Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

Same. Once 30 days or so were left my hype went back up, haha.

The week of, I was on edge until my copy arrived.

Same, even more so because I didn't get the SE I had reserved until like almost a week later. :(

@Aya: I haven't finished the games, but honestly I haven't been that terribly hooked on it. Literally no reason to choose any side, especially when the entire conflict could have been diplomatically solved or at least delayed to let the Hoshidians bury their Queen and Corrin their mom.

@Aya: I haven't finished the games, but honestly I haven't been that terribly hooked on it. Literally no reason to choose any side, especially when the entire conflict could have been diplomatically solved or at least delayed to let the Hoshidians bury their Queen and Corrin their mom.

tbh birthright just seems stupid to me as why would you abandon the people who raised you for your "real" siblings?

and the people who have supported a hoshidan royal will know why i said "real" siblings

One thing that irks me so much about this game is how you're unable to save between Chapter 27 and the endgame. :mad: Just reached the end of conquest. Chapter 27 took me a few tries and even then I barely won. Went on to the endgame and knew I was in trouble so I rushed the boss and was doing ok but my avatar literally needed just one more turn to take out the boss when she died. Now I have to do chapter 27 all over again just to get another shot at the endgame. Ugh!

Wasn't a problem in Birthright as I easily cleared chapter 27 and the endgame in one go, but it's proving difficult for Conquest.

Just wish I could restart from the beginning of the endgame as I'm busy as of late and just don't have time to do chapter 27 over again. Gonna take me a bit before I feel up to going at it again anyways.

If I remember correctly weren't you able to save between Awakening's last chapter and endgame? I feel like you could...

One thing that irks me so much about this game is how you're unable to save between Chapter 27 and the endgame. :mad: Just reached the end of conquest. Chapter 27 took me a few tries and even then I barely won. Went on to the endgame and knew I was in trouble so I rushed the boss and was doing ok but my avatar literally needed just one more turn to take out the boss when she died. Now I have to do chapter 27 all over again just to get another shot at the endgame. Ugh!

Wasn't a problem in Birthright as I easily cleared chapter 27 and the endgame in one go, but it's proving difficult for Conquest.

Just wish I could restart from the beginning of the endgame as I'm busy as of late and just don't have time to do chapter 27 over again. Gonna take me a bit before I feel up to going at it again anyways.

If I remember correctly weren't you able to save between Awakening's last chapter and endgame? I feel like you could...

If you need to know how to clear 27 quick to get back to end game, just run into the shaft on the left or right and get one of your best units to tank all the enemies from the other shafts out. Once they are dead, put someone 1 step into the main hallway and bait out those enemies for two turns. Then everyone else takes on the boss by going through the stairs. After everyone is out of the stairs and you end turn, you should be able to beat him the very next.

im hacking my copy for gay fates hack

also theres 27 days now and honestly i think im only getting deeper into hell every day

I was going to do that but I think it ****s up the children or something.
Plus there's already a gay character in fates so I ain't complaining lol.

Literally I started out just ram hacking with ACNL and progressively found myself downloading roms through an emuNAND n stuff lol, I'm so glad because now I literally don't have to buy a 3DS game ever again unless I choose to stop hacking.

You can download and own any game it's so great. I was originally going to import Birthright from America and just use the regionloader (lets you play games from other regions) and then when it released in the UK I was just going to buy Conquest and Revelations as DLC. Now, though, with the japanese version I don't have to buy anything since all 3 of the stories are on 1 game.

If you're interested then I highly advise you to look into it, it's well worth it! I only have a 12gb SD card in my 3ds atm so I only have like 7 games (all of which are quite recent, so stuff like Yokai watch, Monster hunter X, Super mystery dungeon, fates etc.) I might buy like a 64gb so I can get even more on my SD card.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Same, even more so because I didn't get the SE I had reserved until like almost a week later. :(

Not really. They're two countries at war lol. I think in one of the versions Corrin asks for diplomacy between the two but they both mutually disagree.

