October Birthstone (Opal)
Orange Mote of Flame
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Gold Mailbox
Small Mailbox
I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this game.
Anyone excited for this game? I'm.... not, after the previous instalments. But Donkey Kong's return and Rosalina's debut is tempting me to buy it. I know it sounds pathetic that I'd buy the game for playable characters but I've long awaited DK's playable return. Finally.
Amiibo party seems reminiscent of the classic board style before the four player car mechanic was introduced in MP9. And then there's also Bowser Party, which is also neat.
What are your thoughts on the game?

Eh...It feels like Mario Party 9 Version 2.

Though playing as Bowser is the best thing about it honestly.

I don't know much about Mario Party 10, but I do like the Mario Party series in general so I am going to buy it. I really hope there is an online mode for this game. With the movement style of Mario Party 9 and now 10 I see no reason why an online mode shouldn't be included.

Although I've generally been a fan of the Mario Party games (particularly the first few installments back on the N64), I don't like the roads they have taken the series with Mario Party 9 and Mario Party Island Tour. And I'm not sure why they're sticking to similar formulas for 10 when sales have already pretty much proven that people are not really liking what they're doing with it.

I really wish they'd take it all a few steps back again to earlier Mario Party formulas. The only way I'd really consider buying 10 is if there's some kind of online play. I severely doubt that would happen, though, as people disconnecting during the middle of a longer game like Mario Party could potentially ruin the whole thing. Ex: Someone gets angry (or multiple people do) that they're losing and quits, leaving the other players hanging, or just general disconnect problems. I can essentially see why online play would be a problem for a game like that.

Still, I confess extreme disappointment that they're sticking to the "four together in a car" style like Mario Party 9. I thought that was awful, personally.

I liked Mario Party 9 for a few days but despise Island Tour, so I don't think I will. Amiibo party looks confusing from how they explained it, so yeah, I'd rather not waste money on this game.

Last marioparty game I owned was 4 on the gamecube, but I'm actually gonna get this because it doesn't look tooooo bad... I need more party games on wii u and the amiibo mode looks pretty fun

I wish they had that OG formula still :(
I will probably snatch it up though because I need more multiplayer games on the Wii U and I love me some minigames.

Honestly, I wish Hudson Soft didn't kick the bucket too soon.

Then again, after 5, the Mario Party series started to slow down in quality.

Honestly, I wish Hudson Soft didn't kick the bucket too soon.

Then again, after 5, the Mario Party series started to slow down in quality.

6 was a solid game. 7 was the typical, nothing really new. 8 felt a bit different and they used the Wii remote in unique ways. 9 was... well I've never played it and I don't think I need to. Island Tour looked so rushed.

I want a Mario Party game, so I'm interested in this maybe. Obviously though, since it's not out yet, we don't know how good it is.

Excluding 10, for the Mario Party games playable on a Wii U (Mario Party 9 and the Wii ones), what do you guys think is the best?

I enjoyed 7 the most, and also 2 that I got off of the Wii e-shop.

This game really needs online. .-.

I enjoyed 7 the most, and also 2 that I got off of the Wii e-shop.

This game really needs online. .-.

eh, the fun with marioparty has always been playing with friends on a couch, online would feel really boring imo

I feel like it's pretty obvious why online isn't included and that's because it's 4P and the game takes too long even in shorter gameplays and people would rage quit early on if someone gained too much momentum too fast, which can happen, or you're asking too much from people's wifi. It's not like Smash that only take a few mins a piece or Mario Kart that usually has 8-12 people involved at one time, which both already can have severe lag or people poofing half way through the game. I can't imagine you trying to nail down 4 random people who are actually going to sit through all of that for Mario Party. People can't even pick a damn a kart combo in MK8 and a track in the time limit, there's always at least a couple in a full match who take 100 years to chose options and end up getting random stuff because they're too slow, what makes you think you can get people to do Mario Party Online properly with that nonsense happening? Maybe it'll happen but wow I hope they take these terribly slow people into consideration so it doesn't become a waiting game.

Last edited:
I feel like it's pretty obvious why online isn't included and that's because it's 4P and the game takes too long even in shorter gameplays and people would rage quit early on if someone gained too much momentum too fast, which can happen, or you're asking too much from people's wifi. It's not like Smash that only take a few mins a piece or Mario Kart that usually has 8-12 people involved at one time, which both already can have severe lag or people poofing half way through the game. I can't imagine you trying to nail down 4 random people who are actually going to sit through all of that for Mario Party. People can't even pick a damn a kart combo in MK8 and a track in the time limit, there's always at least a couple in a full match who take 100 years to chose options and end up getting random stuff because they're too slow, what makes you think you can get people to do Mario Party Online properly with that nonsense happening? Maybe it'll happen but wow I hope they take these terribly slow people into consideration so it doesn't become a waiting game.

It could still work like MK8. If someone leaves the room during the game the CPU automatically controls them after a set period of time has passed. The same can work for a Mario Party.

I'm not sure why online would be any issue whatsoever. Seeing as Fortune Street / Boom Street had online multiplayer, that game was much longer per round than mario party and people still played through it.

Anyway. The best thing I've seen about 10 so far is the amiibo board. It actually might play like a pathless version of the first 7/8 games. Though I was disappointed to see that different amiibo boards don't change the actual spaces on the board but only the event spaces. S: The mini games look fun though. Just the main boards keep the trashy system from 9, so I've no interest in playing them / the whole game right now. Okay, maybe a little because it's Mario Party and it's all insanely colourful. But I will be disappointed I know it.

I want a Mario Party game, so I'm interested in this maybe. Obviously though, since it's not out yet, we don't know how good it is.

Excluding 10, for the Mario Party games playable on a Wii U (Mario Party 9 and the Wii ones), what do you guys think is the best?

If you've never played a Mario Party game you might like 9 or 10. If you've played before, or want to play something closer to the best versions, buy Mario Party 8 for Wii. 7 and below are GC and earlier. 8 doesnt have great minigames though, and some of the boards are a bit simple compared to previous games ~ like you can't claim spaces as your own and set traps which was my fav mechanic.
9 had pretty good mini-games but the main boards/playstyle was so different and awful by comparison I returned it after playing each "board"/path once (just to check if they all had the same awful system). But like I said, if you don't know what you're missing you might like them?

Really I'd recommend going onto the wii menu option and (if you have controllers that can work with it) go to the VC and get whichever Mario party's are on there. (pretty sure 2 is, not sure if 1 or 3 are). That is if you're willing to play with the old graphics. Otherwise any of the GC ones (4-7) are better than 8 and 9. 6 is probably my fav, it was more innovative in a way that didn't kill the game entirely.

Also; DJSTARSTRYKER! I haven't seen you in ages. Hai! :3

Mario party 9 was ruined with that car turn thingy ;-; now they brought it back and it's horrible. I might consider buying it

I want to buy it but I'm afraid it won't have a "goal" and that it would be all over the place like SSB4....
I never played a mario party game before so I'm not sure if I should start now

I want to buy it but I'm afraid it won't have a "goal" and that it would be all over the place like SSB4....
I never played a mario party game before so I'm not sure if I should start now
Start with Mario Party 2, 3, 4, or 8.

Those are good to start with.

Have you guys seen the official artwork yet? I really like Rosalina and Peach's designs, they did something different with the faces I like it.
480px-Mario_Party_10_Mario_jumping.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Luigi.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Peach.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Yoshi.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Toad.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Toadette.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Rosalina.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Bowser_art.jpg
480px-Mario_Party_10_Spike.jpg

Last edited:
Back