Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
FE Fates.jpg

Fire Emblem Fates is the sequel to Fire Emblem Awakening, both on the 3DS. The game will release on June 25, 2015 in Japan, and in 2016 for the rest of the world.
From the teaser trailer, it has been confirmed that Pair Up will return. The game introduces what appear to be Japanese-style equivalents to the traditional weapon triangle of sword, lance, and axe: the katana (刀), a form of single-edged sword, the naginata (薙刀), a type of polearm with a weapon triangle advantage over swords, and the kanabō (金棒), a truncheon-like weapon. Bows have also gained a placement in the weapon triangle; so far, they are known to have a disadvantage to the katana. It has been confirmed that weapon durability has been removed.
There is also a new Phoenix mode, where dead allies will be revived at the end of every turn. Casual mode is also returning, where dead allies are revived after every battle.
Six named characters appear in the teaser trailer: Kazahana (カザハナ), Hinoka (ヒノカ), Rinka (リンカ), Felicia (フェリシア), Ganz (ガンズ), and Max/Marx (マークス). The trailer also prominently features a blue-haired woman, whose name is currently unknown. A character named Kamui (カムイ) is also mentioned during a conversation. The enemy faction portayed in the trailer are known as the "Soldiers of the Dark Night" (暗夜兵).
The new Fire Emblem ? which has yet to be named in full ? is the story of two kingdoms at war. Players will customize the game's protagonist and choose to side with one kingdom or the other ? the peace-love Hoshido, or the glory-seeking Nohr. The game's battles, outcomes and story will differ accordingly.

Those that side with the Hoshido, Trinen said, are in for a "more accessible," traditional path in regards to the Fire Emblem series. As for those that side with the Nohr, the experience will prove to be more of a challenge as players attempt to revolutionize the kingdom from inside.
January 2015 Direct

April 2015 Direct

E3 Trailer
Speculation:
http://pheonyxian.tumblr.com/post/108095305127/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-fire
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/january-analysis/
Thank you Ayaya for the websites!​
Fill out this form to have me add your castle here!
HTML:
[INDENT][B]Castle Name:[/B] 
[B]Castle Address:[/B] 
[B]Fates:[/B] Birthright/Conquest/Revelations
[B]Food:[/B] 
[B]Ore:[/B] [/INDENT]

North America:
AkatsukiYoshi
Castle Name: Ft. Yoshi
Castle Address: 10767-34527-29848-42215
Fates: Conquest
Food: Milk
Ore: Ruby​

Ayaya
Castle Name: Mimei-jo
Castle Address: 08635-72595-89652-99977
Fates: Birthright
Food: Daikon
Ore: Lapis​

Capella
Castle Name: gensokyo
Castle Address: 02265-65130-23246-83486
Food: Rice

Chroma Red
Castle Name: Rabanastre
Castle Address: 05644-03626-93579-75542
Food: Fish
Ore: Quartz​

justice
Castle Name: Skyhold
Castle Address: 02889-61593-06925-50816
Food: Beans
Ore: Amber​

Matt0106
Castle Name: Seafield Fort
Castle Address: 14526-99727-38220-59048
Food: Beans

PuffleKirby21
Castle Name: Ch?teau Divin
Castle Address: 00665-43363-58124-33959
Food: Peaches
Ore: Quartz​

Thunder
Castle Name: Sei'an-kyo
Castle Address: 01675-24026-18830-10639
Food: Rice
Ore: Pearls​

And Italian architecture.
Mouth of Truth.JPG
If there's anything to add, tell me and I'll add it!​

C779BA69.png

EGG 18 IS ETERNAL, IT SHALL NEVER LEAVE

Last edited:
There's speculation that the customizable Avatar returns for this one, which is something I'm excited about.

I don't know that anything can save me from my obsession with Awakening, but I'm still very much looking forward to this one.

So hyped. Hope its not new 3ds exclusive because I'd buy it even if it is :'(
My wallet.....

Loving the Japanese-esque designs!