Technically Nohr are in the wrong, since they *tried* to eliminate Corrin and have been trying to do so since he/she went against King Garon's orders to execute Suzukaze and Rinka. It's not a case (as far as I'm aware, I'm halfway through the Hoshido story) of both sides being as bad as each other. Nohr is evil, Hoshido not so much (I say not so much since there exists houses in Hoshido that want Aqua dead, since she's considered royalty despite not being of their kindom's royal blood).

I was going to do that but I think it ****s up the children or something.
Plus there's already a gay character in fates so I ain't complaining lol.

Literally I started out just ram hacking with ACNL and progressively found myself downloading roms through an emuNAND n stuff lol, I'm so glad because now I literally don't have to buy a 3DS game ever again unless I choose to stop hacking.

You can download and own any game it's so great. I was originally going to import Birthright from America and just use the regionloader (lets you play games from other regions) and then when it released in the UK I was just going to buy Conquest and Revelations as DLC. Now, though, with the japanese version I don't have to buy anything since all 3 of the stories are on 1 game.

If you're interested then I highly advise you to look into it, it's well worth it! I only have a 12gb SD card in my 3ds atm so I only have like 7 games (all of which are quite recent, so stuff like Yokai watch, Monster hunter X, Super mystery dungeon, fates etc.) I might buy like a 64gb so I can get even more on my SD card.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really. They're two countries at war lol. I think in one of the versions Corrin asks for diplomacy between the two but they both mutually disagree.

Technically Nohr are in the wrong, since they *tried* to eliminate Corrin and have been trying to do so since he/she went against King Garon's orders to execute Suzukaze and Rinka. It's not a case (as far as I'm aware, I'm halfway through the Hoshido story) of both sides being as bad as each other. Nohr is evil, Hoshido not so much (I say not so much since there exists houses in Hoshido that want Aqua dead, since she's considered royalty despite not being of their kindom's royal blood).

eh idk i kinda need my gay princes uwu

I've been hacking ACNL since last year lmao, but I don't as much now. I need my friends old console to do it so :v

I know I'm late compared to most, but I finally completed Revelations, and while I won't spoil, I will say it was my favorite! It was my reclassing file, so I changed most of the units that I thought could use an upgrade, and it was all worth it. Now for my Classic files!

Last edited:

Yeah, considering the last time they tried to settle things peacefully, The Hoshidan King got killed and the prince/princess were kidnapped, it would make sense for Hoshidans to want to avoid that happening again. On Nohr's side, they just kidnapped the sheltered prince/princess, they would want him/her back before making an agreement, and if they did get him/her back, Garon wouldn't agree to a truce as evident by the beginning of Conquest.

Actually, what made me really dislike the story in this game is how hard it tries to make Corrin as innocent, naive, and pure as possible, along with other characters, especially in Conquest.

For example, in Birthright Ch 18, the Hoshidan forces visit a Nohr city and found out from Silas that Nohr's land is barren and their resources are lacking, which made their people turn to criminals just to get by. In response, Ryoma said that he didn't know that Nohr's condition was that bad, and since Hoshido is abudant with resources more than they need, he said he will help Nohr once the war is over.

What made me roll my eye here is that Ryoma didn't know at all that Nohr's land is barren. He's the crown prince. Nohr and Hoshido has been on war for long, Nohr's land has been barren for some time, neutral territory exists where Hoshidan can hear from Nohrians about their condition, but not ONCE that they hear how bad Nohr is? It would've make sense that Hoshido didn't want to help Nohr after what they did to their King, but instead, they insist that Hoshido is a peaceful country who didn't know thus did nothing wrong! Even the fact that they abducted Azura was glossed over because Azura was bullied in Nohr and was happier in Hoshido!!

As for Conquest, it was just so bad that I personally had to stop everytime I progress the story. They literally made Corrin so innocent and pure that when they attack other groups, their army didn't kill one single person. It was reassured in most chapters that Corrin didn't kill anyone and spared everyone, and it's followed with characters saying how pure Corrin is. I'm finding that really hard to believe.

They also didn't delve deeper into why Nohr is attacking Hoshido in the first place. Birthright explained that they lack resources, but here it wasn't mentioned at all. It just seemed that Nohr is attacking Hoshido because they can.

