• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

LINE Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayaya

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4250-9317-9812
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Violet
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Are you tired of those useless, boring texting applications that you use to text your Bell Tree Forum friends? Well look no further! We have created a LINE forum chat group which uses smart phones, computers and snazzy stickers to communicate. You can send a text, picture, video, voice memo or choose from hundreds of LINE's emoji's to tell us how your day was. LINE is free to join but pays off with loads of fun! Join Today! -- PandaNikita

You could read below for more information or click here

What is this LINE group?
This was originally a group made when the Halloween Candy Restock Craze of 2014 happened. Back then, we were using chatzy to chat so we don't spam the restock thread, but chatzy has its disadvantages so we all suggested making a LINE group instead to make talking easier. We all helped each other getting virtual candies but somehow, we didn't manage to get much or any at all LOL. We became friends instead and stay chatting since, even after Halloween is over.

We thought that it'd be cool to have more people in the chat, so we made this thread to invite more people to join! I know a few people here would love to have more friends to talk with, but are intimidated by the IRC (myself included) so this group chat could be an alternative for those looking for TBT friends. Plus, LINE is easier to use when you want to chat with people compared to sending a PM/VM There's Skype too though...

EDIT 22/05/2015: Someone joined our group from the join link (they're not from TBT) and deleted every member from the group, forcing us to make a new one. We've invited back most of the active members but if you were a member and would like to join the group again, please let us know.

EDIT 01/09/2015: This list isn't accurate as there are some members whose TBT username I don't know, so they haven't been added to the list yet. Please let me know if you want your username to be included. I also don't update the list regularly, only when I remember to do so or someone asks me to.

Currently we have (Referred by their TBT Username):
- Aerate*
- Amichann*
- Antlers*
- Ayaya*
- Azza
- badcrumbs
- Bahamut*
- Brad
- Cam,*
- Chibi.Hoshi
- computertrash*
- CrimsonHamish
- FireNinja1
- Hayden
- j-evers
- Javocado*
- Kiikay*
- Lauren :)
- lars708
- Lockfancy*
- Monkey D Luffy
- NikkiNikki*
- NSFW
- PandaNikita*
- Peisinoe*
- shidonii
- Temari*
- Tinkalila
- Tom*
- Trundle
- Zig

*The one with an asterisk beside their names are the most active ones in the group chat

What is LINE?
LINE is a messaging application similar to kik, Whatsapp, etc.
You can find more info on the main website here -> http://line.me/en/
The advantage of LINE is its easy use and stickers!

Donwload LINE for Android HERE
Download LINE for iPhone HERE
Download LINE for PC HERE
Download LINE for Mac OS HERE
The rest of the download links HERE

How do I make an account LINE?
First and most importantly, YOU NEED A SMARTPHONE TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT. Unfortunately, LINE does not let you make an account unless you have one. You can use LINE on different platforms (it has a PC app if you prefer that) but making an account requires the phone app.

If you do have a smartphone, find LINE on your app store, then download. It will ask you to input your phone number but don't fear! no one but you can see this number.

Afterwards, make your ID. This is similar to usernames and will let other people find and add you (This is needed for us to invite you to the group). Go to Settings > Profile > User ID and pick a name! Remember, this user ID is permanent so pick one you like!

After you've made an account, you can link it to the PC app (For more info, go here -> http://help.line.me/line/?lang=en and CTRL+F "How do I use the PC version of LINE?")

Feel free to PM me if you need help :)

I made/have an account. How do I join the group?
PM me (Ayaya) or any of the active members listed above to be invited to the group. We will first add you as a friend then invite you. You then need to accept the group invite. Go to Friends > Groups > [Group Name]* and click accept. Congrats! You've joined our group!

*Our group name changes from time to time​

I'm a member. Now what do I do?
Start chatting! This is similar to the IRC Chat in The Bell Tree forums, except this one is smaller, more personal/private, and easier for smartphone users. We're friendly so don't be shy!

