• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plot resetting woes

loreiid

yeehaw
Bells
Mailbox
Hi! I am a person who has bad plot resetting luck. I either mess it up at accidentally start as my mayor, or it takes over 100 tries or 2 days to get a villager in plot. I created this thread so people could talk/vent their experiences with plot resetting. (Im sorry if this thread already exists)

I'll start:

My biggest plot resetting episode is when I finally got my all time dreamie, Nate. I created a log bench and I wanted him to move next to it so we could sit on it together. I stayed up so late and I cried a lot bc it was so frustrating. I fell asleep and I woke up at 4 in the morning and I remembered I had to plot reset. So I cried a lot (again) and I tried one last time...And Nate was right where I wanted him to be. It was amazing, and I could finally go to bed in peace. :) thank god.

I have a few plot resetting stories...

I was lucky enough to get my all-time favorite villager, Aurora, as one of my starting villagers. I was ecstatic! But as I was time travelling to plot reset, I pressed a wrong button and went forward a month instead of a day, and she had moved out D: I just got her back though so that's nice c:

Last night, I got both Aurora and Rosie within ten minutes of each other. I was finishing an auction for Rosie as I was plot resetting for Aurora's new house and I was suuuuuper stressed out and needing a good spot for Aurora so I would be able to go get Rosie. I was 10 minutes late getting Rosie and Aurora's house isn't in an ideal place, but I'm just going to have to work around it. At least she's in my town again.

I was plot resetting in my second town and every time, the villagers kept wanting to move in front of the Town Hall or next to my house. -_-

I've yet to experience the annoyance of plotting a specific villager and I'm REALLY hoping I don't have to.

I don't do much plot resetting in my first town; just enough to keep them on the second half of the map.

My second town, however, is themed and based off of an anime/manga, so I have a few distinct sections and villagers who need to be in one of the three sections.
The third section (ironically, the one which will have the least amount of villagers in it) is large, but the other two don't leave much room for error. I'm currently trying to get Apple into the second section, which probably has the smallest section of land of all of them. There are at least 4-5 good places for her to place her house, but she keeps putting it either in the third section, or out in the middle of nowhere.

In fact, I'm taking a break from plot resetting because I think I'll scream if I do it one more time right now. x.x

I've only plot reset once because I've always been nervous to, but thankfully I had several decent spots the villager could have moved into. However she seemed to keep going in the worst possible spots, and because I never PR before, I was nervous I'd mess up or end up accidentally leaving her in the wrong spot. I was so nervous about the whole thing. Thankfully I managed to get a good spot on the fourth try but man was it nerve wracking.

Oh boy do i have stories...
There were only 2 times i have had a villager plot perfectly on their first try: Beau in my first town, Astoria, plotted perfectly and Papi plotted perfectly in line with Sprinkle in my second town on his first try..which is amazing since every other villager i've moved in took a good 10+ tries and i unfortunately gave up on Fang and let him live near me.

Now the little devils that refused to plot good after 10+ tries/plotted so terribly i had to move them out
Julian took a good 20+ tries to get near everyone else (i have everyone in my town except Tia and Fang on the smaller southeastern half of my town). On try 14 he moved away from the spot he stayed in for the past tries but it was too close to my house and so i had to keep going and he stayed in that spot for another 10 tries before finally plotting over with Chevre (everyone says they're really good friends which is really cute)
Muffy took maybe 5 tries to go over with everyone else but she tried going behind town hall twice...like why Muffy you would walk right into the town hall every time you came outside.
Freya took a while too because she kept going where Julian was or she would go in this area i have set off for a park near the waterfall in my town. She finally plotted good but now that i look at it, she's a bit too far to the right but i'll live.
Pietro...oh god my poor Pietro's plot wasn't appearing..i forgot and TTed backwards and he plotted in between the right cliff and my town hall and it really bugged me and he kept staying away from the others so i unfortunately had to let him go with a friend and it really sucked since he was my first random move in and my favorite smug.
Tia i messed up plot resetting on but she didn't plot as terribly as Pietro so she gets to stay. She's so cute though lol.
I applaud anyone who can plot reset so patiently until all their villagers are lined up..it looks awesome and i wish i had the patience for that lol.

In my town I've only plot reset two villagers: Rosie and Phoebe. The others plotted randomly because before I didn't know how to plot reset, but some reason most of them really like living near the cliff, which is good xD'

Rosie was very frustrating. I wanted her to move into Francine's old plot because before before Francine had to move out, her house was in a nice spot since the area she was in was like a neighborhood. But Rosie took a while to move into the exact 3x3 spot I wanted her to go in. I had to TT back to yesterday in-game so I could rebuild a character house and a PWP to limit the areas in which Rosie could go. I was really tired of plot resetting that day so I saved and shut the game off. The next day I was dreading plot resetting, and after 2-3 tries, she finally moved onto the 3x3 spot I wanted her to go! I was so happy ;u;

Phoebe only took 2 tries before she went into the perfect spot. I wanted her to live next to me so I would have three consecutive houses with a similar exterior (Pekoe, my mayor's, and Phoebe's houses) and I had plans to make the area around her house really pretty c: I actually originally wanted her 1 space down from where she was, but I decided it was good enough, and it was a good thing I decided to keep her plot one space up, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to landscape in front of her house *__*

