• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

LINE Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
From now on, we will remove members that haven't said anything in the chat for 1 month.

This is to keep the group clean, and because it's weird when we have 40+ members but there are only 10-15 people that are actively chatting. We've invited back most of the inactive members to see if they still want to be on the chat, but otherwise, please drop by in the chat once in a while if you want to stay! Of course, you can be invited back if you want to, just shoot any of the active members a PM!

Just to expand on this, I am going to be pruning out and reinviting inactives on the 14th of every month. So if you are deleted around that time and reinvited, you were removed due to inactivity. You are still welcome to come back, as we would still love to have you. This rule is in place due to the complaints of lurkers. And today we had a member complain about being removed because he like sto lurk. So just keep this rule in mind when you join, please.

We would love to have any and all join us and chat it up!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, if it isnt too much trouble, please make your user id something that is recognizable as you, and not just random Japanese symbols. This keeps you from getting kicked because we dont know who you are

EDIT: I take all of that back lol

Why do you take it all back? Just wondering because I was thinking about what nikita said and was thinking of giving the chat another chance. Pm me if it'll make you feel more comfortable.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This rule is in place due to the complaints of lurkers.

I hate to brake it to you but that's not going to get rid of many lurkers. It'll help with some but the whole thing with lurkers, you need to be actually going on the chat which means opening the app. The people who are innactive are most likely inactive for the fact that they don't even bother going on the chat.

Last edited:
Why do you take it all back? Just wondering because I was thinking about what nikita said and was thinking of giving the chat another chance. Pm me if it'll make you feel more comfortable.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate to brake it to you but that's not going to get rid of many lurkers. It'll help with some but the whole thing with lurkers, you need to be actually going on the chat which means opening the app. The people who are innactive are most likely inactive for the fact that they don't even bother going on the chat.

By doing this, we are encouraging those who lurk to chat more and filtering the members' list by removing inactive members. We do send an re-invite request to every inactive members in-case they would like to join back and anyone who would like to join again will always be welcomed.

You haven't been part of the group chat for a long time now so you don't see the improvement. This is our solution that we would like to try and tbh, it is better to try something instead of doing nothing. The chat has be regularly active and those who do lurk have been trying to talk more. Yes, it may not get rid of all the lurkers but it does takes away some of the few.

Last edited:
Fact of the matter is that it's actually helping subdue lurking activity. You'd be there to see if you hadn't been hoppin in and out of the chat.

I wasn't arguing about that. Well I am genuinely sorry that I bothered everyone with that. I wouldn't of done that if someone said it was a problem in the first place instead of everyone suddenly ganging up on me after I'd done it a few times.

Last edited:
I wasn't arguing about that. Well I am genuinely sorry that I bothered everyone with that. I wouldn't of done that if someone said it was a problem in the first place instead of everyone suddenly ganging up on me after I'd done it a few times.

Er, Didn't I come up to you personally to explain that people had a problem with it? You explained your reasons as well which is understandable, but then you never came back and wanted your name removed from the list which I did so.

Our problems with the lurkers was specifically with how we have 40 members in the group with only 10-15 actively talking. We removed inactive members cause it was uncomfortable to have someone who barely talked in the chat, which would make them strangers, see our conversation that tend to be personal. It's like overhearing a conversation that's not meant to be heard by you. Removing lurkers and adding them back helps reminding them that this chat exists, encourage activity, and remove the ones who are gone, and it has been helpful thus far.

Your problem with lurkers was how people would read your message but not reply, which still happens because of reasons me and Nikita already explained to you. It's not really a problem but something that comes with group chats filled with people from different timezone and schedules. If not getting a reply still bothers you then I don't recommend joining this chat :(

And we're not ganging up on you, we're replying to your message. Please don't twist our attitude when we've been civil to you.

And we're not ganging up on you, we're replying to your message. Please don't twist our attitude when we've been civil to you.

Huh? Oh, no no no. My apologies as I should of worded that better. At the point I was refuring to my whole "hopping in and out of the chat" thing. For a while everyone acted fine with it. I even asked loads of times if people were OK with this and whenever people would add me back into the chat they would still pretend that it was fine then. Then out of nowhere everyone started ganging up on me about it, even the one who invited me back in. It's not like someone could of told me this outside of chat in a one to one conversation. The only time I had someone actually do that was when they were pretending to be concerned for me. Which I find weird considering I think this same person called me out in front of everyone in the chat saying I "complain too much". Again, could of been done in a one to one chat and put in a much nicer way but hey. It's all in the past now.

But either way. I hope we're on the same page now and I'm pleased to hear that the chat is becoming much more enjoyable for everyone.

Last edited:
Bump! Despite the controversy that has surrounded this group, we aren't bad people at all! We'd be happy to have you join us!

Well thanks for ignoring what happened to me! You all ignore it so much that you make the same thread again (so no one sees my posts)which is either against the rules or frowned apon anyway. I wouldn't of minded if someone at least adressed my issue with me privately but nope. I actually got upset when all that happened (among other mental health problems that happened during this time). I've come to realise that the lurkers weren't the problem for me on the chat (funny thing is I didn't even notice them until everyone else started complaining about them, but are now defending them but whatever). It was moments like what I've addressed up there (I was happy in the chat until then) and this whole ignoring problems thing.

Don't get me wrong, there are nice people on there who I wish I could talk to again. So I'm not saying the chat itself is bad. It's just that I've had bad experiences with certain members.

Last edited:
Well thanks for ignoring what happened to me! You all ignore it so much that you make the same thread again (so no one sees my posts)which is either against the rules or frowned apon anyway. I wouldn't of minded if someone at least adressed my issue with me privately but nope. I actually got upset when all that happened (among other mental health problems that happened during this time). I've come to realise that the lurkers weren't the problem for me on the chat (funny thing is I didn't even notice them until everyone else started complaining about them, but are now defending them but whatever). It was moments like what I've addressed up there (I was happy in the chat until then) and this whole ignoring problems thing.

Don't get me wrong, there are nice people on there who I wish I could talk to again. So I'm not saying the chat itself is bad. It's just that I've had bad experiences with certain members.

I doubt the members of the group have any time for attention seekers and drama. Can you get a grip on reality and realize that everything that happened was already talked through in the last few pages? It is simply a chat where people like to talk to each other. It is not some secret cult with long drawn out membership processes. If you have problems, it's your own deal. Go message people about your problems, because no one is going to help you here with nonsense complaining and vague ranting that doesn't make any sense.

I would like to join if it's still active.

My LINE ID: @Telescopio

QR Code:

line qr.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back