Corrin also vehemently refuses to follow Garon's order, and while can be seen as good, is really a stupid move, and it puts their supporters at risk of being killed along with Corrin. It's like seeing someone playing a game they know they don't like and kept complaining that they don't like it. Why play the game in the first place. Not to mention the game continues to guilt trip you for choosing Nohr.

I could go on with how much I don't like Conquest's story, but this would turn out longer. TL;DR it's a story about war but didn't even delve deeper on its war theme, literally just Garon Is Evil, and at most it's about two nations who are actually more similar than they thought and would've get along in peace. So in the end the better story is in Revelations which would require you to spend more money to experience.

As you can see I'm very much disappointed by the plot. It has potential to be good, but it just does things badly instead. At least Conquest was fun to play and the characters were great, but the story is really bad. /end rant

tbh birthright just seems stupid to me as why would you abandon the people who raised you for your "real" siblings?

and the people who have supported a hoshidan royal will know why i said "real" siblings

Ultimately because we're given no real reason to stick with them besides that? Like I felt more compelled to join Hoshido thanks to the first six chapters more than anything. Honestly the whole plot that I've seen so far is pretty crap.

well, it could also be because your other family killed your mom

- - - Post Merge - - -

i think nohr wouldve been better if they actually legit disobeyed garons orders in secret, instead of just oh im keeping u all alive i know exactly how hard to hit u for u to become unconscious!!

and hoshido was way too straightforward. no plot twists or anything.

revelation x hidden truths is best

Last edited:
revelations story has too many plotholes, birthright made me emotional at least. birthright is your generic hero story so whatever.

anyway, is effie!velouria better? she gives +1 def from charlotte, but -1spd. im doing pvp here so. i dont need effie for percy or mitama anyway so i was wondering if effie or charlotte is better for pvp for velouria. i might put charlotte with saizo for asugi. im not using charlotte for siegbert since im doing a miracle midori set with a beruka!siegbert. (hes meh anyway...)

Last edited:
Okay I played birthright again and Silas isn't that bad. I grinded and got him to paladin quickly and he's one of my best.

Finally beat Conquest yay! Had trouble with the Endgame the first time, but after getting familiar with the stage I changed my strategy and pulled off the win! ^_^ Tried to get my Avatar to deal the final blow, but the boss held on with 1HP so Jakob got to do the honours.

So excited to finally start Revelations! :)

Okay I played birthright again and Silas isn't that bad. I grinded and got him to paladin quickly and he's one of my best.

Same. During my time with Conquest, I didn't really think Silas was that great, so I ditched him somewhere along the line, but in Birthright, he's definitely one of my best units. I do feel that maybe I misused him in Conquest, but eh.

Silas is only good in Birthright because Hoshidan units tend to be more agile but lack defense. In Conquest, Nohrian units tend to be more tankier like Silas, so you won't need him as much.

Made my avatar into a Witch for Revelations (bored of the Nobles as I used them in both Birthright and Conquest). I was hesitant at first but I'm loving it so far to be honest! ^_^

fates is great my boi

birthright was so boring I plan on doing a hard+lunatic run, conquest was a lot more fun but Birthright made me the saddest. I'm only in the middle of my revelations run, it's my favorite route so far, the story is less emotional for me though. like the deaths so far had no effect on me and.. they didn't really.. make sense

married azura/laslow on all my files because i'm gay for them lmafo especially Azura
made my MU for conquest a lodestar, and reclassed Azura to great lord on all of my files (please do this.. she's so good as a great lord..) made my birthright feMU a witch because I'm making ophelia one in my revelations file, and I don't really like the hoshidoian nobile bs

i patched my game with the gay hack because i hacked my 3ds (elite 3ds hacker.. >=]) so I'm going to do a purely gay fates run after I'm done with my regular files.

please reclass mozu to an archer reclass azama to a dread fighter and reclass azura to a great lord ty

CheA4xXUUAAmxaD.jpg:large

What problems...

EDIT:

CheNBZwUkAAylPm.jpg:large

Touch that face. LMAO

Last edited:
Back