That's right, I am looking at you Lickilicky.

I'm going to buy FFX for the PS4 and play the **** out of it because it deserves to be remade and I love the game to pieces.

This, this, THIS. Additionally, I hadn't the chance to buy the remastered version for PS3 - made the wrong decision and bought a Xbox360 instead of a PS3 some years ago :/ - so I'm really happy that it's coming to PS4, too. :)

Garbodor is not a bad design, neither is Vanillite and its evolutions. If anything I didn't like most gen 4 designs. That's right, I am looking at you Lickilicky.

Yeah, idk why Gen 5 gets so much s***. Every generation is bound to have bad designs. At least garbodor and vanillite are interesting, unlike a certain blue hexagon whose existence I barely remembered.

Back