I'm suuuuuuper picky about towns and if things aren't perfectly exact I will not be able to stand it. So I vowed to have the perfect town. I probably reset for 2 or 3 days straight because I needed to have a perfect town, including:
-cherry as native fruit
-a unattached area of beach
-a nice shaped river
-a large space of land that I can build my house because I like to make a large yard out of bushes and flowers that I can put a fountain in.
-a majority of non-abomination villagers
And finally I got everything that was one my check list, so yeah... My stories aren't very interesting XD

Oh boy do i have stories...
There were only 2 times i have had a villager plot perfectly on their first try: Beau in my first town, Astoria, plotted perfectly and Papi plotted perfectly in line with Sprinkle in my second town on his first try..which is amazing since every other villager i've moved in took a good 10+ tries and i unfortunately gave up on Fang and let him live near me.

Now the little devils that refused to plot good after 10+ tries/plotted so terribly i had to move them out
Julian took a good 20+ tries to get near everyone else (i have everyone in my town except Tia and Fang on the smaller southeastern half of my town). On try 14 he moved away from the spot he stayed in for the past tries but it was too close to my house and so i had to keep going and he stayed in that spot for another 10 tries before finally plotting over with Chevre (everyone says they're really good friends which is really cute)
Muffy took maybe 5 tries to go over with everyone else but she tried going behind town hall twice...like why Muffy you would walk right into the town hall every time you came outside.
Freya took a while too because she kept going where Julian was or she would go in this area i have set off for a park near the waterfall in my town. She finally plotted good but now that i look at it, she's a bit too far to the right but i'll live.
Pietro...oh god my poor Pietro's plot wasn't appearing..i forgot and TTed backwards and he plotted in between the right cliff and my town hall and it really bugged me and he kept staying away from the others so i unfortunately had to let him go with a friend and it really sucked since he was my first random move in and my favorite smug.
Tia i messed up plot resetting on but she didn't plot as terribly as Pietro so she gets to stay. She's so cute though lol.
I applaud anyone who can plot reset so patiently until all their villagers are lined up..it looks awesome and i wish i had the patience for that lol.

Just plot reset Aurora and she took 2 hours :( dang i've had terrible luck

Blair was a dear and only took 4 tries to plot in a decent spot. The first time, she was smack at the end of a bridge. Then she plotted by Al, but again at the end of a bridge. THEN she decided she wanted to plot in my orchard and I was having none of that, and then she lined up perfectly with chevre's house so I was happy and let her stay there.

I've only plot reset for a few villagers, and had incredible luck with all of them. :O

The first time I ever tried it, I was plot and villager resetting for Zucker. It took the entire seven days, but on the seventh day I got him on the very first try, in a good plot. I was totally shocked. :O I'd read all these horror stories about how it took people days of resetting to get a good plot (never mind a specific villager) and was expecting the same thing.

Plot reset for Phoebe next, and she plotted perfectly on the first try.

Lily... I must've reset 50+ times for her. Not long at all compared to some people, but way longer that it had ever taken me before LOL. She kept putting her house directly in front of mine, or directly in front of the bridge. Eventually I forgot, loaded my Mayor by accident and immediately panicked, thinking that if she'd plotted in front of the bridge/my house she'd have to go, and I'd never have my dreamie. ;-; Lucky for me, she plotted in a decent spot - not where I was aiming, but workable.

hahaha after looking for Zucker for a while, i finally found a perfect offer today. So I spent my evening picking the right spot for him and started plot reseting. Then after only 4 tries..
... I accidentally loaded up my majors file just to find him in a terrible spot :mad::mad::mad:

ugh, now i have to find someone to hold zucker and cycle through 16 villagers..

at least i might meet some dreamies while cycling...

:(

Last edited:
Oh god.... Lately I've been resetting inorder to keep them out of where I plan to put my park and my orchard. Colton wasn't too much of an issue. But keeping Vladimir off the second half of the map took forever! And he still isn't exactly where I wanted him, but it took too long and gave up.

One day on a free hour of school, as I was in the entering period, I create a new character and wander around my town to see if anybody has decided to make a house on a very bad spot. No one had, so I turn off the game and start with my mayor.

Rocco, the fabulously ugly hippopotamus had magicaly plotted his house on the path two spaces away from my house, destroying bushes and trees. I don't get it.

I plot resetted Static for a year LOL. I did it continuously for 3 days. Then once a week. Then once a month LOL. He didn't even end up where I wanted him, but somewhere good enough. LOL

I got disgusted so I started a new town (Luna) lol. oh wells.

As someone totally new to any Animal Crossing games when I first got New Leaf, my woe is that I had NO IDEA you could plot reset. I tried to pick a private/secluded area for my mayor to live, and somehow villager after villager managed to cluster their houses around me. THERE'S A WHOLE TOWN GUYS. GET OFF MY PROPERTY.

(Thankfully none of the neighbors that live too close are dreamies, so I'll be able to get them moved out and have my space back without losing anyone important.)

Back