Definitely. The new direction with the location (or at least, they seemed new to me) is something I'm looking forward to. I want to watch the trailer again to see what they show off, but I'm stuck at work for a couple of hours more. I haven't even seen the direct yet...

Last edited:
There's speculation that the customizable Avatar returns for this one, which is something I'm excited about.

I don't know that anything can save me from my obsession with Awakening, but I'm still very much looking forward to this one.

It does seem possible since there was a first-person view part in the trailer. (Honestly I'd rather have an Awakening sequel or prequel, but this is still amazing.)

I'm extremely excited, loved Awakening and the character design in this game looks so good. I also really like the concept of having every choice matter.

It does seem possible since there was a first-person view part in the trailer. (Honestly I'd rather have an Awakening sequel or prequel, but this is still amazing.)

In terms of story, I sort of completed a lot of Awakening in my head. While it would be interesting to see a sequel, I'm also partially relieved that it's not. A story revolving around the kids would be interesting, though I wonder how they'd deal with everyone's different ships (maybe data from an Awakening file? haha).

Since Awakening had DLC with other games' characters in it, I wonder if FE14 will do the same. I sure hope so. It would be nice to see these characters again.

But seriously, I cannot begin to explain how obsessed I am with Awakening. It's going to be pretty much all I draw this year.

Since Awakening had DLC with other games' characters in it, I wonder if FE14 will do the same. I sure hope so. It would be nice to see these characters again.

But seriously, I cannot begin to explain how obsessed I am with Awakening. It's going to be pretty much all I draw this year.

It would be strange if DLC didn't return. The Awakening DLC didn't feel like "milking" (but I've never seen DLC as milking so I might not be the best person to ask) so I would enjoy it greatly. Maybe they'll have the Outrealms again and meet Chrom and everyone from Awakening? And will amiibo be used somehow?

If you only play Nintendo games, then DLC probably won't feel like milking to you. I've yet to experience non-Nintendo DLC, but the bad DLC experiences I've heard about have all been outside of Nintendo, while people repeatedly praise Nintendo DLC for actually being very much worth it. Mario Kart 8, for example, has fantastic DLC.

I'm super hyped for this. I loved Awakening (Still need to beat it) and this looks very promising as well. Kind of hope this is a sequel to Awakening, like how Radiant Dawn was a sequel to Path of Radiance.

I'm super hyped for this. I loved Awakening (Still need to beat it) and this looks very promising as well. Kind of hope this is a sequel to Awakening, like how Radiant Dawn was a sequel to Path of Radiance.

It isn't, it has completely new characters and I think Nintendo has said the games don't connect in any way.

It seems like the cast of characters is completely different, though.

Ah... I was going to start a new Fire Emblem: Awakening Classic Lunatic file, too. I've played through that game way too many times. I probably won't ever touch Lunatic+ though.

Which reminds me, I wonder what the new, never-before-seen challenges are going to be.

I also want to know more about key story points and visuals. For example, the different colors
tumblr_ni6khaiOru1reitwwo2_500.gif

tumblr_ni68pscAXr1rfmdfoo1_500.gif

I just realized, the necklace seems to be glowing in the second one, but not the first. Maybe it signifies an important turn in the story (hence the added color change). Who knows.

Last edited:
If you only play Nintendo games, then DLC probably won't feel like milking to you. I've yet to experience non-Nintendo DLC, but the bad DLC experiences I've heard about have all been outside of Nintendo, while people repeatedly praise Nintendo DLC for actually being very much worth it. Mario Kart 8, for example, has fantastic DLC.

I've bought some DLC on my XBOX 360 but that doesn't feel like milking to me (even if it is only 3 games...)

Why does her outfit look darker than in the trailer?
EDIT: It isn't I guess I just thought it looked more like the second outfit.
- - - Post Merge - - -

And the jokes begin.
She seems to have two color schemes. The lighting in the second one also made me think her hair color had gotten lighter, but since her skin looks lighter too, I'm just going to assume it's the setting and lighting.

Oh heck yessss I'm stoked :D
I just started playing Awakening and I'm new to the franchise but I love it so far :)

Back