If you're unsure what to talk about, then:
- Talk about anything! How your day goes, what's your recent obsession, etc.
- Someone is cracking an inside joke and you're not sure what to do? Just go with the flow! Replying with "lol" would usually suffice.
- If there's a conversation going on and you're not a part of it, then join! Sometimes members ask for advice, this is your chance to share your wisdom!

Basically, you can treat this chat like the Brewster's Cafe board.

Some things to expect once you've entered the chat:
- We change our topic pretty often. If you can't keep up, it's okay! You can ask one of us to explain.
- We are a chatty bunch. Expect to come back to 999+ messages once you're awake. TURN YOUR NOTIFICATIONS OFF (Top bar on group chat > Notifications OFF)
- We spam stickers too (well, mostly me)
- We gossip. A Lot.
- If you're looking for friends to play ACNL with, most of us don't play ACNL that much anymore so we might not be able to help with signatures and the like. Some might be able to help though, so it won't hurt to ask.
- Since we're pretty close already, that might be intimidating to new members, but don't worry! If you pop in often and give us a chance to get to know you, then you might find yourself with some new friends :D
- Most importantly, we're friendly! Say hi and we'll say hi back.
- We might not always be available to reply. Our members have lives and aren't always available to talk, so you might get more lurkers (people who read your messages) than replies. Since this is a chat room, people aren't expected to get replies all the time or to reply to every message. Please remember that this doesn't mean that people are ignoring you, they're just busy, occupied, or simply has nothing to say. If you wait a while or bring up interesting topic(s), then you'll get replies soon enough.

We do have some rules to keep the place peaceful:
- Be respectful and polite
- Don't harass any members about anything
- Don't take things personally
- If you are inactive in the chat for 1 month, then we will remove you from the group. You can drop by once in a while to avoid this, or ask any of the active members to be invited back.

We can kick you out if you break the rules three times. Please understand that this is to keep the chat in order c:

And some other things to keep in mind:
- Please only join this group if you're interested in talking. We do not accept observers.
- Since we speak English in this chat, it would be easier for members to recognize you if you use the Latin alphabet to write your name (ex: Aya instead of あや)​

Can I leave the group?
You can leave anytime if you feel like it. We won't force you to stay. If you have any problems, feel free to contact me or any of the active members.

Why don't you guys just use the IRC?
Some of our members actually do use the IRC! Though I personally feel that LINE is more user-friendly and a lot easier to use if you're on mobile/outside most of the time. This chat group is also more personal than IRC as not everyone can view it unless they're invited. Some of us use our real name and photo too. We encourage you to try IRC as well http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?56945

Other groups
Do you like amiibo? Do you have a wii u and the classic games? The Nintendo exclusive chat is for you! In this chat, we matchmake for Super Smash Bros. 4, Splatoon, and Mario Kart 8, and talk about all things Nintendo (mostly wii u and amiibo stuff). -- Cam,

If you want to join the Nintendo group, please contact Cam,! :)

Last edited:
JOIN TODAY! 8D

i would lol but it's almost 2 am here and i'm waiting for a trade to begin soon (hopefully) and i have finals coming up so if i do join it will be after they're over C: i am a chatty kathy though once i open up to people *thumbs up*

I remember when you guys first decided to make the group :) I couldn't join at that time however lol. I might consider joining later c:

Simply PM me or the active members your LINE ID if any of you want to be invited :D

I don't recommend posting your ID here as you might get random add from people you don't know.

Come on in if you're about it.
ndQUEmk.png

The folks who regular this are a pretty great bunch of cool cats, check them out. I pop in sometimes. :)

I will join!! I've had a LINE for quiet a while but I only used it for LINE play lol...plus I've been wanting to make some online friends on TBT for a while so this'll be a good chance ahah~

We should add each other than spam line play requests ;-;

Why not use whatssap?

Whatsapp uses phone number iirc? So not sure if it's safe for an online chat like this ;;

ALSO I'm going to sleep so please contact other members (listed in the first page) to be invited to the group~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back