• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Art Programs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use ibisPaintX for my ipad. it's a good program once you get the hang of it, i thought i'd never figure out how to use it but i did lol

Hmm, I use OpenCanvas 6 which I paid $50 (USD) for. I would recommend the software too since I have had it for almost 2 years now. You can purchase it off their website or off steam.

Last edited:
Idk if you wanna add this, but if anyone is interested in a 3D modeling program, a good one to use is Blender. It is a 100% free 3D modeling program and its pretty easy to use! It can be found here if youd like to add it: https://www.blender.org/

Will be updating op soon, thanks for waiting folks! (It's been almost two years since I've been on here, my deepest apologies.)

I use firealpaca and it is great! The only thing bothering me about it is that the standard blending tool kind of sucks and i haven't found another way to blend... (also the gradient tool is very, very unhelpful)

Also, a good art tool is MediBang, would like to suggest that.

there is an online pixel art maker (Make gifs to) Piskel look it up! i highly recommend it works with 3ds to!! :D

i use paint tool sai and photoshop cc. they are both pretty good.

I still have the original ms paint on my PC. It may be old but it still serves the purposes I need. Every colour perceivable to humans, basic pixel tool, and some handy functions. I get lost in the newer version and photoshop thanks to unnecessary features I'll never use.

But if I actually need to do digital illustration, then that's where I'll boot up photoshop and the like. Just not for sprites!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I still have the original ms paint on my PC. It may be old but it still serves the purposes I need. Every colour perceivable to humans, basic pixel tool, and some handy functions. I get lost in the newer version and photoshop thanks to unnecessary features I'll never use.

But if I actually need to do digital illustration, then that's where I'll boot up photoshop and the like. Just not for sprites!

Just in case no one has mentioned it or some of you don't know about it - Krita is a really good, free, open sourced program made by artists, for artists.

Here is the website: [x]

I use fire alpaca. It can take a while to find all the hidden features and tools though, I'm still exploring myself. I would recommend SAI over it, though, just because it has better brushes, tools etc.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but eh
MediBang Paint Pro is a free program I use for drawing and it's really good! >v<

Last edited:
I advise putting Krita. It can be a tad difficult or complexed to understand at first, and it's always a learning process. However, I do feel it would be good use considering they have a free version packed with some good tools, and it can be like photoshop or sai. Or both, really.

**Updated
-Krita was added
-Open Canvas was added
-Medibang was added
-GraphicsGale was was added

Last edited:
I was thinking of giving digital art a try, and this thread was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! If I ever get a tablet, do any of these work well on tablets?

EDIT: Dang, it sucks drawing with your mouse. I'll *NEED* a tablet for this lol. Guess I'll stick to pencil and paper until I get a tablet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back